Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Funny how the fuckers who voted for these jokers don’t want to politicise this. Own your shit for once because, until you do, the country is knackered 

Funny how people try to rewrite history.  The choice was between a buffoon and a clown.

Labours' failed Corbyn experiment is more to blame for letting the right wing take over the Torys' than the centre voters are for not voting for a clown (and his circus).

Absolutely it is. That was such a convincing argument that we don't need to understand who these 'centrists' he's referring to are, since the ones noted in the data sure as shit weren't voting for Brexit enabling government of incompetents. We also don't need to understand how Corbyn somehow forced the Tories to throw out all their moderate MPs while kowtowing to the absolute lunatics, that's just a given.

Hopelessly disingenuous. It's beyond even arguing with people who think like this anymore, rational thought has entirely deserted the ideologically driven, evidence shy, persistent right wing voters. It's just tribal bullshit.

Edited by Rayvin

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

Funny how people try to rewrite history.  The choice was between a buffoon and a clown.

Labours' failed Corbyn experiment is more to blame for letting the right wing take over the Torys' than the centre voters are for not voting for a clown (and his circus).

Where have I rewritten history? That’s a rhetorical question btw. Also I’m far from being a Corbyn fan but the idea that people who voted for these cunts are less to blame than those that didn’t is about as stupid as virtually everything else you’ve ever posted on here. And you were a Tory long before Corbyn came along so who’s the one actually rewriting history here? That’s another rhetorical question btw 

Philip Pullman.

Johnson is announcing his new plans at 7pm on a Sunday night in a pre-recorded statement for one simple reason: The fridge-hider doesn't want to be held to account.

He's completely bypassing parliament because he doesn't want opposition MPs to scrutinise his proposals.

He's not even doing it during one of the daily Coronavirus briefings, because even the limited scrutiny of our largely servile and complicit mainstream media is too much for him to bear.

And he's not giving a live speech, because his minders know that he's simply incapable of not going off on into dissembling waffler mode, and giving away the real agenda with a repetition of something like "take it on the chin", or his utterly bizarre 'superman of capitalism' delusions.

Apparently he didn't even run his plans past the Tory cabinet before printing them up and pre-recording his glorious address to the nation, because he's so allergic to scrutiny that he won't even risk the possibility of mild dissent from his own damned government colleagues!

Johnson and his inner circle of unelected hard-right ghouls are running the country like a tinpot dictatorship, where nobody is allowed to scrutinise, and the citizens are expected to eagerly tune in to listen to the latest pronouncement of the divine and unquestionable leader.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Germany’s R straight back to 1.1 when the lockdown was eased.

I can see the UK beating that and fucking up any chance we have of getting an end to the footie season 

At least the vaccine trial will have fertile ground to be tested in. 

Beth Rigby there on sky, 'some minister's never intended everyone to stay away from work indefinitely and they'd like construction and manufacturing to go back to work'. :lol: 

Basically, the plebs can get it, get back to work. (Never left work personally). 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

If you can work from home, work from home, if you can’t - tough shit. 

But you have to walk or bike to get there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJS said:

But you have to walk or bike to get there. 

Aye, I mean drive if you can or even better walk or cycle. Which would be fine except isn’t practical for most people working in London for example. I.e. where more people work than anywhere else and the epicentre of infection in the UK. Fucking guaranteed this is all about the money and guaranteed the approach will ending costing more anyway. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ant said:

Liked the fact he's banging on about the "UK" but Scotland/n.Ireland /Wales have said nope

Except they’ll probably stop the furlough money if any of those countries don’t toe the line. Just watch 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, I mean drive if you can or even better walk or cycle. Which would be fine except isn’t practical for most people working in London for example. I.e. where more people work than anywhere else and the epicentre of infection in the UK. Fucking guaranteed this is all about the money and guaranteed the approach will ending costing more anyway. 

I've said where I stand on getting the train into London but I think it'll be "interesting" to see what their plans are for it - especially given they came out with this 90% reduction on Friday. 

• Like 2

Christ this situation is so depressing. It's clear they are going to wind down furlough and if you've got school age kids you're basically fucked. Gonna be a lot of unemployed people very soon. 

The great British public can't even do a lockdown properly. Too many piss takers mean we'll never get R down enough to get out of this. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Germany’s R straight back to 1.1 when the lockdown was eased.

I can see the UK beating that and fucking up any chance we have of getting an end to the footie season 

I read several places it went from 0.8 to 0.96 and now its down to around 0.6

That was as clear as fucking mud.

If you cant work from home, you're encouraged to goto work.  Then he said later that retail will open a bit later.

Wait on, you've just said if you cant work from home, go back tomorrow.

If he was PM 75 years ago we would be speaking fucking German.  

• Like 2

His repeated emphasis on data is straight from Cummings. Not that it's the wrong way to proceed.

I'm not sure if I think there was much wrong with what he said - if the number is under 1 and they're actually using data to support what they're doing, then fine.

Edited by Rayvin

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

His repeated emphasis on data is straight from Cummings. Not that it's the wrong way to proceed.

I'm not sure if I think there was much wrong with what he said - if the number is under 1 and they're actually using data to support what they're doing, then fine.

I'd say he made some sense but there are caveats:

Volume and availability of testing and doubts about the app and the track/trace programme. 

Guidelines for employers on safety - enforcement? 

Public transport. 

Lack of clarity on shops reopening now and others like Weatherspoons who'll probably jump the gun. 

The morons who've pushed their luck up till now will see this as a licence to go a lot further. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NJS said:

I'd say he made some sense but there are caveats:

Volume and availability of testing and doubts about the app and the track/trace programme. 

Guidelines for employers on safety - enforcement? 

Public transport. 

Lack of clarity on shops reopening now and others like Weatherspoons who'll probably jump the gun. 

The morons who've pushed their luck up till now will see this as a licence to go a lot further. 

Guidelines for employers. Honestly, it's impossible to keep to the guidelines at all times, absolutely impossible. 

• Like 1