Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

40 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I just put up because the libertarians on Twitter who want to let it kill everyone were sharing it last night. Was looking for clarification of what roughly what you’ve said. Am also pleased you’re not expecting me to interpret an Oxford uni zoology study in any sort of detailed way :lol:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The union is putting their foot down with our place, thank fuck. The great irony being that I won our “Nominate a Mate” scheme for being diligent in cleaning surfaces etc and the prize is a voucher for a shopping centre where fuck all is open for the next 6 month :lol: 

It expires in three months as well 

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

The union is putting their foot down with our place, thank fuck. The great irony being that I won our “Nominate a Mate” scheme for being diligent in cleaning surfaces etc and the prize is a voucher for a shopping centre where fuck all is open for the next 6 month :lol: 

You can sell vouchers on apps like Zeek if you want to turn it into cash. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

The ambiguity regarding the construction industry seems totally reckless. Anyone who’s been to London knows how much building is going on and obviously a huge proportion of these workers are self employed. Add in the attitude of employers  / management, backed up by anecdotes on here, and you have a situation where too many people will continue to travel to work

I’m getting my head pecked from both sides, from bosses saying the government guidance allows them to keep sites open and loads on site saying they don’t feel comfortable/safe.

Measures have been put into place but sites aren’t the most hygienic places in the world at the best of times.

My more switched on contractors have shut their sites willingly but I still have 4 sites open and working.

Its a shit show tbh 

• Like 2

1,000 workers have walked out of a chicken processing factory over here citing unsafe working conditions. If other food producers suffer similar problems we could start to see more shortages.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

1,000 workers have walked out of a chicken processing factory over here citing unsafe working conditions. If other food producers suffer similar problems we could start to see more shortages.

Get people from Wetherspoons to do their job? 

Can I just add what a cunt Martin is. Not Meenzer btw. ;)

Strange how in these times of national emergency the Brexit loons have turned out to be selfish cunts, isn't it?

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool, my repeat prescription has been rejected by my doctor for no obvious reason and I can't get through to the surgery because they're not taking calls. Or letting anyone in through the front door who doesn't already have an appointment. :lol: As if my blood pressure wasn't high enough already...

8 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Cool, my repeat prescription has been rejected by my doctor for no obvious reason and I can't get through to the surgery because they're not taking calls. Or letting anyone in through the front door who doesn't already have an appointment. :lol: As if my blood pressure wasn't high enough already...

What's it for if you don't mind saying? I've managed to lock myself out of my account, forgotten my password and its hooked to a defunct email account. Lucky I stockpiled a lot of stuff already (moral hazard associated with a prepayment certificate). Not everything though, I need some stuff in 2 weeks or so. Also started using my ventolin, ehich I haven't for years, anxiety is causing a tight chest. 

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

What's it for if you don't mind saying? I've managed to lock myself out of my account, forgotten my password and its hooked to a defunct email account. Lucky I stockpiled a lot of stuff already (moral hazard associated with a prepayment certificate). Not everything though, I need some stuff in 2 weeks or so. Also started using my ventolin, ehich I haven't for years, anxiety is causing a tight chest. 

High blood pressure, underactive thyroid, that level of thing. Perspective and all that - there are worse things happening right now, obviously - but I'd still rather not run out. Ironically they did approve my ventolin. :lol:

I think I know what's happened and could easily explain it in a message to them but my surgery hasn't activated the messaging function in Patient Access. :good: 

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

High blood pressure, underactive thyroid, that level of thing. Perspective and all that - there are worse things happening right now, obviously - but I'd still rather not run out. Ironically they did approve my ventolin. :lol:

I think I know what's happened and could easily explain it in a message to them but my surgery hasn't activated the messaging function in Patient Access. :good: 

Were you on an ACE inhibitor or ARB? These are thought to worsen coronavirus, should you contract it. Don't worry if you run out of any blood pressure tablets, they're for longterm prevention and the risk of say, 6 months, stoppage is minimal. 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Were you on an ACE inhibitor or ARB? These are thought to worsen coronavirus, should you contract it. Don't worry if you run out of any blood pressure tablets, they're for longterm prevention and the risk of say, 6 months, stoppage is minimal. 

Apparently yes, so now I'm both reassured and a little worried. :D But cheers for that, and the other stuff is fairly low-dose too, nothing that should be an actual problem for now. Just one more thing to get anxious about really. :boogie: 

4 hours ago, NJS said:

I'm sure he'll try and get around it but I understand his term finishes legally on January 16th election or not and Pelosi would then be in charge.

Apart from the man himself exploding to the point of rather nuking his own country, I could see that causing almost civil war due to his moron cultists.

The first part is true but unfortunately the part about Pelosi being in charge isn't quite accurate. She's a member of the House of Representatives and so her term expires every 2 years and she has to get re-elected. Her, Trump's, and Pence's terms all finish on the same day. The next in the line of succession is the Senate president pro tempore whose name I don't know off the top of my head but who is guaranteed to be a Republican, as the role is traditionally given to the oldest sitting Senator from the majority party. 

• Like 1

Just went out with the boy for a bike ride, I thought 

“ We’ll go past Hillheads Farm shop and get some fruit while we’re out.”

There’s a big sign at the door saying stay 2m apart, do not go within 1m of till area until called,etc. 
I looked in and it’s fucking rammed, no one taking a blind bit of notice, and at least 60% elderly and/or fat as fuck. 

Darwinism. 

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just went out with the boy for a bike ride, I thought 

“ We’ll go past Hillheads Farm shop and get some fruit while we’re out.”

There’s a big sign at the door saying stay 2m apart, do not go within 1m of till area until called,etc. 
I looked in and it’s fucking rammed, no one taking a blind bit of notice, and at least 60% elderly and/or fat as fuck. 

Darwinism. 

The exclusive NHS shopping times are a godsend. Everybody respects social distancing. Same working here at hospital, I actually feel quite secure. And there are so few kids at school they are also socially distanced. Which is great but sad as fuck they are going through this.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Now you've got me researching - I'm on Amlopodine which I understand is a calcium channel blocker and not ACE or ARB - is that correct and is it okay in terms of covid-19?