Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

It should be possible to track his movements using open source apps like google earth and cctv. I’m sure it’s just a matter of time until a creative hack nails him, which makes Johnson backing him to to hilt today all the more bizarre 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

Starmer must but laughing into his coco this evening. Implosion of the highest order.

And the great thing is he doesn’t even have to do anything. Sometime the greatest lawyers just sit back, resist them urge to probe and let their witness crumble in front of everyone’s eyes. 

He doesn't -have- to sack him though, right? For all the press may call for it, no one can compel him to sack the guy. I mean it's still Year 1 of the cycle remember, there's not much any of us can do about this and no one will care in 4 years time. Least of all Johnson who will probably just stand down anyway.

Interesting times but if Johnson intends to just stare the press down, I'm not sure exactly what can be done about it.

Edited by Rayvin

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

He doesn't -have- to sack him though, right? For all the press may call for it, no one can compel him to sack the guy. I mean it's still Year 1 of the cycle remember, there's not much any of us can do about this and no one will care in 4 years time. Least of all Johnson who will probably just stand down anyway.

Interesting times but if Johnson intends to just stare the press down, I'm not sure exactly what can be done about it.

He's not just staring the press down though, is he? He stood up on telly yesterday and basically told the public they were wrong, him and his mate were right, and that that was the end of the matter. This virus has affected everybody. I personally have been fortunate enough not to lose anyone but there are loads that have or that know someone that has, and these people cut across the political spectrum.  And they are furious that they played by the rules and face timed their final goodbyes while this dickhead drove cross country and basically did whatever the fuck he liked. And now him and the PM are playing them for mugs.

Loads of Tory MPs are getting hundreds of letters from their constituents and all of them will be determined to do something to save their own skin. There's lots of shit people forget by the time the next election rolls around, but waving goodbye to a parent on an iPad screen and then not being able to attend their burial isn't one of them. 

For the same reason that I don't think Trump will just get to shrug this one off, I don't think Johnson does either. This isnt just a minor tussle between Johnson and the press.

• Like 3

Yes, the political gamble has largely been based on the assumption that the majority of the public would side with Cummings. That they would see this as a media witch-hunt and would believe that how he acted was acceptable under the circumstances. That has clearly backfired. The irony is Cummings and Johnson seem to think they’re magically able to tap into the mindset of the man in the street and that too many of their colleagues can’t see beyond the ‘Westminster bubble’. This, more than anything previously, blows that little notion out of the water. The fact both of them seem to think this will just go away shows how arrogant, naive and stupid they actually are. Mind, it’s a sign of the times people are more bothered about the hypocrisy than the tens of thousands of unnecessary excess deaths.

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

If I was Johnson, my main concern would be that the fury over this doesn't now focus people's minds on the tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths. It's a real shame that this all coincided with the Sunday Times article on how the failure to lockdown soon enough has killed tens of thousands. If that had come out next weekend, I think it would have met a much more receptive audience. 

• Like 2