Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Wouldn’t the clear water just be down to a lack of watercraft in the lagoon churning up the silt? 

Edited by Alex

Seems like all beach car parks from Berwick to tynemouth will be closed. Police cars & police helicopter were at Cullercoats today telling loads of people to go home. Plessey Woods & Bolam Lakes car parks shut. Mams & dads with kids wandering around Cramlington Asda again this morning. A mate of mine who lives in Skelmersdale  Lancashire said police were stopping motorists today asking were they were going, who was in the car reminding them of non essential travel. Apparently a few people near the shopping centre stopped & asked what they were doing. Seems like if they weren't shopping or getting meds they were told to return home. 

Just watched a news clip of a hospital in Queens, NY, where they've backed a refrigeration truck up to the rear door of the hospital to act as a makeshift morgue. 

And still that orange cunt is telling people he wants full churches on Easter Sunday. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Just watched a news clip of a hospital in Queens, NY, where they've backed a refrigeration truck up to the rear door of the hospital to act as a makeshift morgue. 

And still that orange cunt is telling people he wants full churches on Easter Sunday. 

Mental.

Is that rate of increase (or something) or overall totals?

Rate of increase wouldn't be that scary, but if that's the actual sum totals of US unemployment over time then fucking hell.

Edited by Rayvin

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, he’s honestly sub human scum. I thought he had some sort of idea behind being president (not saying his goals would have been good just thought he had some), but this has made it pretty clear his entire reason is simply to be president and he’s going to aim for that regardless of the human cost. 

Personally getting worried, two staff at the supermarket across the street have just tested positive today. My wife is newly pregnant (we had our first scan pushed back to an undetermined date which has made her even more anxious worrying about not getting prenatal care or even if the baby is okay at this point) and evidently they don’t have much insight into the effect on first trimester, her mother has lupus (and is struggling to get her medication as there’s a shortage of it as it’s one that is rumoured to be a possible medicine against this), and this absolute fucking fat piece of shit has completely reverted to pretending like this is no big deal. He’s apparently been referring to it in past tense, and saying we’ve learnt a lot from it, absolutely staggering. I’ve never liked him but this has pushed me to a point of fucking despising him, if he does do what he’s threatening and it has the predictable dire consequences he should be brought up on fucking charges, or war crimes seeing as he was acting like he was a general in a war at the weekend. 

I agree with everything Rappaport said in his rant, if people re elect this piece of shit after this I’ve given up hope with people. There’s also a billionaire who owns that hobby lobby chain store who has said they need to keep working the staff and there will be no sick pay for those who get it, I’m not normally one to push for things like this but when/if we make it through this we need some drastic fucking overhaul, as these billionaires have basically all turned their backs so it’s high time we cracked down on the cunts and stopped acting like they’re hero’s that deserve all their ungodly fortunes because they brought some fucking jobs to the table for fuck sake. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 8

44 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Its numbers seeking unemployment benefits. It has jumped to a record high of 3m+ People unemployed from around 200k before the coronavirus crisis. 

Can we assume that this is down to gig economy fallout?

22 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, he’s honestly sub human scum. I thought he had some sort of idea behind being president (not saying his goals would have been good just thought he had some), but this has made it pretty clear his entire reason is simply to be president and he’s going to aim for that regardless of the human cost. 

Personally getting worried, two staff at the supermarket across the street have just tested positive today. My wife is newly pregnant (we had our first scan pushed back to an undetermined date which has made her even more anxious worrying about not getting prenatal care or even if the baby is okay at this point) and evidently they don’t have much insight into the effect on first trimester, her mother has lupus (and is struggling to get her medication as there’s a shortage of it as it’s one that is rumoured to be a possible medicine against this), and this absolute fucking fat piece of shit has completely reverted to pretending like this is no big deal. He’s apparently been referring to it in past tense, and saying we’ve learnt a lot from it, absolutely staggering. I’ve never liked him but this has pushed me to a point of fucking despising him, if he does do what he’s threatening and it has the predictable dire consequences he should be brought up on fucking charges, or war crimes seeing as he was acting like he was a general in a war at the weekend. 

I agree with everything Rappaport said in his rant, if people re elect this piece of shit after this I’ve given up hope with people. There’s also a billionaire who owns that hobby lobby chain store who has said they need to keep working the staff and there will be no sick pay for those who get it, I’m not normally one to push for things like this but when/if we make it through this we need some drastic fucking overhaul, as these billionaires have basically all turned their backs so it’s high time we cracked down on the cunts and stopped acting like they’re hero’s that deserve all their ungodly fortunes because they brought some fucking jobs to the table for fuck sake. 

Well fucking said.

As much as we are all anxious here, I genuinely fear for our American friends. You have a global pandemic and an orange cunt of a president who is in denial. You have no universal healthcare and little national coordination. You are going to suffer mass deaths and unemployment. You have guns fucking everywhere, and a sizable proportion of the population is deranged. That is one fuck of a scary scenario. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

As much as we are all anxious here, I genuinely fear for our American friends. You have a global pandemic and an orange cunt of a president who is in denial. You have no universal healthcare and little national coordination. You are going to suffer mass deaths and unemployment. You have guns fucking everywhere, and a sizable proportion of the population is deranged. That is one fuck of a scary scenario. 

Aye I would not want to be in America at the minute. Trump could not be handling this any worse. It's gonna go fucking radge and feel very lawless in certain parts of the country, I reckon. And the loss of life will be colossal. Fuck that bloke, I hope he gets it and dies. 

• Like 2

Went to Tesco at Kingston Park earlier. The staff are absolutely crushing it. Turned up and there was a long queue, and was about to sack it off when the lad that was spray cleaning all of the trolley handles (!) stopped me and told me I'd be in quicker than I thought. 

Ten minutes later, I'm in the shop. It's basically one in, one out to limit the number of people in store. You're asked to observe the 2m on arrival. 

Shelves are as good as can be expected - still no pasta, tinned tomatoes, rice, etc, but lots of the shelves looked pretty normal and this was about midday. 

I did the scan as you shop thing and they've got black tape on the floor at 2m intervals to make sure everyone stays apart. A member of staff takes your trolley off you, scans it in, does all the on-screen button pressing so you don't have to, and checks to make sure you haven't bought any more than 3 of each item. 

Then they call you forward when it's set up so that all you have to do is out your card and pin number in. They shift away while you do it and you're on your way. 

Super impressive. I'd been dreading going back to the supermarket but this was like being there at 8am on a normal day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Went to Tesco at Kingston Park earlier. The staff are absolutely crushing it. Turned up and there was a long queue, and was about to sack it off when the lad that was spray cleaning all of the trolley handles (!) stopped me and told me I'd be in quicker than I thought. 

Ten minutes later, I'm in the shop. It's basically one in, one out to limit the number of people in store. You're asked to observe the 2m on arrival. 

Shelves are as good as can be expected - still no pasta, tinned tomatoes, rice, etc, but lots of the shelves looked pretty normal and this was about midday. 

I did the scan as you shop thing and they've got black tape on the floor at 2m intervals to make sure everyone stays apart. A member of staff takes your trolley off you, scans it in, does all the on-screen button pressing so you don't have to, and checks to make sure you haven't bought any more than 3 of each item. 

Then they call you forward when it's set up so that all you have to do is out your card and pin number in. They shift away while you do it and you're on your way. 

Super impressive. I'd been dreading going back to the supermarket but this was like being there at 8am on a normal day. 

Aye, I'm impressed how well social distancing is working for the most part. Never sure what you're meant to do when you pick something up, and realise you don't want it and put it back? Also, are you really supposed to disinfect everything on your return? How do you do that with naked fruit and veg? Ideally I'd like to get my hands on some disposable gloves.