Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

My lass had me putting stuff that doesn't hate the sun in the garden for a couple of hours when I got home. :lol: No idea if that makes a difference but if it's that or wiping everything down, it can sunbathe for a bit. 

I did wipe the rest down like. Just in case and cos there wasn't loads. Fruit and veg I'll wash before cooking and wont be touching again until it gets cooked anyway. 

There's still plenty cunts in the shop fucking strolling down the middle of the aisle like they're better than all of this btw. Or old dears taking 5 minutes to find the best apple and in the meantime everyone is bunching up cos they don't want to lean across her. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

My lass had me putting stuff that doesn't hate the sun in the garden for a couple of hours when I got home. :lol: No idea if that makes a difference but if it's that or wiping everything down, it can sunbathe for a bit. 

I did wipe the rest down like. Just in case and cos there wasn't loads. Fruit and veg I'll wash before cooking and wont be touching again until it gets cooked anyway. 

There's still plenty cunts in the shop fucking strolling down the middle of the aisle like they're better than all of this btw. Or old dears taking 5 minutes to find the best apple and in the meantime everyone is bunching up cos they don't want to lean across her. 

A couple of hours will make no difference. My colleague puts her non perishable in the garden for 3 days! I have heard as a minimum you should remove cardboard sleeves where applicable. I dunno, it's hard to know where to stop. Something I'll worry about more when the incidence rises here, it's very low at the moment, and I'm convinced person to person transmission is the main vector. 

The UK has also opted out of the EU procurement scheme for ventilators and other medical equipment. A scheme which has managed to obtain absolutely everything they asked for.

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

When you think about how quickly lawlessness descended on New Orleans with Hurricane Katrina then the potential regarding America in all of this is pretty fucking scary like. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The UK has also opted out of the EU procurement scheme for ventilators and other medical equipment. A scheme which has managed to obtain absolutely everything they asked for.

Staying in power as long as possible will still be Johnson’s primary concern 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

One of my concerns is if we start seeing a trend for a few days of deaths slowing, people will see that as a sign as everything is OK and fuck off back out en masse.

That’s what I was thinking. People are barely taking notice now, it’s not going to help when they start messing with the stats.

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

That’s what I was thinking. People are barely taking notice now, it’s not going to help when they start messing with the stats.

Aye, a lot of people really don’t seem to grasp that this is an emerging threat and act like exponential curves just aren’t a thing. Over here a lot are referencing a statistic that more die on average per year from automobile accidents, which is complete bullshit stats, you cant compare a historical average to a currently emerging threat, going off that you could have said at one point World Wars 1 and 2 weren’t a big deal as at one point in time they had less deaths than other wars. 

Seeing this sort of shit all the time, time to log off Facebook:

35776828-541A-43A9-BAA9-700940350EE4.jpeg

• Jaysus... 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Having said all that, they didn't have any farro which I am fucking LIVID about. 

For the sake of those on the board scratching their head thinking,

” Farro? Is that another one of those weird fucking budgie foods?” 
Yes, yes it is. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

For the sake of those on the board scratching their head thinking,

” Farro? Is that another one of those weird fucking budgie foods?” 
Yes, yes it is. :lol:

Fucking hell, I was just getting used to my quinoa. This stuff looks even ranker. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Can we assume that this is down to gig economy fallout?

not just gig economy worker - hotels, restaurants, entertainment, transportation, manufacturing, healthcare and social assistance - all hit hard, according to reports. 

also, the real picture will be much bigger because the claims data only accounts for those who could apply for the benefit. others had hours slashed, or were unable to get onto the clim site, which crashed after overwhelming traffic volume. economists are predicting 15-20m US job losses in the coming weeks. grim. as. fuck 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Aye, I'm impressed how well social distancing is working for the most part. Never sure what you're meant to do when you pick something up, and realise you don't want it and put it back? Also, are you really supposed to disinfect everything on your return? How do you do that with naked fruit and veg? Ideally I'd like to get my hands on some disposable gloves.

I’ve been leaving fruit and veg (and post :lol: ) for 24 hours before putting away as I’d heard that it can’t live for 24 hours.

As for disposable gloves, euro car parts had some 2 days ago. Pack of 100 about £6.00

• Thanks 1

you have to draw the line somewhere or you'll go mental i reckon. i caught the wife washing fruit and veg in the sink like dishes the other day. just stay at home and you'll probably be alright.

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

not just gig economy worker - hotels, restaurants, entertainment, transportation, manufacturing, healthcare and social assistance - all hit hard, according to reports. 

also, the real picture will be much bigger because the claims data only accounts for those who could apply for the benefit. others had hours slashed, or were unable to get onto the clim site, which crashed after overwhelming traffic volume. economists are predicting 15-20m US job losses in the coming weeks. grim. as. fuck 

Do you remember that saying, when America sneezes, the world gets a cold? The whole global economy is now completely fucked. 

Nick Bryant has a good sobering report on the state of US politics on the Beeb website. I think the days of American hegemony may be behind us. Amazing what happens when you elect Trump. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Do you remember that saying, when America sneezes, the world gets a cold? The whole global economy is now completely fucked. 

Nick Bryant has a good sobering report on the state of US politics on the Beeb website. I think the days of American hegemony may be behind us. Amazing what happens when you elect Trump. 

It's not just on him though - they were in decline anyway. Hegemony is a short lived drug these days it seems.

Europe would have been a great partner to get in with for the new era...

Sunak- “ We’ll pay self employed folk 80% of whatever they declared on last years return”

Me - “ Fair enough, pleasantly surprised you Tory Cunt- what’s the catch?”

Sunak- “ HMRC say you can apply by the beginning of June…”

Me - giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Sunak- “ We’ll pay self employed folk 80% of whatever they declared on last years return”

Me - “ Fair enough, pleasantly surprised you Tory Cunt- what’s the catch?”

Sunak- “ HMRC say you can apply by the beginning of June…”

Me - giphy.gif

My brothers in the same boat...he’s ok-ish I think, but if you’ve done >50k gross in any of the last 3 years apparently you won’t get much. Does Mrs F work full time?..

43 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's not just on him though - they were in decline anyway. Hegemony is a short lived drug these days it seems.

Europe would have been a great partner to get in with for the new era...

The US were in slow decline,  but indisputably the leaders of both hard and soft power in the world under Obama. But after Trump? Nobody looks up to the US anymore, he's massively accelerated their decline. I mean, they should be leading the response to this tragedy but instead they have been utterly shambolic and the ramifications are terrifying.

Edited by Renton