Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

5 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

You don't understand. This lockdown is going to destroy entire families and I'm going to be there to mop up the pieces/console all these lonely MILFS

Screenshot_20200328-052142_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Aye, London just has a higher population density and therefore a higher arsehole density. So to speak.

Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central, Shattered Dreams Parkway and Corona Avenue.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Aye, London just has a higher population density and therefore a higher arsehole density. So to speak.

I like London but it’s definitely got more than its fair share of selflish cunts. Who obviously aren’t necessarily from there. 

Edited by Alex

15 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Chief Medical Officer self isolating with symptoms as well. Have these dopes not been following their own advice? 

I can show you one man who doesn’t think much of the ‘advice’.

• Jaysus... 2

Aye just seen this on YouTube. No social distancing in the first place with the dicks behind him, then cunto hands them all a pen. He is just the fucking worst person imaginable for this situation. 

Watching him actually say out loud that state governors need to be nice to him if they want him to provide them with ventilators. And genuinely seeming to think that people in those states will understand that it's their governor's fault, not his, if they end up short. It's. Fucking. Insane. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

Apparently the test is unreliable if you don't have symptoms. Which makes it a shit test, but supposedly that's the craic. Which is why no one is getting the test just for mixing with the infected. 

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Apparently the test is unreliable if you don't have symptoms. Which makes it a shit test, but supposedly that's the craic. Which is why no one is getting the test just for mixing with the infected. 

It’s not necessarily the testing but quarantining of people in close contact with a carrier that should have been done much much earlier, in my untrained opinion.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I like London but it’s definitely got more than its fair share of selflish cunts. Who obviously aren’t necessarily from there. 

I’ve lived down here for nigh on 20 years and, while I love the place and will probably always live here, I agree with you.

Whenever I come back up, I’m always struck by the warmth of people in Newcastle to strangers (even little things like people calling you pet). 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I’ve lived down here for nigh on 20 years and, while I love the place and will probably always live here, I agree with you.

Whenever I come back up, I’m always struck by the warmth of people in Newcastle to strangers (even little things like people calling you pet). 

definitely agree with that. i love that about coming home (to newcastle). funny i call it that as i haven't lived up there since 1997.

i think again it's down to the volume of people. it's overwhelming in the centre, people don't even stop or look up, let alone engage in friendly chit chat. it can be exhausting, but it also appeals to those who like anonymity. people tend to leave each other alone. though i have been struck by how everyone on my street seems to know each other and how they're all looking out for each other right now. there are loads of whatsapp groups, which i tend to avoid, and that nextdoor app where people are helping out dropping off food for those who are isolating. 

and conversely, while small towns are without a doubt more friendly and welcoming, they are also more threatening. i've never had any bother in 20 years living down here. i've seen more fights kick off during nights out on the trips home i've had than i have seen down here this entire time. 

I was speaking to a mate just now who is a very staunch Labour supporter.  He lived through the Thatcher era.  I was just a nipper, he had just left school as she was made PM.  Fucking hates the Tories with passion.

He was saying how it's one rule for one and one for the other with regards to the PM being tested for Covid-19.  Now, if it was Corbyn who had been in charge and tested, would he have said the same?  I highly doubt it.  I have seen some similar posts on here.  I know full well these tests should be given to NHS front line workers etc first, but surly the PM who is leading the country should be tested?

Or am I thinking too simplistically? 

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I was speaking to a mate just now who is a very staunch Labour supporter.  He lived through the Thatcher era.  I was just a nipper, he had just left school as she was made PM.  Fucking hates the Tories with passion.

He was saying how it's one rule for one and one for the other with regards to the PM being tested for Covid-19.  Now, if it was Corbyn who had been in charge and tested, would he have said the same?  I highly doubt it.  I have seen some similar posts on here.  I know full well these tests should be given to NHS front line workers etc first, but surly the PM who is leading the country should be tested?

Or am I thinking too simplistically? 

The Prime Minister should be tested indeed, as he is a key worker in the whole situation. I have an issue with Prince Charles getting one though since he is an irrelevance.

I do think it's fair for Johnson to take some flack for being part of successive governments which failed to properly fund the system that is taking such good care of him.

• Like 1

Having my daily walk Tynemouth. It's completely dead. People are absolutely observing social distancing.  I feel much more optimistic. I heard professor Ferguson who was the mover behind these measures thinks we can get the death toll down to 6000 from the first wave, down from 450,000 if we did nothing.  If we achieve that it would be amazing. Anything under 20,000 is a huge win. 

Jug ears is in his 70s and must have had symptoms - I think it's a stretch but even as a very strong republican it doesn't bother me much. I would say I actually find it sad that his wife hadn't interacted close enough with him to catch it - I wouldn't expect them to be shagging but surely some form of intimacy persists to that age? 

Johnson deserves flak for not practising what he preaches but the test is fair enough. 

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

definitely agree with that. i love that about coming home (to newcastle). funny i call it that as i haven't lived up there since 1997.

i think again it's down to the volume of people. it's overwhelming in the centre, people don't even stop or look up, let alone engage in friendly chit chat. it can be exhausting, but it also appeals to those who like anonymity. people tend to leave each other alone. though i have been struck by how everyone on my street seems to know each other and how they're all looking out for each other right now. there are loads of whatsapp groups, which i tend to avoid, and that nextdoor app where people are helping out dropping off food for those who are isolating. 

and conversely, while small towns are without a doubt more friendly and welcoming, they are also more threatening. i've never had any bother in 20 years living down here. i've seen more fights kick off during nights out on the trips home i've had than i have seen down here this entire time. 

Bet you get more of this kind of thing in small towns too:

• Haha 2

Spoke to my sister today who's a retired radiographer and she got a letter asking her to come back. I think she would have been willing but she has MS so its a non-starter. She's okay but not to stand all day. 

I think we're both pretty happy in reality. 

• Like 1