Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Anorthernsoul said:

The amount of street parties I've seen today flouting social distancing is an absolute disgrace, these same ignorant idiots will be out clapping the NHS every Thursday.

Up to a point you can't blame them when the messaging has been so mixed and the papers have been printing made-up timetables for lockdown being lifted. But only up to a point. They're definitely cunts too.

It'll keep escalating from here though, you'll have otherwise reasonable folk asking themselves (more than is already the case) why they should be hiding away and voluntarily living a shite version of life when no fucker else is.

What's the betting that even when foreign tourism begins again, the UK is one of the nationalities that have entry restrictions placed on them? If I was Germany or whoever, I'm not sure I'd want people coming in from here when we've not bothered to try and get the thing under proper control.

41 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Up to a point you can't blame them when the messaging has been so mixed and the papers have been printing made-up timetables for lockdown being lifted. But only up to a point. They're definitely cunts too.

It'll keep escalating from here though, you'll have otherwise reasonable folk asking themselves (more than is already the case) why they should be hiding away and voluntarily living a shite version of life when no fucker else is.

What's the betting that even when foreign tourism begins again, the UK is one of the nationalities that have entry restrictions placed on them? If I was Germany or whoever, I'm not sure I'd want people coming in from here when we've not bothered to try and get the thing under proper control.

Aye. In some ways there's nothing I would like more than UK people being turned away at the Costa borders because we're the worst infected  nation on Earth. Add Brexit in, and well, we're fucked I guess. 

Nearer 3. It will certainly be interesting to see if we get a spike though. And the blame will be firmly at the door of the government for pre-announcing a reduction in lockdown measures prior to a bank holiday 

Guaranteed the likes of CT had the bong and bunting out yesterday like. When I walked the dog yesterday there was a street party observing social distancing down the estate but by the time my lass went to work at 8pm-ish there were, she said, about 5 or 6 of them all sat round a table. Once people have a few bevvies common sense goes out the window. As Meenzer says, it doesn’t help when they’re almost encouraged to behave that way. Or the fact that they’re stupid, selfish cunts 

• Jaysus... 1

Just got back from a long run and you would have no idea we were in lockdown. Pavements packed so I ran in the road for most of it and kept out of the way of the paths in the park. 

There was a “socially distant” street party on our road last night, which we avoided. The adults all seemed to be keeping their distance but the kids were all playing together and there was an ice cream van so what was the point?

• Jaysus... 1

I eventually got a test at IKEA on Thursday, result came today - negative. 
Still don’t know if I had it, my A&E nurse sis-in-law is pretty sure I did. 
The test I was given, though, only tells you if there are traces of the virus on the day of the test. 
I’d need an antibody test, which isn’t available to me :lol:

Still, beers tonight with the BBQ  :drinks:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I eventually got a test at IKEA on Thursday, result came today - negative. 
Still don’t know if I had it, my A&E nurse sis-in-law is pretty sure I did. 
The test I was given, though, only tells you if there are traces of the virus on the day of the test. 
I’d need an antibody test, which isn’t available to me :lol:

Still, beers tonight with the BBQ  :drinks:

I'm guessing you're disappointed the result wasn't positive? I've not seen any accurate data on the sens and specs of the antigen test yet, but I've heard sampling error is problematic so you need to ram it up your nose really hard. 

Think the results of the antibody survey are being released this week, should give an idea of the historical prevalence. I'm guessing 5%, hope I'm wrong. 

No, I’m pleased it’s negative, means we can leave the house again for rides etc. 
I’d like to have known whether or not I did have it though. 
Still alive, got cold beer, not a mackem :good:

The testing was fucking horrible btw - three swipes of the throat, and it is your throat, not inside your mouth. 
Then the same swab is buried up your nose for 15 seconds, lodged somewhere between the back of your eyeball and your brain. 

I gagged like a £5 prozzy :lol:

( there’s a “recovery area” after the testing station, so I’m guessing people were spewing too). 
40r1qp.jpg

Read a few things which suggest that's why home tests are unreliable. 

I also read they turned down an American test with a mouth saliva swab which is almost 100% accurate. 

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

No, I’m pleased it’s negative, means we can leave the house again for rides etc. 
I’d like to have known whether or not I did have it though. 
Still alive, got cold beer, not a mackem :good:

Thank Allah

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

That sort of behaviour is for cunts irrespective of the situation tbh 

• Like 1