Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I would love to think that this is the point that this country turns its back on Premier League football, but I know that first game back the drones will descend on grounds all round the country. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I would love to think that this is the point that this country turns its back on Premier League football, but I know that first game back the drones will descend on grounds all round the country. 

Alreet Marra. ;)

Bloke at the top of my street succumbed to the virus last night. 
I wanted to let his wife know we were thinking of her, but obviously didn’t want to get too close, since she’s probably got it too. ( brutal reality right there). 
So I knocked on the door then moved back down the path, and as she opened the door I looked at her and said,

“ Plethora”

She said, “ Thanks , that means a lot.”

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I wanted to let his wife know we were thinking of her, but obviously didn’t want to get too close, since she’s probably got it too. ( brutal reality right there). 
So I knocked on the door then moved back down the path, and as she opened the door I looked at her and said,

“ Plethora”

Get out man :lol:

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“ Plethora”

Shame GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“ Plethora”

Danny Devito No GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 4

https://www.lastampa.it/topnews/primo-piano/2020/04/02/news/coronavirus-castiglione-d-adda-e-un-caso-di-studio-il-70-dei-donatori-di-sangue-e-positivo-1.38666481

In the original red zone in Lodi, Italy, 40 out of 60 blood donors had covid-antibodies in their blood, and all of these people had been asymptomatic. I can't read the entire article, but that's what I gathered from the first sentences. I hope that more and more (bigger) samples will show that the percentage of the population having had the disease is far, far higher than the number of positive cases. Not 65%, obviously, but maybe 5-15% in W-European countries?

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Last I heard there was going to be one in Washington or Gateshead. If it's been knocked on the head it's likely because they think the hospitals in the NE can cope with the demand. 

Latest evidence suggests older Asian's might be at a higher risk from COVID (see the list of Dr's who've died so far) so they may be expecting some of the Yorkshire cities to be harder hit?