Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Gloom, would she have been solely  responsible for that introduction or would it have been a team decision? I'm not surprised at this news sadly. 

She probably scripted her autocue herself but it would have been approved by senior editors/producers - disgraceful treatment 

• Like 1

Censorship eh. So Cummings breaks the rules and keeps his job. She tells it how it is and gets stepped down. The only apology over all this affair is coming from the BBC. what a fucking joke. 

• Like 1

The BBC should have had its charter revoked for Orgreave - 35 years of shit like this hasn't changed my mind on that.

And fuck the "Then we wouldn't have Planet Earth" shite.

• Like 1

It’s not even true anyway because after Attenborough blazed a trail for that sort of thing and made it hugely successful they make a big profit selling those types of series around the world. 

Edited by Alex

Aye, after the last few days I am saying stick this app up your arse and if anyone contacts me to tell me to go into self isolation for 14 days without symptoms or an offer of a test then fuck them too. Not happening. 

• Like 3

I mean Cummings can do what the fuck he likes without a hint of even an apology but they’re going to try and guilt trip people into doing their ‘civic duty’ 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, after the last few days I am saying stick this app up your arse and if anyone contacts me to tell me to go into self isolation for 14 days without symptoms or an offer of a test then fuck them too. Not happening. 

:lol: This is when trust in government pays off.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Is it just me or should the 60,000 excess deaths be a bigger story here than the 100,000 in America? 

It was brought up a while ago how the rest of the world were aghast at our death figures but the attitude in the UK seemed to be rather nonplussed.

• Like 1

Matt Hancock has overseen 10,000s of unnecessary deaths and he’s lecturing the nation on civic duty. Utterly fucking shameless 

Edited by Alex

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It was brought up a while ago how the rest of the world were aghast at our death figures but the attitude in the UK seemed to be rather nonplussed.

Because it’s probably more widely reported abroad 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Matt Hancock has overseen 10,000s of unnecessary deaths and he’s lecturing the nation on civic duty. Utterly fucking shameless 

I also liked how the top half of the front page he tweeted involved a newspaper supplying front line workers with PPE because the government previously couldn't. The shame doesn't even register with him.

• Like 1

I don’t think there’s a single aspect of this that has been handled well. Even the NHS capacity has been at a terrible cost with the care homes deaths alone. That’s before we can even guess at the knock on with missed cancer treatments etc. Everything else has been an unmitigated disaster 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NJS said:

The BBC should have had its charter revoked for Orgreave - 35 years of shit like this hasn't changed my mind on that.

And fuck the "Then we wouldn't have Planet Earth" shite.

I did think it was a bit soon to start letting the MSM off the hook :cuppa:

Although in fairness to the rest of them, the BBC is running scared of the Tories far more than anyone else. I would presently trust Piers Morgan over any BBC journalist.. And that's just crazy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I did think it was a bit soon to start letting the MSM off the hook :cuppa:

Although in fairness to the rest of them, the BBC is running scared of the Tories far more than anyone else. I would presently trust Piers Morgan over any BBC journalist.. And that's just crazy.

They’re running scared of the government they shooed into power so they deserve it 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Fucking hell, I can’t believe they’re letting anyone involved in TalkTalk do that app. My TalkTalk Internet couldn’t stay connected for longer than 10 minutes and they’re trusting the brains behind that to trace this virus.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Think I'm with Renton on this app. I have no goodwill towards the government whatsoever. They're not taking this seriously and will indeed probably sell the data.

No thanks.