Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

27 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

:lol: Steady on.

Outdoor exercise will be banned within a day or two anyway and then this thread will be everyone's only outlet. That'll be fun.  :D

If it is, that will be the point that all goodwill goes out of the window and the general public starts ignoring the government. A couple of solicitors on twitter reckon the current state of play isn’t legally enforceable anyway. 

And if the fuckers literally want people locked in their houses 24/7 then they need to start putting something decent on telly. A movie at 8pm every night on all 5 terrestrial channels rather than reruns of Mrs Browns Boys would be a start 

• Haha 2

Not sure what I've said to deserve such stick like. I just dont think people should be driving for leisure. I'd fucking love to drive to the lakes and climb Hellvelyn. Not happening though. I also doubt anyone here isn't in walking distance of an nce, safe park?

Everybody needs to follow their conscience or obey the law I guess.I but then everyone is special. 

They’ve closed the car parks near all parks in my town. There’s a baseball field across the road from my block of flats, some huckle goes there and smokes a cigarette in the car park there (usually see him when I’m waking my dog around the field). So now it’s closed he just pulled up in the parking spot under my flats balcony with some horrific music blaring out his Audi and stood in the car park smoking, serial killer behavior this. The bloke needs to man up and own up to his other half that he smokes before I egg the weird cunt. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Because there's a difference between driving to your local park/open area for a socially distanced walk and driving to the lakes to climb a mountain. 

I know Gemmill but it's a fine line I guess. Anyway, the coast has been dead here as today, no pun intended,  so no problem really. More worried about May and June, we'll see. The rules aren't clear enough imo. 

I'm an occasional cyclist and had intended to get out on my bike now that the gym/pool is shut - probably starting next weekend. 

I'm a little paranoid in that in 25 years cycling as an adult I've only had a couple of minor scrapes none involving anything beyond first aid so now sod's law is trying to make my mind think I'm bound to crash and end up in hospital despite the roads being quieter. 

I hope I get over it and I think it would be a shame if they went too far and banned exercise. As others have said I think it might be the final straw for some in deciding to say fuck it and rebel. 

Yeah, I need to fix a dripping tap in my kitchen  but I'm a bit wary of even doing that....i reckon I can take the minimal increase in water bill for a few months. 

35 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I am actually going to go out for a ride tomorrow.  See how I feel.  I have been on the trainer at home, but gonna have a potter out for an hour.

you utter bastard 

• Haha 1