Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Mind the guidelines are fucking ridiculous. Almost inviting the selfish cunts to take the piss. Like, as on BBC news just now where apparently the amount of time you drive shouldn’t exceed the amount of time you exercise. So theoretically I could drive to the lakes and go for a four hour walk. I wouldn’t but you know people will be and will be citing the guidance. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Isn't it in an old Nissan warehouse in Washington? 🤔

No, it’s a new warehouse built next to the Nissan site. Hadn’t been converted into anything yet so was a much easier shopfit than some of the other hospitals 

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

Mind the guidelines are fucking ridiculous. Almost inviting the selfish cunts to take the piss. Like, as on BBC news just now where apparently the amount of time you drive shouldn’t exceed the amount of time you exercise. So theoretically I could drive to the lakes and go for a four hour walk. I wouldn’t but you know people will be and will be citing the guidance. 

It's like they actually want people to be out. Like a herd one would say

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

It's like they actually want people to be out. Like a herd one would say

Tbh I’m cynical as fuck but I think the government are just clueless 

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

I understand that people get pleasure in walking in spectacular scenery but is asking them to walk around the block a couple of times instead for a few months to save lives too much? 

I think there's a being a smartarse angle to this drive to exercise thing. 

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Why the fuck are business driving this?  Surly they have had the nod from Boris?

I think that's exactly what's happened here. It's a light relaxation to see what happens to the numbers. The government will be behind it, and businesses that are hurting are not about to say no. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I think that's exactly what's happened here. It's a light relaxation to see what happens to the numbers. The government will be behind it, and businesses that are hurting are not about to say no. 

I was thinking the same.  Fingers crossed eh?

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

I understand that people get pleasure in walking in spectacular scenery but is asking them to walk around the block a couple of times instead for a few months to save lives too much? 

I think there's a being a smartarse angle to this drive to exercise thing. 

Absolutely, I would love to go to the lakes but it’s a cunt’s trick. Of course this is where some of the other cuts - like policing - are coming home to roost 

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

Absolutely, I would love to go to the lakes but it’s a cunt’s trick. Of course this is where some of the other cuts - like policing - are coming home to roost 

That's the thing.  They contradicting themselves so much.  All the National Parks are officially shut.  Yorkshire Dales are still saying don't visit and their car parks are shut.  North Yorks Police issued fines at the weekend for people being at Malham.

BTW @Monkeys Fisthave you ever climbed there?

I’ll tell you what though, this is where being a proper unsociable bastard comes into its own 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ll tell you what though, this is where being a proper unsociable bastard comes into its own 

Ah man I am in my fucking element. If it wasn't for the nagging concern that I might be unemployed in a couple of months (and everyone dying), this would be the greatest period of my life since I was at uni. 

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ah man I am in my fucking element. If it wasn't for the nagging concern that I might be unemployed in a couple of months (and everyone dying), this would be the greatest period of my life since I was at uni. 

Me and my lass were saying how good this would be if we didn’t have kids :lol: I’m quite enjoying it anyway tbh. I’m working like but you can’t have everything I suppose 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

That's the thing.  They contradicting themselves so much.  All the National Parks are officially shut.  Yorkshire Dales are still saying don't visit and their car parks are shut.  North Yorks Police issued fines at the weekend for people being at Malham.

BTW @Monkeys Fisthave you ever climbed there?

Never did mate- full of Yorkshire cunts :lol:*

My main stomping grounds were Northumberland, Lakes and Snowdonia, bit of ice in Scotland. 

(* truth is, the above areas were easier to get to without owning a car than most of the Yorkshire crags, particularly the limestone.)

54 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Kids, work, and family next door are ruining it for me like. Then the loss of every cultural and culinary outlet going at the same time and it's pretty shit. My anxiety is at least improving because I'm in a routine, but what a fucking shit routine this is. Honestly fucking sick of it. I might be losing my role shortly and honestly just pray for redundancy, but I'll just be redeployed, again. 

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Never did mate- full of Yorkshire cunts :lol:*

My main stomping grounds were Northumberland, Lakes and Snowdonia, bit of ice in Scotland. 

(* truth is, the above areas were easier to get to without owning a car than most of the Yorkshire crags, particularly the limestone.)

Whenever I'm riding in the Dale's I like to stop off there or Kilnsey and watch the climbers on it. When I did some climbing at Leeds Wall the guy who taught me set several of the routes at Kilnsey. Superb. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Whenever I'm riding in the Dale's I like to stop off there or Kilnsey and watch the climbers on it. When I did some climbing at Leeds Wall the guy who taught me set several of the routes at Kilnsey. Superb. 

What’s his name? Wasn’t John Dunne was it? 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Kids, work, and family next door are ruining it for me like. Then the loss of every cultural and culinary outlet going at the same time and it's pretty shit. My anxiety is at least improving because I'm in a routine, but what a fucking shit routine this is. Honestly fucking sick of it. I might be losing my role shortly and honestly just pray for redundancy, but I'll just be redeployed, again. 

Aye. I already had the solitary homeworker lifestyle sorted. It worked because I could go out and do things occasionally. :lol: 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Our local Indian has gone...they were doing takeaway a month ago 😞

Ours shut for a little while but then returned with curbside pickup. First night they did it was a disaster - queue of cars down the street. A furtive little head popping out the door every now and again looking increasingly concerned. :lol:

• Haha 1