Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I see the fucking farmers are moaning and wanting to bring in migrant workers the tory loving cunts. 

Honestly, who could’ve predicted that Brexit was a bad idea for them? :lol:

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Honestly, what? The high street was on its last legs anyway. Intu were teetering on the brink of administration. They own shitloads of shopping centres. Eldon square, Metrocentre, Arndale. Fenwicks also very precarious. I don't think these places are reopening which is pretty sad. Disagree if you want but I'm interested to know how we can avoid this and what the implications are for normal life. 

Tourism, what do you think will happen? Do you think Nissan will reopen in Sunderland, when nobody can afford a new car? You can't close down entire industries for months, possibly repeatedly, and expect no consequences. The world is going to be different. That's not alarmist or unfairly depressing, just fact. 

Well given the vast majority of the country is getting 80% of their wage it’s bollocks to suggest no one will be able to afford a car 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I see the fucking farmers are moaning and wanting to bring in migrant workers the tory loving cunts. 

Good luck with it with borders being closed all over Europe. There is a huge number of workers from Poland missing here as well.

I’d suggest to recruit everyone having a new blue passport to step in. Or workers from China...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Also, it’s widely accepted now that China have lied through their teeth about their number of deaths 

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/wuhan-deaths-03272020182846.html

That article isn’t really supporting the suggestion of “lying through their teeth” though. It’s so far based on the observation and calculations of residents as well as stating that the problem is that people dying without being diagnosed not being included in the official numbers. That’s something you do see in a lot of nations. But those people aren’t included in the number of cases anyway.

24 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Well given the vast majority of the country is getting 80% of their wage it’s bollocks to suggest no one will be able to afford a car 

Absolutely loads of people aren't on 80% of their wages. My own family is looking at much greater cuts in income as we face taking unpaid leave, because working from home with young kids is fucking impossible. Loads of self employed people falling through the cracks. Loads of companies will fold. Pension pots will be smashed. Pensionable age will hit 70 for many.

The automobile industry in general and Nissan specifically were on their knees anyway. A bit naive to think this couldn't tip them over the edge, the impact on  the NE may be disproportionate. Usually is tbh.  There'll be huge negative impacts on other manufacturing such as aviation too. What im getting at is the world is going to change imo, its not BAU. Ewerk, Rayvin, and some others disagree. You can contribute to the debate if you like instead of sniping. Im genuinely interested in what people think will happen short, medium, and long term. 

31 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

That article isn’t really supporting the suggestion of “lying through their teeth” though. It’s so far based on the observation and calculations of residents as well as stating that the problem is that people dying without being diagnosed not being included in the official numbers. That’s something you do see in a lot of nations. But those people aren’t included in the number of cases anyway.

The WHO have been closely monitoring Wuhan from an early stage, they'd have to be complicit in a cover up.  The numbers will be in the right ball field. Its not possible even in China to cover up tens of thousands of deaths imo. 

10 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Or a pizza shop in Walker. (Gemmill wouldn't have went in it). :lol:

You're fucking right I wouldn't! If they don't put raw basil on it when it comes out of the oven, I don't want to know.

• Haha 2

Thought I would have a small lie in this morning as I've been furloughed. Got a phone call from my line manager 15 minutes ago asking when some work would be finished.......errrr you tell me pal. I'm not fucking touching it. 

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Also, it’s widely accepted now that China have lied through their teeth about their number of deaths 

https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/wuhan-deaths-03272020182846.html

if you’re going to accuse the Chinese then you may as well include the UK in the accusation.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/44f4301e-b5f3-4434-a086-9a822ea72a71

28 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Thought I would have a small lie in this morning as I've been furloughed. Got a phone call from my line manager 15 minutes ago asking when some work would be finished.......errrr you tell me pal. I'm not fucking touching it. 

Report the cunt

33 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Yeah i'm pretty sure they are breaking the law if they furlough you then ask you to work. If he keeps on at you just tell him you don't want to put your furlough pay at risk. 

42 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Ask him to send an email next time

Feeling really pissed off. Just found out off the son in law his ex wife who we've  taken under our wing. They have 3 kids together she has one by her new partner. Essentially they're our step grandkids. Me, Mrs T & our kids  have been over to their house a few times they're a really lovely family. Anyway just over 3 weeks ago she went down to London for a few days. Last Thursday she told her new partner she wasn't feeling very well & very soon collapsed. The ambulance came & she was taken to hospital. She tested positive for Covid 19  from what I can gather things deteriorated & she was put in intensive care. On Monday just gone they took her off the ventilator but had to quickly put her back on. She only has 1 kidney as she was born like that. She's in a really bad way & we're all in shock. Normally we'd have gone over & helped with the kids obviously that cant happen. They're going to try her again off the ventilator this morning we've just got to wait & see. Its fucking shit she's 34 the nicest lass you'd ever meet do anything for the kids etc I feel so angry fuck you Corona virus. We are all gutted here. 

• Sad 9
  • Jaysus... 1

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Feeling really pissed off. Just found out off the son in law his ex wife who we've  taken under our wing. They have 3 kids together she has one by her new partner. Essentially they're our step grandkids. Me, Mrs T & our kids  have been over to their house a few times they're a really lovely family. Anyway just over 3 weeks ago she went down to London for a few days. Last Thursday she told her new partner she wasn't feeling very well & very soon collapsed. The ambulance came & she was taken to hospital. She tested positive for Covid 19  from what I can gather things deteriorated & she was put in intensive care. On Monday just gone they took her off the ventilator but had to quickly put her back on. She only has 1 kidney as she was born like that. She's in a really bad way & we're all in shock. Normally we'd have gone over & helped with the kids obviously that cant happen. They're going to try her again off the ventilator this morning we've just got to wait & see. Its fucking shit she's 34 the nicest lass you'd ever meet do anything for the kids etc I feel so angry fuck you Corona virus. We are all gutted here. 

sorry to hear that mate. wishing you all the best

The fact she was a given a trial without the ventilator, even though it was unsuccessful at this stage, might be a good sign trooper. She's young and young people have been better able to get through this. Fingers crossed for you.