Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

My housemate has to self-isolate because work sent him home because he was slightly hot :lol: Think that goes for me too so time for 2 weeks of pure onanism from yours truly.

I'd have been self isolating from day one if this was the criteria?:shades:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex said:

So after paying someone to tell you that you can cook stuff and freeze it you’re now paying for an app that can count to 100? ;) Tempted to give it a go

It's free on Android, bitch. Now check out my biceps. *flex*

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's free on Android, bitch. Now check out my biceps. *flex*

:lol: it’s a pound on the apple App Store

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Anyone using Zoom? .... There appears to be a range of apps, which one is best for talking shit to family members?... 

I'd like advice on this, there's so many of them now. Facetime, zoom, WhatsApp, google hangouts, Skype, Starleaf. We use the latter for work and it works well. WhatsApp is very choppy  and can only be installed on one device? 

45 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'd like advice on this, there's so many of them now. Facetime, zoom, WhatsApp, google hangouts, Skype, Starleaf. We use the latter for work and it works well. WhatsApp is very choppy  and can only be installed on one device? 

Has anybody tried the phone? Usually works for me. :good:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Anyone using Zoom? .... There appears to be a range of apps, which one is best for talking shit to family members?... 

I haven't but I know people that use it for all manner of things as it is safe and secure. I know a friend's kids use it for online schooling etc. 

27 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Has anybody tried the phone? Usually works for me. :good:

The bairns definitely have a better conversation with the grandparents when they just ring them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Zoom seems to be the most widely used within publishing, everyone is on it.

In other news, the NHS is now apparently desperate trying to source scrubs and other supplies from non-NHS suppliers, including Medical fetishwear companies...

https://www.newsweek.com/medical-fetish-site-donates-stock-nhs-1494951

@Monkeys Fist Your country needs you

• Haha 2

Not sure about that like. We're only a week into the lockdown. There's a load of people that will have it and haven't started getting sick yet. Promising that we haven't seen a more dramatic rise in the figures though. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

There's an app called Signal which is a bit like WhatsApp and is more encrypted than the rest if you're paranoid. 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Not sure about that like. We're only a week into the lockdown. There's a load of people that will have it and haven't started getting sick yet. Promising that we haven't seen a more dramatic rise in the figures though. 

Maybe, but I don't think Prof Ferguson pulled the 6000 figure from his arse and his modelling maybe looks plausible? There are only 163 currently critically ill but I admit I'm not fully understanding this. In this country, the seriously Ill seem to die very quickly because our death rate is higher than our severe morbidity rate.

Hopefully things will become more clear very soon.

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fatality figures for the past 2 days very encouraging. Too early to say for sure but we may have already hit a plateau, with 6000 deaths looking possible  

6,000? surely we're going to sky rocket way past that?

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

6,000? surely we're going to sky rocket way past that?

The death rate has declined in the past 2 days and is currently only 1408. If that trend continues I don't expect to exceed 6000. In this wave at least. Still more than China. 

@trooper Fine running conditions in the big smoke today, low clouds and drizzle keeping the less hardy park-goers away. Distancing protocol being observed by all but the occasional dawdling family filling the width of the path as if it belonged to them. Subtle, low-key signage (pictured in happier weather) appears to be having the desired effect.

91038364_2615836205367615_33449796699489

• Like 2