Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

44 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Some wife I've never seen was putting these up in the street today...Tory boy recruitment consultant across the road has already been across saying he thinks it's an absolutely fuckin wizard idea :glare:

Tbf, I do feel slightly patriotic about VE day, it means far more than any of the bullshit to do with the Royals, I just object to being forced to spend time with a plethora of Tory cunts..

IMG_20200504_164157~2.jpg

Jesus Christ

:lol:

My street are doing a VE street party too, but not with an itinerary. I've already made my excuses, quite tricky during lock down. 

I do completely appreciate the sacrifice that generation made, but that includes all nationalities, but honestly, how many of the original generation are still around? None on my street, it's all boomers or the next generation down like me. In my experience the ones that fought dont like celebrating stuff like this. My wife's grandad, died at 101 a couple of years ago, never did. Now with the rise of nationalism and isolationism, personified by Brexit, no way am I celebrating this shit with the boomers. We didn't learn the lesson  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Jesus Christ

My street are doing a VE street party too, but not with an itinerary. I've already made my excuses, quite tricky during lock down. 

I do completely appreciate the sacrifice that generation made, but that includes all nationalities, but honestly, how many of the original generation are still around? None on my street, it's all boomers or the next generation down like me. In my experience the ones that fought dont like celebrating stuff like this. My wife's grandad, died at 101 a couple of years ago, never did. Now with the rise of nationalism and isolationism, personified by Brexit, no way am I celebrating this shit with the boomers. We didn't learn the lesson  

OK boomer.

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Jesus Christ

All of the Brexit war bravado was based on bullshit - anyone under 85 talking about it was full of shit. 

Interestingly I did see some polling that suggested people over 85 were more EU sympathetic than the post war warriors. 

There was a leaflet in my letterbox this morning mooting some kind of party but I binned it without reading the details. 

8 hours ago, Renton said:

so something has to give. 

The soles of your shoes, I reckon. Walking up the central reservation on the Coast Road, humming the theme from The Littlest Hobo. :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Yeah, I’m pretty much worried about the same stuff, however I’m also trying to get even slimmer, just in case.

Im just praying they let us start driving out for a bit of empty countryside. 

Taking the metal detector? 

Daft cunt next door to me gets out every week braying a saucepan with his wife and kid, then the very next day has people round for his birthday. You're in your 30s, you cunt, can you not miss a fucking birthday party? Fanny. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ant said:

Just since the cycling to work/commuting got mentioned figured it'd be worth mentioning. 

The app we've had to develop has something towards the climate change impact built in to it. 

Can't post the maps etc yet till they're made available, but around half of my dept have give us the additional details in the last week we wanted so far  (home district/area code) 

Based on that along with the numbers we know are working from home etc and where they're based and ramping it up to the full dept. 

For 35 days of lockdown we've currently cut roughly 2million miles of commuting, which is around 1100 tonnes of co2 (and to balance it out it would need 1100 trees over 40yrs to absorb it) 

Maps makes it more interesting when it's broken down by area and density around office locations etc

Is this the government tracing app? 

Got to say, seeing as we’ve got a vote leave government and knowing what they did with data during two elections and that it’s still headed up by Dominic fuckin Cummings, am not overly keen on adding it to my home screen tbh :cuppa:

2 hours ago, Ant said:

Just since the cycling to work/commuting got mentioned figured it'd be worth mentioning. 

The app we've had to develop has something towards the climate change impact built in to it. 

Can't post the maps etc yet till they're made available, but around half of my dept have give us the additional details in the last week we wanted so far  (home district/area code) 

Based on that along with the numbers we know are working from home etc and where they're based and ramping it up to the full dept. 

For 35 days of lockdown we've currently cut roughly 2million miles of commuting, which is around 1100 tonnes of co2 (and to balance it out it would need 1100 trees over 40yrs to absorb it) 

Maps makes it more interesting when it's broken down by area and density around office locations etc

That's mental. I've been wondering about the climate impact. One good thing to come out of this could be the planet getting a massive breather. Plus all the board games I've learned obviously. 

our neighbours just told us they plan to start work on a single story rear extension, which involves knocking down and rebuilding our party wall. 

i wouldn't normally have a problem with this sort of thing. i live in la terraced house in london, people extend their houses all the time, fair game. i don't want to fall out with them and never thought i would act the cunt in this type of scenario (we have had long noisy building work done on our house so it's swings and roundabouts and in normal times we would happily accept it)

but they reckon they want to start work in july, which just seems insane, given the social distancing measures will almost certainly still be in place. we may still be in some form of lockdown and i suspect at the least we will be working from home. we certainly won't be able to travel anywhere to escape the noise and mess. our plan was to "holiday" in our back garden in august. how can we do that with builders/dust/noise? it just seems a crazy time to make a highly tense and unusual situation even more stressful.

they want the work completed by september, when they have a baby due, which is why they're keen to crack on. we're reasonably friendly with them and don't want to fall out but i have genuinely no idea how to play it. i know we have the power to delay it because they need the party wall agreement before knocking it down and trespassing in our property but never thought i would act the cunt like this.  

2 hours ago, Ant said:

Ant, is that the whole of the UK? 

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

our neighbours just told us they plan to start work on a single story rear extension, which involves knocking down and rebuilding our party wall. 

i wouldn't normally have a problem with this sort of thing. i live in la terraced house in london, people extend their houses all the time, fair game. i don't want to fall out with them and never thought i would act the cunt in this type of scenario (we have had long noisy building work done on our house so it's swings and roundabouts and in normal times we would happily accept it)

but they reckon they want to start work in july, which just seems insane, given the social distancing measures will almost certainly still be in place. we may still be in some form of lockdown and i suspect at the least we will be working from home. we certainly won't be able to travel anywhere to escape the noise and mess. our plan was to "holiday" in our back garden in august. how can we do that with builders/dust/noise? it just seems a crazy time to make a highly tense and unusual situation even more stressful.

they want the work completed by september, when they have a baby due, which is why they're keen to crack on. we're reasonably friendly with them and don't want to fall out but i have genuinely no idea how to play it. i know we have the power to delay it because they need the party wall agreement before knocking it down and trespassing in our property but never thought i would act the cunt like this.  

I don't think you're acting the cunt at all. When you are forced to wfh and staycation, this is a completely inappropriate imposition on you. You could do without the stress of blocking this, let alone suffering it.

Meet (2m apart) and discuss your concerns, try to get them to voluntarily delay. The fact they are having a baby is also irrelevant imo. I can also almost guarantee this will not be done by September. My building work started last June and I can't get it signed off from building regs in the current climate. There will be inevitable delays. 

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ant, is that the whole of the UK? 

It's for his department. I thought you were a so called accountant? 2 million miles reduction in commute is hardly significant set against a back drop of 30 million commuters, is it? :razz:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's for his department. I thought you were a so called accountant? 2 million miles reduction in commute is hardly significant set against a back drop of 30 million commuters, is it? :razz:

Get your fucking Five Rider and shut your fucking face, metro boy! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Renton said:

I don't think you're acting the cunt at all. When you are forced to wfh and staycation, this is a completely inappropriate imposition on you. You could do without the stress of blocking this, let alone suffering it.

Meet (2m apart) and discuss your concerns, try to get them to voluntarily delay. The fact they are having a baby is also irrelevant imo. I can also almost guarantee this will not be done by September. My building work started last June and I can't get it signed off from building regs in the current climate. There will be inevitable delays. 

i feel kind of sorry for them. good to hear we're not being unreasonable. we just had a chat with them over the garden fence and tried to be up front about our reservations. to be fair to them, they were understanding and said they feel bad bring this forward now - though not so bad that they will halt proceedings. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

They reckon they're going to cut the furlough subsidy to 60% in June to "ease" people back to work  - in other words force people to go back whether it's safe or not. 

So much for tories getting less cuntish (not that I ever believed that). 

• Like 3

You’d have to be fucking nuts to go on a cruise so I expect loads of people will pile onto these ships the moment they get a chance