Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Apologies if this has already been posted. I'm almost sure it will have been since the article is over a week old but i couldn't believe I hadn't seen it.

Operation Cygnus - a 2016 government pandemic testing drill which revealed that the NHS was woefully underprepared, that we would run out of ventilators, would have insufficient PPE, and that people would ignore government warnings. The government refused to publish it because it was "too terrifying" and then apparently failed to act on it whatsoever. At what point has the government actually committed some kind of crime - and I appreciate that the report is pre-Johnson, but seriously, whoever didn't act on this report has absolutely killed people through negligence.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/28/exercise-cygnus-uncovered-pandemic-warnings-buried-government/

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Apologies if this has already been posted. I'm almost sure it will have been since the article is over a week old but i couldn't believe I hadn't seen it.

Operation Cygnus - a 2016 government pandemic testing drill which revealed that the NHS was woefully underprepared, that we would run out of ventilators, would have insufficient PPE, and that people would ignore government warnings. The government refused to publish it because it was "too terrifying" and then apparently failed to act on it whatsoever. At what point has the government actually committed some kind of crime - and I appreciate that the report is pre-Johnson, but seriously, whoever didn't act on this report has absolutely killed people through negligence.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/28/exercise-cygnus-uncovered-pandemic-warnings-buried-government/

Don’t worry, it’ll get buried come election time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Aye saw this a while ago. The thing is as well, you just know that the Germans did a similar thing, but actually decided to plug all the gaps in their processes. Now they're testing a million a week while we're still making promises to get theee eventually. Imagine what it would be like to live in a country with a competent government ffs. 

• Like 1

We’ve been lucky it’s COVID, which isn’t airborne, has a fairly low fatality rate and can be protected against using masks and gloves. 

If the Congo’s Ebola outbreak had travelled we would have been fucked. 90% fatality rate and our PPE shortages would have been catastrophic. The vast majority of nurses and doctors would have abandoned ship I reckon 

This needs to be a serious wakeup call for the funding of the NHS, infection controls and the welfare system amongst other things 

• Like 1

After weeks of speculation, NHS England will today confirm the opening of a new Nightingale hospital to treat Covid-19 patients from across the north-east of England.

Work has been under way to transform a building at the Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Advanced Manufacturing near the Nissan car plant in Sunderland. The project has been managed by the Newcastle Hospitals health trust.

I understand up to 500 beds will be on the site for a range of patients suffering from coronavirus, including those on ventilators who need the highest level of critical care.

The north-east of England has been behind London when it comes to the spread of the virus, but health experts have warned this week that the region is on the “edge of the pandemic” and hospitals are rapidly starting to see more patients - and more deaths.

The South Tyneside and Sunderland health trust alone has now reported more than 100 deaths.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

But it won't be.

Was it Tony Benn that said something about change.  If people want it, they'll have to fight for it.

Let's be honest, once the dust has settled, it will all go back to fucking normal.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fuckin mags avvunt gorra nightingale ospital marras. 

As if it’s not bad enough having Corona virus, we’re all going to die in a fucking shed in sunderland. 

These are the End Times :lol:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We’ve been lucky it’s COVID, which isn’t airborne, has a fairly low fatality rate and can be protected against using masks and gloves. 

If the Congo’s Ebola outbreak had travelled we would have been fucked. 90% fatality rate and our PPE shortages would have been catastrophic. The vast majority of nurses and doctors would have abandoned ship I reckon 

This needs to be a serious wakeup call for the funding of the NHS, infection controls and the welfare system amongst other things 

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-3d-model-reveals-how-covid-19-can-spread-in-supermarket-11971373

This is a bit scary! 

17 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

As if it’s not bad enough having Corona virus, we’re all going to die in a fucking shed in sunderland. 

These are the End Times :lol:

I knew shit had got real when the Sunderland air show was cancelled. Scary times. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve found several apps that can tell you how to get to hospital, for a very reasonable monthly subscription. 

Yuzacar or Gettabus are mint.

£7.99 a month. :good:

:lol::lol:

In these times of busy schedules and hectic lives it's great to not have to worry about stuff like decisions about what to do in the morning when you get up? Thanks to a groundbreaking IT app I've developed called 'Onebornev'ryminitt', you don't have to worry about a thing. At a competitive £4.99 a month it'll direct you to sites such as 'Scrachyaballs', 'Havvapiss' or even 'Maykacuppa'. 

Onebornev'ryminitt - Making the decisions so you don't have to. :good:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Lads just to put your minds at rest, the champ has got his pacemaker appointment in for next week now. Perfect time for a hospital visit, should be absolutely fine. 

How the chuff do they do that?

Do they have to open you up?