Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

:lol:

Well, woke up this morning, got a shower and went to work (the room in my house) turned on my emails, now I am full fucking Radge!

I spoke to the main gaffer yesterday who was more than fine me working at home.  I got an email around 10 from the other director throwing his weight around asking for me to produce evidence on my sickeness and why I am on that at risk group.  He said I need to proiduce comprehensive evidence on what I have done when off and working from home etc.

This morning though fuck me.  Another cunt of an email.  This one at 21:15 AFTER the governments announcement, saying he wants me back in the office basically.  Said my recent illness didn't put me at risk.  I had to produce evidence I was on meds for it too.

I said fine, i shall be in to collect me stuff at the weekend and good luck.

Last week the main gaffer sent an email saying we all needed to bunker down and graft hard.  Basically stop dicking about etc.  Day after 3 workshy fuckers were either off sick or self isolating.  Now the cunt is trying to broad brush and make it 'fair' for all.  So he's shot himself in the foot.  I am off sick and two jobs now won't go out this week.  Well done cock nose.  I finish in 8 days anyways.

• Like 5

Well done. There's absolutely no need for that level of cuntishness towards someone who has had an obvious illness and one of the few actually working in there. Take the next week and a half and put your feet up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well done. There's absolutely no need for that level of cuntishness towards someone who has had an obvious illness and one of the few actually working in there. Take the next week and a half and put your feet up.

I was stunned.  Their loss. Fuck em

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Too late, needed a snack.

5576D2D9-B3DC-4EC8-A0FF-DF3560D55173.jpeg

4 hours ago, Isegrim said:

You should put the tomato on it, It does make a world of a difference.

He should buy some new fucking plates, the manky bastard. 

• Haha 3

I know hardware shops are allowed to open. Sounds like they've taken that particular pair of 34 inch waist jeans off the shelf and are just telling themselves they fit. Serious CT style muffin top notwithstanding. 

• Haha 1

We’re going through a TUPE Process at the moment. One lad Ken is 65 later this year and at the turn if the year he decided it wasn’t worth the grief and he’d retire at the point we change to the new new employer ie a week today. Email he sent yesterday...

114BAE64-AA80-401E-AC40-E5B40DC9DFF0.jpeg

• Like 2

Well we got the brief today, continue working as normal. At home or in office, your choice. If you have kids, put them in school. Productivity checks every day. If you choose not to put your kids in school,  it makes no difference to your expected productivity. If you home school, you must work nights and weekends.  Even got the "keep calm and carry on" message on the email footer. 

What a fucking joke. If my kids are at school, with the best will in the world I am not socially distancing. A point that has been made by me repeatedly and repeatedly ignored. So I either take the risk in exposing them, and therefore us as parents, and from there staff at the hospital,  or I face the hell of working nights and weekends on top of childcare. This, from the caring NHS. FFS. 

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ugh, hope he ends up fine. Sounds like your place is run by unspeakable cunts. 

It was only after  the area manager received this yesterday that he got his arse in gear and decided to as much as address the issue with the team. We’ve had fuck all from him, just generic bullshit from board level, telling us that the company office staff were being sent home but we had to keep attending these places. He’s the one with the specific site knowledge and the one with a direct line to the client who is the landlord for these places. Only yesterday has he suggested doing a “dynamic risk assessment” . Am pleased I did my own a fortnight ago. 

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well we got the brief today, continue working as normal. At home or in office, your choice. If you have kids, put them in school. Productivity checks every day. If you choose not to put your kids in school,  it makes no difference to your expected productivity. If you home school, you must work nights and weekends.  Even got the "keep calm and carry on" message on the email footer. 

What a fucking joke. If my kids are at school, with the best will in the world I am not socially distancing. A point that has been made by me repeatedly and repeatedly ignored. So I either take the risk in exposing them, and therefore us as parents, and from there staff at the hospital,  or I face the hell of working nights and weekends on top of childcare. This, from the caring NHS. FFS. 

I mean I’m literally working on the COVID-19 response across government and we’re being given leeway over productivity due to our decision not to send the kids to school and the logistics of wfh, etc. The lack of perspective from some employers is fucking staggering 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think the logic of all of this isn't to prevent you or anyone else getting the disease, it's just to slow it down. So you can take from this that as an NHS employee, you're sort of in the group that has been designated to get it earlier.

But that aside, this seems to be really stressing you out man, and you've mentioned previously that you struggle with this kind of thing. Is there anything you can do to try and find calm in all of this? The high, high likelihood is that whatever happens, you and your family will be ok.

Just had a text off my line manager. He's apparently spoken to the director in question who's been a cunt and they've all agreed we can work from home. They're just worried about the workshy not outputting. 

I've not replied. I won't get the email as I'm not logged into my work emails so fuck em. He's acted an utter cunt and shot himself in the foot big style. 

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Just had a text off my line manager. He's apparently spoken to the director in question who's been a cunt and they've all agreed we can work from home. They're just worried about the workshy not outputting. 

I've not replied. I won't get the email as I'm not logged into my work emails so fuck em. He's acted an utter cunt and shot himself in the foot big style. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think the logic of all of this isn't to prevent you or anyone else getting the disease, it's just to slow it down. So you can take from this that as an NHS employee, you're sort of in the group that has been designated to get it earlier.

But that aside, this seems to be really stressing you out man, and you've mentioned previously that you struggle with this kind of thing. Is there anything you can do to try and find calm in all of this? The high, high likelihood is that whatever happens, you and your family will be ok.

Yeah, I do have a history of anxiety and mild depression and this is stressing the fuck out of me. I know everyone is in the same boat. Some people find work therapeutic, others like me can't concentrate in these situations. I just would hope for some leeway from my employer, but nah. 

One lad that works with my wife started worrying about this thing back in early January! Since then it's just been a progression of hideous news and now I think he's had a full on break down, the poor sod. I'm not quite there yet.