Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I hear the international comparison graphs on mortality have been dropped from the daily briefings. Not sure why, I'm sure we were winning. :scratchchin:

yeah, funny that

i know england doesn't have much history of success in global sporting contests but we're fucking storming the global excess deaths competition. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Tax payers of the future, all this is going on tick.

I'm not  complaining, it's the right thing to do under the circumstances. But it should also be mentioned that all public sector workers are still required to work. So I'd hope we have less criticism from private sector workers "paying the wages" of public sector employees in future, considering we are paying them to take a 6 month holiday! 

Shut the fuck up and get on with your work. I'm not paying you for nowt. 

• Haha 1

The bamp family out the back of mine. Two cars turned up earlier, two adult women and their kids spill out. There's camping chairs on the front lawn, the kids that arrived in the cars are tearing up and down the street with the bamp family kids, wrestling one another etc, then going and talking to their respective parents like that's all safe and no bother. Never mind the contagion, the fucking noise of it. 

I wouldn't care, but these arseholes have got 4 kids that weigh about the same as 7 kids.  They don't need mates shipping in to play with. 

I am fighting the urge to go out the back and burst the lot of them. I hope they all get a dose, this lot won't all make it. One of the little fat kids wears a hairband like a footballer constantly, the giant little moon-faced cunt. 

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

"apparent success", apparently 

The whole basis of that argument from the government seems to be about the NHS not being completely overwhelmed. Whilst simultaneously ignoring virtually all non essential treatment being cancelled and everyone in a care home being left to die

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

What people haven't mentioned is it's all fine and well announcing a furlough extension but some companies might not be able to last another 4 months with zero productivity.

:lol: That gets mentioned all the time 

• Haha 1

I know there’s been a litany of government fuck ups that have lead to our high death toll but is it possible that we’re not hospitalising people quickly enough? If you look at the deaths in care homes and the fact that people in general are being actively discouraged from seeking help until they’re seriously ill then surely it has to be an issue?

That’s not what I heard from the tubby 10 year old who says she knocked you spark out after you moaned about her playing on her bike. The Wideopen Wanker she called you.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I know there’s been a litany of government fuck ups that have lead to our high death toll but is it possible that we’re not hospitalising people quickly enough? If you look at the deaths in care homes and the fact that people in general are being actively discouraged from seeking help until they’re seriously ill then surely it has to be an issue?

It's been deliberate policy. People are triaged in the community and often given palliative care. If you're in a care home with a DNR you're not going to hospital. There needs to be more transparency about this issue. 

Edit. I might add that our death rate is appalling. Using worldometer data, of the people who have had a positive test, 14.4% have died. I mean let that sink in, its horrific. Especially since no recovery data has been published. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's been deliberate policy. People are triaged in the community and often given palliative care. If you're in a care home with a DNR you're not going to hospital. There needs to be more transparency about this issue. 

I think I’ve just blown it wide open.

I’ve just caught the NI Executive press conference on Channel 4 and it’s brilliant watching two sign language interpreters in a small corner side by side looking like they’re competing with one another.

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Lucky escape for CT as he was wanting him to move nearby. 

Can you imagine if he had? 

“Season 23 Episode 4 Neighbours From Hell

The empty shell that used to be Gemmill is slumped in a darkened room, the only sounds are the gentle whirring of the Roombas fruitlessly attempting to clean up the piles of discarded sourdough bread which litter the room. 
Suddenly, a bang on the window interrupts the relative peace, and the camera swings to the slight gap in the heavy drapes. 
We see the top of an obese, cone-shaped head, bouncing up and down at the window like an excited child, as we hear a shrill voice asking,

”I’ve got a new metector, do you want to come and look for spoons with me Gems?”

The camera cuts back to our once proud subject as he forlonly wraps the rubber around his bicep, searching for a usable vein”. 

Mr. One-Punch is gone. 

:lol:

• Haha 6

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

Edit. I might add that our death rate is appalling. Using worldometer data, of the people who have had a positive test, 14.4% have died. I mean let that sink in, its horrific. Especially since no recovery data has been published. 

Isn't that skewed by a large proportion of the positive tests being the people admitted to hospital? 

I think they don't care about testing  "healthy" people who self-isolate. 

20 minutes ago, NJS said:

Isn't that skewed by a large proportion of the positive tests being the people admitted to hospital? 

I think they don't care about testing  "healthy" people who self-isolate. 

It is skewed by that but by the same reckoning, your survival rate if you get in hospital is quite scary. I haven't got the data handy, but because the old are left to die in care homes or the community,  often untested, , the actual proportion of young people in hospital is much higher than you'd think, particularly middle aged porkers like CT. The mortality rate on entering hospital for this demographic is about 10%, but many are left with serious long term sequelae. So for CT to be posting ridiculous "facts" about how insignificant this is for non-pensioners was fucking galling. He's tempting fate, I'd go as far as saying. 

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

i know england doesn't have much history of success in global sporting contests but we're fucking storming the global excess deaths competition. 

MAEGA?