Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I'll be honest I've not clapped fucking once. It's an empty gesture. A total fucking charade. Done so the Tory cunts can feel better about themselves. I did my clapping at the voting booth (Well my postal vote) 

• Like 3

I can’t hear any clapping where I’m at as the servants’ quarters are too far away but plenty of fireworks going off round here.

If people want to do it then fair enough as long as they’re doing no harm. Hopefully they’ll remember how much they love the NHS next time it comes to vote.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I'll be honest I've not clapped fucking once. It's an empty gesture. A total fucking charade. Done so the Tory cunts can feel better about themselves. I did my clapping at the voting booth (Well my postal vote) 

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

I don't agree with that view but I absolutely understand it. Probably makes a big difference where you live/who your neighbours are too.

I’m usually a proper cynical bastard when it comes to outbreaks of public emotion, but I’ve been out clapping every time ( it helps that my 9yr old is there welting the fuck out of a saucepan with a wooden spoon). 
Every time, a few more of the neighbours have had a little chat afterwards, always along the lines of “fuck Johnson and his cunt party”. 
My sister-in-law is an A&E nurse, she’s been in tears every time she’s heard it, so I’ll keep on, although next week I’m thinking of wearing Arab headgear :lol:

But aye, if you clap, make sure you don’t vote Tory next time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m usually a proper cynical bastard when it comes to outbreaks of public emotion, but I’ve been out clapping every time ( it helps that my 9yr old is there welting the fuck out of a saucepan with a wooden spoon). 
Every time, a few more of the neighbours have had a little chat afterwards, always along the lines of “fuck Johnson and his cunt party”. 
My sister-in-law is an A&E nurse, she’s been in tears every time she’s heard it, so I’ll keep on, although next week I’m thinking of wearing Arab headgear :lol:

But aye, if you clap, make sure you don’t vote Tory next time. 

I think if I had kids I would be different for sure.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Meenzer said:

:good: Totally get this. I've kind of gone the opposite way, in that this thread is almost the only thing I read about the virus - I figure anything important will get mentioned here, so there's no need to be constantly refreshing news sources and driving myself mad that way.

No pressure like, fellas. :lol: 

+1 :lol:

If anybody is looking to kill a bit of time in the next few weeks (or months) i've published a quiz book about the club with questions from this century. The questions vary in difficulty so it's not too easy and hopefully not too challenging either. Here's the link (there's also a kindle version available).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quiz-Newcastle-United-Football-Century/dp/1709042346/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=newcastle+united+21st+century&qid=1587129798&sr=8-1

7 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

This is fucking well said tbf.

• Like 1

I see they are now saying staff should reuse single use PPE where there are shortages. Less than a week after claiming there wasn’t a shortage of PPE (as long as it was used ‘correctly’). 

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

I see they are now saying staff should reuse single use PPE where there are shortages. Less than a week after claiming there wasn’t a shortage of PPE (as long as it was used ‘correctly’). 

You honestly couldn’t make it up. 

Fucking incompetent cunts. 

And that’s in hospitals. Fuck knows what it’s like in care homes. Community nurses exposed too. They’re just stats to Johnson, Hancock et al 

15 hours ago, Meenzer said:

I don't agree with that view but I absolutely understand it. Probably makes a big difference where you live/who your neighbours are too.

I don’t clap. I just walk into the street and accept the adulation 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a18f992b6fafcc863bc

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Haha 6

I think around 3% is the best guess at the moment but no one really knows because there are so many cases in the community that go unreported so it could well be lower than that.