Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, NJS said:

"Citizen of nowhere". 

Exactly. Nothing has made me feel less welcome in my own country than THE ACTUAL PRIME MINISTER saying this. She can fuck right off.

Just now, Meenzer said:

I think it's a reasonable interpretation of the guidance and I guess that's what the original post was driving at. Assuming he wasn't suggesting that we've all driven to see our married lover at some point. :lol:

I've also let my gardener in through the back door. Ooh err missus etc. 

13 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Blatantly been to a brothel iyam

supporting the local economy in a time of national crisis. anyone who says they haven't done the same is lying 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Opposition  deputy health sec who is also an A&E consultant in the constituency where she was born and bred & represents gets to ask questions about the governments performance on Covid 19..second clip is more instructive as it gives full question and Hancock’s  scarcely believable response..

Just watched that for the first time. 

Fuck me. 

What a wanker. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Renton said:

Theresa May now giving a speech about the dangers of popularism and the rise of isolationism. She's right of course, but the hypocrisy is rank. She wasn't a popular leader but she tried to be. And her only policy was literally a hard Brexit from the EU, now she's whinging about the lack of international solidarity? Fuck you May you stupid cunt. You played your part bringing us here. 

And all for personal gain. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Renton said:

That's not rule breaking is it? I've been to an offy just to buy beer. But honestly,  it was essential. 

It felt wrong when I went to Rehill’s. I still bought four bottles of rum, but it felt wrong. 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

I went to my mam's to pick up some flour. Social distanced the whole time. And fuck you if you think you can stop me baking. I will do a long stretch. 

I had to put the radio off yesterday. Some residential home arranged to have families of residents drive past at a safe distance and wave to the residents, who sat outside having a picnic. Fuck all wrong with it, all socially distanced, old people that haven't seen their grandkids in over a month.

Bunch of fucking Clipboard Clives ringing up the station talking about a "breakdown in discipline". Honestly mate, please turn the oven on and stick your head in it. Do everyone you know that courtesy. I don't know why you're here other than to be a tedious little cunt. 

• Like 3

I think Mason's got a point - they were weak going in to it so even if sensible people were already doing it, that Friday night let all the morons show how stupid they are. 

Now everyone knows the cunt's going to relax it a bit on Sunday /Monday so they'll go absolutely mental on Friday.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Bunch of fucking Clipboard Clives ringing up the station talking about a "breakdown in discipline". Honestly mate, please turn the oven on and stick your head in it. Do everyone you know that courtesy. I don't know why you're here other than to be a tedious little cunt. 

This is exactly what they'll be wanting, people turning against each other as a distraction from the real questions that need to be asked of those accountable. To be clear I'm talking about the hall monitor gestapo and not you, you're free to bake until your heart's content.

Edited by OTF

It's the manufacturer's fault if the gear doesn't meet the agreed specifications, of course, but it's the government's fault for making a big media song and dance out of its arrival as a smokescreen for other things only to have it come back and bite them.

Read it and weep. :jesuswept:

Nothing new but they never fail to keep going with the bullshit. All the headlines with 'fury' in them regarding fuck all really but when around 30,000 to 50,000 are dead and our conservative government have been fucking useless...... happy days headlines. (Might as well have had a picture of a smiling Fonz).

IMG_20200507_104325.jpg

• Jaysus... 2

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Read it and weep. :jesuswept:

Nothing new but they never fail to keep going with the bullshit. All the headlines with 'fury' in them regarding fuck all really but when around 30,000 to 50,000 are dead and our conservative government have been fucking useless...... happy days headlines. (Might as well have had a picture of a smiling Fonz).

IMG_20200507_104325.jpg

If there's one thing I'd like this virus to do it would be to wipe out the papers. They all operate at a loss but continue anyway because of their owner's agendas.

Whilst death rates are (slowly) falling, infection rate is still stubbornly high, I think because we never had a proper lockdown and people are fucking idiots. I would be surprised if we don't see a second wave, which will ultimately kill many more thousands and fuck the economy even more. 

• Like 1

Can't link on my phone, but the latest voting intentions man. 50% Conservative compared with 30% Labour!

I mean, what the fuck is wrong with people? Even the worst handling of coronavirus in the world doesn't change these morons. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Can't link on my phone, but the latest voting intentions man. 50% Conservative compared with 30% Labour!

I mean, what the fuck is wrong with people? Even the worst handling of coronavirus in the world doesn't change these morons

Answered your own question. 

37 minutes ago, Renton said:

I mean, what the fuck is wrong with people? Even the worst handling of coronavirus in the world doesn't change these morons. 

It's just my opinion but this is why I was so adamant that Labour is fucked no matter who is in charge. It was always more than Corbyn, it's an honest to god culture war that is infecting all parts of our society. We are literally taking up the same sides of the battlefield over and over again on completely different issues because everyone has become politically involved - and in part that's because a certain section of society that was previously 'benignly uninformed' has been reached by the right through social media and various dishonest actors and transformed into 'dangerously misinformed'. I feel like our side always thought that if we could inform them, they'd see our point of view since it actually represents the interests of the vast majority of people. Somehow we didn't see shameless misinformation and lying actually working.

The same people who voted for Brexit are the same people who think Trump is doing a good job and talking sense, who are the same people who think the lockdown is an attack on civil liberties, who are the same people who think that they have to support the Tories on the mistakes they're making because this is a political issue and their side is under fire. Starmer isn't going to penetrate that, Obama wouldn't be able to, Blair wouldn't be able to, it's fucked. The only way the situation improves is if some kind of doomsday event really pushes these people into the light, or if the left/centre stop bickering about everything and engage in the snidy, dishonest and slimy bullshit of the right. Because playing the game fairly is going to get us squarely nowhere.

And if we ever do get back into power, we need to bring in laws that criminally prosecute well-poisoning serial liars in political positions. If we ever get that chance, we need to destroy the right's ability to behave like this ever again. It's too dangerous and it is only happening because no one ever thought they'd sink so low, and therefore the necessary safeguards weren't established.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's just my opinion but this is why I was so adamant that Labour is fucked no matter who is in charge. It was always more than Corbyn, it's an honest to god culture war that is infecting all parts of our society. We are literally taking up the same sides of the battlefield over and over again on completely different issues because everyone has become politically involved - and in part that's because a certain section of society that was previously 'benignly uninformed' has been reached by the right through social media and various dishonest actors and transformed into 'dangerously misinformed'. I feel like our side always thought that if we could inform them, they'd see our point of view since it actually represents the interests of the vast majority of people. Somehow we didn't see shameless misinformation and lying actually working.

The same people who voted for Brexit are the same people who think Trump is doing a good job and talking sense, who are the same people who think the lockdown is an attack on civil liberties, who are the same people who think that they have to support the Tories on the mistakes they're making because this is a political issue and their side is under fire. Starmer isn't going to penetrate that, Obama wouldn't be able to, Blair wouldn't be able to, it's fucked. The only way the situation improves is if some kind of doomsday event really pushes these people into the light, or if the left/centre stop bickering about everything and engage in the snidy, dishonest and slimy bullshit of the right. Because playing the game fairly is going to get us squarely nowhere.

And if we ever do get back into power, we need to bring in laws that criminally prosecute well-poisoning serial liars in political positions. If we ever get that chance, we need to destroy the right's ability to behave like this ever again. It's too dangerous and it is only happening because no one ever thought they'd sink so low, and therefore the necessary safeguards weren't established.

You’re also seeing the Thatcher generations getting older and becoming more “small c conservative”. 
I mean those generations just after me, who grew up never having known anyone other than Tories in power. 
There’s a whole lot of selfish cunts out there.