Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Once the antibody tests come in, I think maybe they will introduce badges, perhaps to label people who aren't immune. Something like a star maybe, could be worn as an arm band?

I read a suggestion of a passport type document.

Edit : for those immune.

Edited by NJS
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Renton said:

The high street is fucked now mind. Intu will be gone. Places like Fenwicks. Thousands of food and drink outlets gone. Tourism fucked. Manufacturing ditto. It's not going to be easy. 

Rents man :lol: 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

Rents man :lol: 

Honestly, what? The high street was on its last legs anyway. Intu were teetering on the brink of administration. They own shitloads of shopping centres. Eldon square, Metrocentre, Arndale. Fenwicks also very precarious. I don't think these places are reopening which is pretty sad. Disagree if you want but I'm interested to know how we can avoid this and what the implications are for normal life. 

Tourism, what do you think will happen? Do you think Nissan will reopen in Sunderland, when nobody can afford a new car? You can't close down entire industries for months, possibly repeatedly, and expect no consequences. The world is going to be different. That's not alarmist or unfairly depressing, just fact. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i see toby young is doing his best katie hopkins impression, the odious toad

Imagine that, basically being a low rent  Katie Hopkins. Horrible little cunt. Probably keeps chickens 

Edited by Alex

29 minutes ago, NJS said:

I read a suggestion of a passport type document.

Edit : for those immune.

Blue if you’re immune. Dark blue if you’re dead 

• Haha 1

I got put on furlough today, ffs. Oh well at least I can go out...... Oh....... 

On a serious note I've been thinking about volunteering but seriously shitting me pants about it. I know it's a little selfish. I was thinking of maybe volunteering at the local pharmacy to deliver meds to people. 

31 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

On a serious note I've been thinking about volunteering but seriously shitting me pants about it. I know it's a little selfish. I was thinking of maybe volunteering at the local pharmacy to deliver meds to people. 

Pharmacy is a cracking idea as they’ll have adult nappies.  

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

While they rake in the profits from your free labour?

Plus we could do without a mass shooting in a pharmacy right now, ta.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I've signed up to the volunteering thing but still don't have my access to the app confirmed. Think you'll have to go through the official thing to do prescription delivery though cos that's one of the thing I signed up for. 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

My eldest daughter has just started working at a pharmacy.

Don't.

Even.

Think.

About.

It.

Wykiki.

:good:

:lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

If you want to help deliver drugs, meet me under the bridge at Jn 27 on the A1. 

34 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If you want to help deliver drugs, meet me under the bridge at Jn 27 on the A1. 

Or a pizza shop in Walker. (Gemmill wouldn't have went in it). :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Honestly, what? The high street was on its last legs anyway. Intu were teetering on the brink of administration. They own shitloads of shopping centres. Eldon square, Metrocentre, Arndale. Fenwicks also very precarious. I don't think these places are reopening which is pretty sad. Disagree if you want but I'm interested to know how we can avoid this and what the implications are for normal life. 

Tourism, what do you think will happen? Do you think Nissan will reopen in Sunderland, when nobody can afford a new car? You can't close down entire industries for months, possibly repeatedly, and expect no consequences. The world is going to be different. That's not alarmist or unfairly depressing, just fact. 

had on, weren't you telling us all to chill this time yesterday? :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/v22vodart/11822/p11822...

a new career? at least you won't have to work with those arseholes anymore, and you'll be too off your tits to care

• Haha 2