Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

The US were in slow decline,  but indisputably the leaders of both hard and soft power in the world under Obama. But after Trump? Nobody looks up to the US anymore, he's massively accelerated their decline. I mean, they should be leading the response to this tragedy but instead they have been utterly shambolic and the ramifications are terrifying.

No arguments on that front. Trump has been hilariously bad.

Well, it would be hilarious if not for people dying.

Edited by Rayvin

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

My brothers in the same boat...he’s ok-ish I think, but if you’ve done >50k gross in any of the last 3 years apparently you won’t get much. Does Mrs F work full time?..

Part-time. wfh at the moment on full pay. 
If I get this 80% lark, we might not have to sell the kids to former DJs. 

I had a lean year last year, work wise, so we won’t be dining on caviar these next few weeks, but this’ll go a long way to keeping my ticker from exploding again :lol:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

No arguments on that front. Trump has been hilariously bad.

Well, it would be hilarious if not for people dying.

That's what happens when you put a mega wealthy rampant sociopath, who has been handed every single thing to him on a silver platter, in charge of one of the most powerful nations on earth. 

Got my parents and sister on WhatsApp at least so talked to them on video call. My mum told me there was a good fruit and veg job still open in Whitley Bay. I was like, err how do you know? Oh, your Dad drove me and your sister there this afternoon.

I was WTF?! Yes, radgie. They're all high risk and supposed to be being shielded ffs! They don't have a fucking clue. My Dad shouldn't be driving anyway, even without this. 87, with COPD, nearly died of pneumonia this January. I told them instead of clapping the NHS, just do what they say if you want to help. I'll get all the groceries. They've promised not to do it again  but for 12 weeks? No chance.  

• Jaysus... 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I hope you clapped me MF.

You'll be glad to hear that I and most of the population of central Lewisham gave you the clap :good: 

(It's Labour as fuck around here so I suppose I don't find it as inherently hypocritical as it would be elsewhere :dunno: )

6 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

You'll be glad to hear that I and most of the population of central Lewisham gave you the clap :good: 

(It's Labour as fuck around here so I suppose I don't find it as inherently hypocritical as it would be elsewhere :dunno: )

I think it's a nice idea for showing appreciation to frontline workers in densely populated places. Certainly the scenes from France and Spain where the crisis is ahead of us, these clinical staff like CatMag are doing an amazing job. Seems a bit daft in suburban England like, clapping from the door step of your semi. 

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

I hope you clapped me MF.

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think it's a nice idea for showing appreciation to frontline workers in densely populated places. Certainly the scenes from France and Spain where the crisis is ahead of us, these clinical staff like CatMag are doing an amazing job. Seems a bit daft in suburban England like, clapping from the door step of your semi. 

I did indeed stand on the doorstep and wave my semi, whilst thinking about nurses. 

• Jaysus... 1

34 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I did indeed stand on the doorstep and wave my semi, whilst thinking about nurses. 

:lol: You get a mackemraider2 facepalm for that one.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

A fitting tribute to the air ambulances! Well done.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Got my parents and sister on WhatsApp at least so talked to them on video call. My mum told me there was a good fruit and veg job still open in Whitley Bay. I was like, err how do you know? Oh, your Dad drove me and your sister there this afternoon.

I was WTF?! Yes, radgie. They're all high risk and supposed to be being shielded ffs! They don't have a fucking clue. My Dad shouldn't be driving anyway, even without this. 87, with COPD, nearly died of pneumonia this January. I told them instead of clapping the NHS, just do what they say if you want to help. I'll get all the groceries. They've promised not to do it again  but for 12 weeks? No chance.  

:lol: this is mint. For some reason I picture them like on Ferris Bueller, out in the convertible, fucking shades on, while you're sat at home like Principal Ed Rooney. :lol:

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Cant think that the fellah across the road who’s recruitment firm has just gone tits voted for anyone but the tories. The local vicar at the other end too :glare: