Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I know Boris Johnson has all the personality of a bin bag full of custard but I can’t understand people celebrating him being unwell. 

I mean, his work and the work of his friends and colleagues has made a considerable number of peoples lives actually worse, you know this, you spoke yourself often during the election about how many people have died due to Tory austerity, I get it.

As a person I don't really give a shit what happens to him tbh, but I can't imagine it will be great for the overall psyche of the country if he does die.

Who knows? Perhaps a near death experience will shock some humanity into him and we'll see a different man return to the office when he is better.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

I mean, his work and the work of his friends and colleagues has made a considerable number of peoples lives actually worse, you know this, you spoke yourself often during the election about how many people have died due to Tory austerity, I get it.

As a person I don't really give a shit what happens to him tbh, but I can't imagine it will be great for the overall psyche of the country if he does die.

Who knows? Perhaps a near death experience will shock some humanity into him and we'll see a different man return to the office when he is better.

Oh yeh I know he’s a piece of shit but I’ve got more to do with my time than nurse a stonk on because some tory is sick.

Plus like I said. You just get a worse Tory...

I can't stand the cunt but I sincerely hope he gets better so I can go back to actively detesting him. This has got to be a brutal way to die, drowning on dry land. You can't even be indifferent about someone having that, never mind wishing it on them.

Unless it's Trump. Fuck him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I can't stand the cunt but I sincerely hope he gets better so I can go back to actively detesting him. This has got to be a brutal way to die, drowning on dry land. You can't even be indifferent about someone having that, never mind wishing it on them.

Unless it's Trump. Fuck him. 

Aye,  Trump is my personal bar.

I understand that people on ventlators are sedated and completely unaware of their surroundings. The terror comes just before you're sedated. If you're in the know you will know you have less than fifty fifty chance of waking up. 

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I'd go with this tbh. 

I have no sympathy. I tried to, I know I should, but I just don't. He spent years fucking the country over to get to where he is, and now there's a sense of karma about the whole thing. I don't wish him dead, but I will not, on any level, shed a tear if he goes.

If that makes me a cunt, I don't care. That's what his shitshow Brexit project has reduced me too. I won't celebrate his passing if it comes to it, but I certainly won't give a single fuck.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

JHB proving that it's possible to be right AND to simultaneously need to just fuck right off. 

Aye, now they're all about personal compassion and empathy. :lol: 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye,  Trump is my personal bar.

I understand that people on ventlators are sedated and completely unaware of their surroundings. The terror comes just before you're sedated. If you're in the know you will know you have less than fifty fifty chance of waking up. 

As the person standing next to you as you’re anaesthetised, I can assure you that in the case of Covid you’re just grateful that someone else is going to do your breathing for you. I’m yet to see ‘terror’ so would be grateful if you’d calm the fuck down and stop presuming things based on no experience whatsoever. 

• Like 3

Just now, ewerk said:

And here ends Renton’s reign as the board’s medical expert.

I’m no expert. I can’t dig out the right graphs, or forecasts, or numbers, or theories, or projections or possibilities. I can just give you the reality of the day-to-day. Where patients are people and not statistics. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, catmag said:

As the person standing next to you as you’re anaesthetised, I can assure you that in the case of Covid you’re just grateful that someone else is going to do your breathing for you. I’m yet to see ‘terror’ so would be grateful if you’d calm the fuck down and stop presuming things based on no experience whatsoever. 

This was pretty much verbatim from an ICU consultant on R5 interviewed 2 nights ago. I personally found it more reassuring that the talk some people have made about drowning in pulmonary fluid. I've said before i find the humanity of front line staff pretty awe inspiring and i know they will do everything possible to comfort their patients in their hour of need. You have my upmost respect. 

My step brother is an infectious diseases consultant, very much on the front line right now.  I’m no expert either but the thing that stuck with me that he told me was being hospitalised 10+ days into the virus is a very bad sign and other than genetics, BMI is a big indicator.