Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

:good:

Going to try again tomorrow, seems the IKEA site is NHS Community staff only. 

I have no idea where our other sites are- it may well be that the nearest one is actually with the haggis bashers. 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

My lass reckons there's a testing centre at St Nicks in Gosforth btw.

Edit that might only be for NHS staff. 

I noticed a big tent outside the other day when I drove past. I thought, 'Wedding season?'

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

My lass reckons there's a testing centre at St Nicks in Gosforth btw.

Edit that might only be for NHS staff. 

NHS staff only. And even then you have to either be symptomatic or self isolating.

Me and the wife are in A&E every day and neither of us have had a test yet 

If you're NHS you can get yourself and all your household tested if one of you becomes symptomatic. Can at NuTH anyway, might not be true of other trusts. 

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

NHS staff only. And even then you have to either be symptomatic or self isolating.

Me and the wife are in A&E every day and neither of us have had a test yet 

That's what I don't get - they're genuinely asking people with virus symptoms which apart from the cough and fever will probably include feeling like shit - to drive what could be quite long distances for a test. 

I've read that the tests are awkward and unpleasant given they need a tonsil swab so home testing is problematic as well but they turned down an American company who offered thousands of saliva based tests with a supposedly high accuracy rate. 

It's just incompetence all over the place. 

15 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve spent the last 24hrs coughing my lungs inside out- rang 111 to see about getting tested (mainly due to my wife’s key worker status), and following two telephone interviews with two different doctors, one doesn’t think I have it, one does. :lol:
On their advice, we tried to arrange to get the entire family tested- Mrs. F, me and the 12 & 9 yr olds.…

… Can’t arrange tests for under 18s online. 

Went on with the attempt, and the nearest testing centre available to us, in Forest Hall, North Tyneside is… any guesses? 

Reveal hidden contents

Fucking Galashiels :lol:

How are you feeling today ?  

I hope cough has gone and you are ok.  

• Like 1

Hope all is well Fist :good:

Galashiels is a fuckin shithole populated by utter cunts.  It was the last town in Scotland to get inside toilets; to this day the absolute worst thing you can call one of them is a “fuckin pailmerk” ie pointing out to the scruffy bastards that they still have “the mark of the pail” (bucket) on their arses because that’s what they used as a toilet till relatively recently. We got beaten up in first year of high school when we played rugby there by their 6th formers who were waiting for us in the changing room. The test centre is at Netherdale, adjacent to the rugby ground where visiting fans are often heard shouting “DIRTY GALA!!” at the home team & their disgusting followers. 

Apart from all that, it’s ok...

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Hope all is well Fist :good:

Galashiels is a fuckin shithole populated by utter cunts.  It was the last town in Scotland to get inside toilets; to this day the absolute worst thing you can call one of them is a “fuckin pailmerk” ie pointing out to the scruffy bastards that they still have “the mark of the pail” (bucket) on their arses because that’s what they used as a toilet till relatively recently. We got beaten up in first year of high school when we played rugby there by their 6th formers who were waiting for us in the changing room. The test centre is at Netherdale, adjacent to the rugby ground where visiting fans are often heard shouting “DIRTY GALA!!” at the home team & their disgusting followers. 

Apart from all that, it’s ok...

And their football team is called Fairydean :gay: 

• Haha 3

It’s absolutely incredible that he displayed the unique fighting spirit to be one of 97% or so who have survived. 

• Haha 4

My Mrs has had a persistent sore throat and because of the industry she works in felt it necessary to get tested, she registered on a website and went and got the test done about 20 min drive from where we are (Sydney, Aus). She could have just rocked up and got it done too, without pre-booking. Video consult with a Dr, then they conducted the test. Two days later had the result (prognosis negative). 

They've since opened an additional drive-thru testing centre that's 10 minutes drive away.

We've got fewer than 7,000 recorded cases and 95 deaths a bit under half the population (45%). I've been following this thread closely, the incompetence from your government is jaw-dropping and in many ways heart breaking. Many here feel like our government was slow to act and that they have made multiple mistakes along the way, but comparatively looking only at COVID-19 handling we've got it good.

• Like 4

Cheer for the good wishes lads. 

Still coughing like a miner on the Woodbines, but otherwise fine- it’s fucking exhausting coughing this much, mind, so I’m a bit zombied. 

Cheers @PaddockLad for the Friendly Planet guide to Galashiels :lol:  I won’t be needing it though, because am I fuck driving to the middle last century for a test.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What’s with pebble-dashed houses up there? You barely see one then you cross the border and they’re fucking everywhere

• Haha 1

I’ve never seen more Pampas grass in the 21st century than around Linlithgow ,Falkirk and Stirling. 
They must be hammering each other’s missus’ like it’s 1972. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ant said:

Doll over the road from us had a good weekend, tagging herself at the forest park 20miles away with her two sisters and pics of thier kids all posing together, three different household, madness.

My aunts ma was taken into hospital and tested positive, 80 and hasn't had anyone in/out/near the house since March 16th, just tesco home deliveries /postman to the door. Kind of glad I've been melting my head wiping down every grocery packet that came into the house now

Hope she’s ok, mate.

It’s not even just stuff like that though (which is obviously selfish as fuck). I was at Asda the other day and there was a couple in there (in their 60s at a guess). They had so little stuff they didn’t even have a basket. Completely unnecessary trip and equally unnecessary for them both to be in the shop. People just don’t seem to be able to get their heads round it. There’s three people I know really well who’ve lost relatives due to this 

Went for our usual walk on Saturday, but earlier/later than normal, about midday. Lots of people out, fair dos, they were just doing the same as us. Two lads in their twenties approached, we stopped but couldn’t go into road because of traffic. They continued to get closer when one of them gobbed on to the pavement about six feet away from us, before they walked past within a couple of feet of us :glare:

This comes after I was wandering down towards my gaff with headphones in a couple of weeks ago and two grey tracksuit wearing twats cycled past me on the pavement. I was listening to the most recent tome in the Trainspotting series of novels and suddenly I was giving it my best Begbie; “FUCKIN TWO METRES YOU CUNTS!” :lol: which I immediately regretted as they stopped up ahead and started staring at me... I crossed the road and carried on, still half a mile from home...they circled in the road up ahead, then disappeared over the brow of the hill...I got up there and they were stopped chatting to some other cunt, by this time I was on the lookout for bits of wood or even a fuckin traffic cone to use as weapons.. I passed them on the other side of the road again, thinking if this was where it would all end, and  I hadn’t even seen who the Saudi’s marquee signing would be....eventually they passed again, but didn’t look back, shooting through the red lights at the cross roads at the bottom of the hill... I’m never listening to a fuckin Irvine Welsh novel again...

• Haha 7

It was very busy out where I was yesterday.  But they all seemed to be social distancing.  There's going to be the odd exception.  My neighbour had a mate around on Saturday night for a couple of hours.

They need to sort this tracing shit out ASAP really.