Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Reception kids basically lick each other all day. The only reason I can think for sending them back first is to save on the mental health bill by preventing parents having nervous breakdowns. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Good idea to send reception and nursery classes back first like. Because they are the least capable of understanding how to social distance and they are the most likely to not show symptoms whilst spreading the disease. It’s like a piss-take, man. 

Not only that but they are in the least need of education.  In most European countries kids don't even go to school until year 2 age. Finland being an example, the best education system in the world. Is this decision just ill thought out or deliberate?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well, not personally, but they’ll be fucking rammed when they open. I mean, a few of the people on the tills might die but as long as people can buy a new water feature, some fence paint and overpriced chutney it seems like a small price to pay

“overpriced chutney” :lol::lol::lol:

I dropped my car off last week at a local garage to have a tyre changed.  I went for a small walk whilst they did it as I didn't want to hang about.

I walked past a primary school and there was about a 20 kids playing out and a teacher.  No social distancing at all.  

This shit about parents is hilarious - meet your Mam (no hugging obviously) for a chat then she goes back to the car allowing your Dad to come for a chat - might as well stick to zoom. 

It was inevitable that it was going to be tapered off once Johnson told people to go back to work. Most of the manufacturing businesses round here have gone back to work and there shouldn't be a problem in doing so if it can be done safely. But for those working in the service industry that still can't go back to work it would be unfair to end it in its current form.

Edit: The obvious problem is getting a lot of these people to work safely. Maybe CT will be volunteering to give them a lift and sanitise his taxi after every run?

Edited by ewerk

Full furlough scheme extended until October. I wasn't expecting that. Fair play to the Exchquer. Going to hard for some of you lazy loafers to remember what work is after this! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Full furlough scheme extended until October. I wasn't expecting that. Fair play to the Exchquer. Going to hard for some of you lazy loafers to remember what work is after this! 

Feels like a last minute turnaround. The Mail was running that it would only be 60% of pay earlier.

That worries me somewhat, because it sort of implies that the government is paying next to no attention to the economics of this.