Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

For a period in the 90s every track released had an obscure sample. Obviously the more obscure the better :D I loved a bit of trance like but I found a lot of that specific goa / psychedelic stuff boring. LSD by Hallucinogen being a notable exception. 

both the hallucinogen albums were good, twisted and lone deranger. posford had his finger in a load of pies during the early days psy/goa trance. well worth a listen to is hallucinogen in dub, remixed by OTT.

psy girls were by far the minxiest  of the party chicks, although I'd concede you were less likely to get hair wildlife with the drum&bass girls than you were with hippy hugs!  ;)

Edited by thebrokendoll

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Sounds canny...what was rock climbing like when you were full of Moroccan? :lol:

When you were climbing within your comfort zone/ability it was  incredible after a little herbal- all the climbing in Southern France is bolted, so as long as you clip the bolts, it’s safe as houses. 
When you pushed the boat out and tried something above your ability, it was generally very intense, ( not usually detrimentally so, just made you focused as fuck), or, you’d just say “Fuck it, let’s go to the Cafe” 😂

• Haha 1

I should add, my experience of being stoned where I was living was very different to the usual sitting in your mate’s bedsit freaking out to Zappa 😂

I was never indoors- the only time you were was going to the shitter. 
Getting stoned often involved nighttime canoeing, going on “boar hunts” armed with paddles, which was basically a bunch of giggling idiots stumbling through the bondou and freaking out at the slightest sound of a wild pig, or, after the wine kicked in, lying around the fire staring at the stars and talking bollocks, ( which is actually pretty close to my initial statement :lol:)

My point being, we were used to doing fairly active shit when we were off our nut. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Well that’s hospital only numbers. God only

knows how many nursing home deaths you can add to that 

Aye. It’s fucking horrible. How’s work been for you? 

This article billiantly summarises the rank incompetence of the government that has led us to having the highest death rate per capita in the entire world really well. It's a fucking national disgrace and a tragedy. So many bits to choose from, this probably sums it up.

When I first heard about this, I could not believe it… my colleagues here in the US… assumed that reports of the UK policy were satire”, notes William Hanage, a professor of the evolution and epidemiology of infectious disease at Harvard University, 

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/11/a-national-scandal-a-timeline-of-the-uk-governments-woeful-response-to-the-coronavirus-crisis/?fbclid=IwAR0nlnGbgt8zSKmm82HYaDbdMGzhtr8XPNILbyM5T1NgQXXai7CMz-yauh8

The government's actions should never be forgotten or forgiven. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I should add, my experience of being stoned where I was living was very different to the usual sitting in your mate’s bedsit freaking out to Zappa 😂

I was never indoors- the only time you were was going to the shitter. 
Getting stoned often involved nighttime canoeing, going on “boar hunts” armed with paddles, which was basically a bunch of giggling idiots stumbling through the bondou and freaking out at the slightest sound of a wild pig, or, after the wine kicked in, lying around the fire staring at the stars and talking bollocks, ( which is actually pretty close to my initial statement :lol:)

My point being, we were used to doing fairly active shit when we were off our nut. 

I'm jealous as fuck about your past bohemian rock climbing life if I'm honest. :smoke-1:

Known a few people who did this well into their 40s. Read loads of books by the likes of Joe Simpson etc. I never had the opportunity or the courage of truth be told. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Didn’t some of the climbers in Yosemite in the late 60s do LSD whilst free climbing? Fuck. That. Shit. 

Oh aye, 😂
There’s a fantastic documentary on Netflix about the history of Yosemite climbing. 
The 60s and 70s are particularly mental. 

There’s a proper mentalist lives in North Wales called John Redhead, did some of the most extreme climbing in Britain in the 80s and 90s, was fond of a drop of Lysergic 😂

redhead4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

Hancock asked about why we are on course for the worst outcomes in Europe  (its predicted the UK will account for 40% of the continental total). He has literally deflected the blame onto the public ffs. 

• Jaysus... 4

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm jealous as fuck about your past bohemian rock climbing life if I'm honest. :smoke-1:

Known a few people who did this well into their 40s. Read loads of books by the likes of Joe Simpson etc. I never had the opportunity or the courage of truth be told. 

It had its downsides… aside from the carefree life, quality drugs, filthy women, great travel and magnificent climbing it afforded, money was tight. :lol:

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hancock asked about why we are on course for the worst outcomes in Europe  (its predicted the UK will account for 40% of the continental total). He has literally deflected the blame onto the public ffs. 

That'll work with the Daily Mail readers though. "Benefit scroungers, immigrants, millenials and remainers all got together to collectively flout the lockdown" a source says.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/12/revealed-value-of-uk-pandemic-stockpile-fell-by-40-in-six-years

40% reduction in PPE stockpiles in the 6 years leading up to the pandemic. Nothing surprising here of course, but idk, felt worth mentioning.

Nah, there’s plenty if you know how to use it properly 

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Nah, there’s plenty if you know how to use it properly 

Absolutely, if anything, that extra 40% would have slowed our response down. Hospital staff wouldn't have been able to move for it getting in the way.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Johnson is out of hospital but not returning to work yet.

The nation breathes again! © Nadine Dorries

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It had its downsides… aside from the carefree life, quality drugs, filthy women, great travel and magnificent climbing it afforded, money was tight. :lol:

Money was tight for me too but I was living in my mam and dad's house in Walker hoping I had enough for to go out for a few pints now and then. I prefer your version. :lol:

• Haha 2

Hancock was full of shit as usual but I found the contact tracing app for NHS staff interesting - at least some fucker is thinking in the right direction. 

"All" we need now is its general release and the ability to match Germany on testing. 

45 minutes ago, NJS said:

Hancock was full of shit as usual but I found the contact tracing app for NHS staff interesting - at least some fucker is thinking in the right direction. 

"All" we need now is its general release and the ability to match Germany on testing. 

Wouldn’t the app need access to your GPS location 24/7?