Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Just now, Gemmill said:

I'm fixin to get spangled this evening. Your mam, dad and sister are picking me up shortly. Your dad reckons he knows a good dealer, so hopes are high. 

Look out for the Blue Nissan Note beeping outside your window homie. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Had it in waves like you.  I cant say I am massively worried about getting it.  Infact, I could have even had it!  I get worried about work, then I am ok, then worried about my old man, then I speak to him and he's in good spirits.  I have limited myself on social media etc and tried to keep busy.  I am currently on Annual leave so spent most of the day doing jobs in the garden I have been putting off for months.

Stick in there Renton.

Yeah, will do, need to take my mind off things.

Anybody got any exciting plans for the weekend? 

51 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How many people do you think would something like that be have to be kept from just within his inner circle? 

Who did the test on Johnson & Hancock? Rishi fuckin Sunak? 🙄

I hate the Tories as much as anyone but they're as spooked as anyone about this. Johnson has a pregnant missus ffs.

Can we be sure she’s the mother of it, though? 
:crazypilot:

• Haha 1

I'm not too bad as am WFH but Mrs very wound up - Amazon parcel and dogfood parcel are in quarantine in porch until tomorrow a.m. (2 days)

Must admit working from home is a distraction, to a point, but the whole social distancing thing if you meet someone when out is bizarre and unnerving IMO, lucky though we live on edge of farmland/countryside so the dog walk is usually "Other people" free. I wouldn't want to be living city center just now.

Managed to split the back of my head on a door this morning. I was in Lewisham hospital A&E getting glued back together again when the news came through of Johnson having coronavirus. The staff there were delighted that he had it! I hate the cunt as much as the next man, but the NHS staff seem to despise him. Still, it gave them a welcome boost in what must be terrible times for them. At least he’s doing something for their morale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s mad how much still having to work has limited the impact, somewhat. Has all felt a bit like a regular week so far but I’m assuming the weekend is where I’ll go stir crazy and start thinking about it too much.

Working from home has definitely come with pros & cans. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Managed to split the back of my head on a door this morning. I was in Lewisham hospital A&E getting glued back together again when the news came through of Johnson having coronavirus. The staff there were delighted that he had it! I hate the cunt as much as the next man, but the NHS staff seem to despise him. Still, it gave them a welcome boost in what must be terrible times for them. At least he’s doing something for their morale.

I did think to myself that it would be better if people elected someone who would actually fund the NHS properly as opposed to standing outside and clapping their hands etc in a show of support. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Do you not just pick up the parcel, remove the packaging, bin it, and wash your hands? 

Well yes, I would, but Mrs treats parcel like it is garlic and she was a vampire and if it makes her happy for me not to touch it, so be it.

30 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Big news for rust belt 'murica...

If only there was an emergency power he could use to force them to start producing essential items needed. Oh aye there is but the stupid CUNT won’t sign it as he said he doesnt need too as many companies are ringing him saying they’re going to produce things, and he doesn’t want to force any nationalization (he then acted as if this wasn’t just a temporary emergency measure, it was as if he signs this they’d just always be forced by the govt). Even if the companies did agree to do it off their own back it would mean there was a bidding war from states on an open market, rather than the alternative which would force them to sell to the fed at cost plus who could then distribute to states. It’s almost as if trying to profiteer and prop up stock market numbers isn’t the right way to manage a pandemic. 

I would say I feel bad hoping he gets it, but honestly he’s already laughed at the thought of Romney getting it during a fucking live press conference, and through his actions (or lack thereof) putting untold amounts of lives at risk. There are nurses in Mt Sinai hospital in Queens (where this abomination of a person was born) dying from COVID as they’re using fucking bin liners as PPE, and he gives NYC 400 out of the national 20,000 stockpile of ventilators after saying on tv that they’d get what they need and he won’t be accepting anything from China or South Korea. 

• Like 2