Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

On 31/03/2020 at 17:16, Gemmill said:

Good point, I need my pacemaker replacing this year, so you cunts can stop in the house and shut your fucking gobs for the next 6 months. 

It's gonna get mental when we start doing the corona hokey cokey though. Imagine the first day they re open the pubs ffs. :lol:

Pacemaker appointment cancelled. :lol:

Letter received today. I rang the hospital - felt like a cunt doing it but basically said to the lass "I know you've got a lot on, so I'm sorry to be a dick, but this thing was reporting less than 6 months battery left in November.... 😬" 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Letter received today. I rang the hospital - felt like a cunt doing it but basically said to the lass "I know you've got a lot on, so I'm sorry to be a dick, but this thing was reporting less than 6 months battery left in November.... 😬" 

Time to sacrifice the Roomba for parts. It's what he would've wanted. 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

+1 :lol:

:lol: Fake news. That's her cousin. Her husband is the famous half Indian, half Geordie submariner, Gandeep......Gandeep Undawatta. :good:

They’ve got a relative who loves karaoke -  Gurupta Singh 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Fuckin hell that's mental.  Does it beep like a smoke alarm?

Seriously though, give PALS a call, they're great at getting things moving in the NHS.  No idea if they can do anything, but they should be able to get it confirmed if it was cancelled in error.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/nhs-services-and-treatments/what-is-pals-patient-advice-and-liaison-service/

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/other-services/Patient-advice-and-liaison-services-(PALS)/LocationSearch/363

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Fuckin hell that's mental.  Does it beep like a smoke alarm?

Seriously though, give PALS a call, they're great at getting things moving in the NHS.  No idea if they can do anything, but they should be able to get it confirmed if it was cancelled in error.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/nhs-services-and-treatments/what-is-pals-patient-advice-and-liaison-service/

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/other-services/Patient-advice-and-liaison-services-(PALS)/LocationSearch/363

Cheers Phil. The lass on the phone seemed to think that they would revisit all appointments next week and any considered urgent would be rescheduled to May (and she reckoned that would include mine). We'll see though! Any bother, I'll give this PALS lot a shout so thanks for that. 

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This is temporary. Those jobs haven’t gone, they’re largely just paused.

Not sure that will be true in the US, and we have no idea how long this will go on or be repeated. Demand for items like automobiles will be zero for years, perpetuating the problem. I think this is an epoch defining event bigger than anything that's happened before in modern times, including WW2, especially for the US. 2008 will look tiny in comparison. I'd be interested in an update in what the other so called accountant thinks. ;)

I'll add the peak there is apparently 6.6 million. Its already over 10 million. Many projections are for it to go up to 40 million. Capitalist countries can't handle this.