Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

2 hours ago, NJS said:

Read a few things which suggest that's why home tests are unreliable. 

I also read they turned down an American test with a mouth saliva swab which is almost 100% accurate. 

PCR tests are incredibly sensitive and specific, the issue is the virus doesn't express in all tissues in everyone. I dont understand how a saliva test would work, but could be a differenttype of test I guess. The antibody tests have a really good diagnostic accuracy and they use blood samples. I would expect they will be point of care finger tip tests shortly, so you will be able to do it at home without supervision, get a result in minutes. 

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

PCR tests are incredibly sensitive and specific, the issue is the virus doesn't express in all tissues in everyone. I dont understand how a saliva test would work, but could be a differenttype of test I guess. The antibody tests have a really good diagnostic accuracy and they use blood samples. I would expect they will be point of care finger tip tests shortly, so you will be able to do it at home without supervision, get a result in minutes. 

Just did a search - the one I read about by a company called Curative is less unpleasant but recommends a healthcare person is present. 

Also found somewhere you can get a PCR test for £149 and the Abbot antibody test for £99.

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Probably got hungry and ate his common sense. 

He’ll be playing the race card again when no one in football will give him a job despite wanting his last club to go into administration so he could get paid 

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just got back from a long run and you would have no idea we were in lockdown. Pavements packed so I ran in the road for most of it and kept out of the way of the paths in the park. 

I'm not even trying to run on the pavement most of the time these days, the side streets are quiet enough that it's easier to just stick to the roads than keep weaving.

Can't wait to see what it's like when everyone is driving to work, the shops etc. again but we're still meant to keep two metres' distance from each other in public. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s ok to be small mate. :lol:

No issues mate. Just pointing out your error, it’s the expensive ones that struggle

• Haha 3

Ice cream van in our estate for the first time in ages. And of course the charvs down the street are letting their kids get one. 

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I eventually got a test at IKEA on Thursday, result came today - negative. 
Still don’t know if I had it, my A&E nurse sis-in-law is pretty sure I did. 
The test I was given, though, only tells you if there are traces of the virus on the day of the test. 
I’d need an antibody test, which isn’t available to me :lol:

Still, beers tonight with the BBQ  :drinks:

Are you recovered now ?  No more coughing ?   The test itself sounds horrible.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Most people have made up their minds.

They think it's only the old and those with health problems who will die.

They simply don't get it that they could have no symptoms and pass it on to someone who could die

Or they do get it and just don't give a fuck.

I'm not angry anymore, I've just lost faith in humanity.

• Like 1

Aye. But it's not helped when you have a Complete and utter inept set of cunts in charge. 

Compared to places like France Spain and Italy we've had it easy and we still fuck it up. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye. But it's not helped when you have a Complete and utter inept set of cunts in charge. 

Compared to places like France Spain and Italy we've had it easy and we still fuck it up. 

Idiots in charge of selfish people.

• Like 4

Apart from anything else it’s going to fuck the economy even more because of the inevitable (and completely avoidable) spike in cases and deaths in about two and a half weeks. While I wouldn’t go along with it I could understand it from the POV of them being callous cunts if there was to be an economic benefit. But they are so inept we’re going to end up with the worst of all worlds. But, y’knaa, so long as some people got to enjoy a VE Day karaoke party

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

My street were all participating. It's a mix of well heeled pensioners, probably tories, and middle class families here, all Labour (doctors.solicitors and teachers, and mombies). They're nice people, just not people I can relate to well. Mind, i dont relate to anyone well now, tbh. I think everyone socially distanced themselves including the kids. But fuck me it was excruciating. Every house apart from ours had union flags, bunting, cut outs of the queen. We had Vera Lynn blaring out constantly, BBQs in front gardens, people wandering up the street pissed up on prosecco. 

Nobody on my street will be impacted much by the shite that's going to happen. It's a complete middle England bubble replicated millions of times across this shitty country. Any guilt felt can be assuaged by the mombies organising the next charity or PTA event. God I know, I am a miserable bastard and I'm only going to get worse. 

4 hours ago, Meenzer said:

I'm not even trying to run on the pavement most of the time these days, the side streets are quiet enough that it's easier to just stick to the roads than keep weaving.

Can't wait to see what it's like when everyone is driving to work, the shops etc. again but we're still meant to keep two metres' distance from each other in public. :ph34r:

It felt like this is the weekend when Londoners stopped following the rules, which is no big surprise given the mixed messaging 

56 minutes ago, Renton said:

My street were all participating. It's a mix of well heeled pensioners, probably tories, and middle class families here, all Labour (doctors.solicitors and teachers, and mombies). They're nice people, just not people I can relate to well. Mind, i dont relate to anyone well now, tbh. I think everyone socially distanced themselves including the kids. But fuck me it was excruciating. Every house apart from ours had union flags, bunting, cut outs of the queen. We had Vera Lynn blaring out constantly, BBQs in front gardens, people wandering up the street pissed up on prosecco. 

Nobody on my street will be impacted much by the shite that's going to happen. It's a complete middle England bubble replicated millions of times across this shitty country. Any guilt felt can be assuaged by the mombies organising the next charity or PTA event. God I know, I am a miserable bastard and I'm only going to get worse. 

Like Meenzer, I’m delighted to say my street was fuck all like that 

I did a click & collect from B&Q yesterday, was only one couple in front of me, was as many B&Q workers as 'collectors' however the actual shop had a queue to get in and the coast road seemed as busy as it would normally be at around 10.30. I just threw on an old Northern Ireland shirt and got some proper hackies off the mess of a female and her dopey looking bloke. I wondered what she was looking at then noticed one of the workers with an England shirt on and guessed she wasn't impressed with the lack of red, white and blue? :lol: (I'd forgotten it was VE Day celebrations and I'm taking it that was the reason and she wasn't a hardcore Republic of Ireland fan?) My old Street had a party and I noticed a couple of streets down from me had the bunting out, mainly St George flags with the England three lions on it and the odd union jack. We just had a BBQ in the back garden and played a bit music at a respectable noise level and got pissed before wor lass put the karaoke on later on that night when we went inside. We didn't sing Vera Lynn. I very reluctantly let the daughters go around the old street to have a look plus say hello to their mate with strict instructions to not get too close but they ended up staying for a couple of hours and got walked home by a couple of our old neighbours, one of whom is a good mate of mine. Everyone was drunk and I ended up giving them a can each as they sat in my back garden, (not close to each other) and then eventually left when they finished their can. My mate then hugged wor lass and me and when I woke up today I kicked myself for not being more strict in the first place with the girls. It's the first time we've fucked up. God knows what the old street was like as apparently the police came around as a singer had been hired, (I kid you not) by someone. I really enjoyed yesterday in the garden when it was just us but should've known what would happen if I let them pop round to our old street. My fault 100% but can't help but feel this VE celebration was deliberately pushed to keep people's minds off the fuck ups of the government knowing some folk would do whatever they wanted and even people who've been careful up till now could drop a bollock full of peeve. (Me).  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I did a click & collect from B&Q yesterday, was only one couple in front of me, was as many B&Q workers as 'collectors' however the actual shop had a queue to get in and the coast road seemed as busy as it would normally be at around 10.30. I just threw on an old Northern Ireland shirt and got some proper hackies off the mess of a female and her dopey looking bloke. I wondered what she was looking at then noticed one of the workers with an England shirt on and guessed she wasn't impressed with the lack of red, white and blue? :lol: (I'd forgotten it was VE Day celebrations and I'm taking it that was the reason and she wasn't a hardcore Republic of Ireland fan?) My old Street had a party and I noticed a couple of streets down from me had the bunting out, mainly St George flags with the England three lions on it and the odd union jack. We just had a BBQ in the back garden and played a bit music at a respectable noise level and got pissed before wor lass put the karaoke on later on that night when we went inside. We didn't sing Vera Lynn. I very reluctantly let the daughters go around the old street to have a look plus say hello to their mate with strict instructions to not get too close but they ended up staying for a couple of hours and got walked home by a couple of our old neighbours, one of whom is a good mate of mine. Everyone was drunk and I ended up giving them a can each as they sat in my back garden, (not close to each other) and then eventually left when they finished their can. My mate then hugged wor lass and me and when I woke up today I kicked myself for not being more strict in the first place with the girls. It's the first time we've fucked up. God knows what the old street was like as apparently the police came around as a singer had been hired, (I kid you not) by someone. I really enjoyed yesterday in the garden when it was just us but should've known what would happen if I let them pop round to our old street. My fault 100% but can't help but feel this VE celebration was deliberately pushed to keep people's minds off the fuck ups of the government knowing some folk would do whatever they wanted and even people who've been careful up till now could drop a bollock full of peeve. (Me).  

Sounds like a canny night down the Chatsworth. :D

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2