Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t think there’s a single aspect of this that has been handled well. Even the NHS capacity has been at a terrible cost with the care homes deaths alone. That’s before we can even guess at the knock on with missed cancer treatments etc. Everything else has been an unmitigated disaster 

It's almost as if if you elect lying, corrupt, expert hating, incompetent cunts detached from reality you end up with bad outcomes. I mean, come on, who would have seen this happening without the benefit of hindsight? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's almost as if if you elect lying, corrupt, expert hating, incompetent cunts detached from reality you end up with bad outcomes. I mean, come on, who would have seen this happening without the benefit of hindsight? 

The problem is, lead upto the Election, the Murdoch media brainwashed cock ends by constantly battering Corbyn.  In places like Bolsover they fucking lapped it up reading The Sun before going down the local WMC for a pint before lunch. Cunts.

I didn't know she was married to a tory MP. Jesus christ, the cronyism and nepotism exhibited by the tories is so blatant. How the fuck have we let corruption get to the level it is literally killing people? 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

I didn't know she was married to a tory MP. Jesus christ, the cronyism and nepotism exhibited by the tories is so blatant. How the fuck have we let corruption get to the level it is literally killing people? 

Can’t we stop bickering about unnecessary deaths, back-handers and incompetence and Just Get It Done? 

• Haha 3

Perfect time for the media to go to town on this corruption and the mortality rate given the situation around Cummings etc. Does anyone think that’ll happen? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Perfect time for the media to go to town on this corruption and the mortality rate given the situation around Cummings etc. Does anyone think that’ll happen? 

Stop politicising this political thing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know everything is political anyway but, as you suggest, it really is a joke when we’re told not to politicise party politics and the government. There was a case for it during the Second World War which was clearly different (we won for a start). You’ve got an incredibly inept government without any semblance of a strategy with blood of thousands of people on their hands. Even that would be bad enough but the priorities even at this stage are giving contracts to their mates and protecting the de facto PM who is a fucking incompetent, ego and agenda driven sociopath instead of getting their house in order and saving lives. But please, watch your tone

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

Sounds like we might need a Believe in Britain Thursday. Everybody get their believeys ready, and get out on your doorsteps. 

All aboard the second peak train. 

• Jaysus... 2

It’ll be funny when we’re the only country not welcome to go on holiday in Europe. Florida will probably be open for business like. 

I just hope some long term benefits can come out of this shambles somehow. Starting with blowing away the myth of British exceptionalism, which is a sad joke at the minute. I'll not hold my breath like. 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sounds like we might need a Believe in Britain Thursday. Everybody get their believeys ready, and get out on your doorsteps. 

All aboard the second peak train. 

Even if the app has 100% take-up I have doubts about this entire scheme due do basic incompetence. 

Of course there were local teams who could do this but they've been swept aside for another fucking Serco led shambles. 

Durham Police have concluded that slapheed did break lockdown rules when he drove to Barnard Castle. Minor breach so no further action will be taken, but at least it's now on the record that it was a breach. 

Watch the government now tell its own police force that they are mistaken. 

I think they'll think the minor breach clause gets them off the hook. 

It's not going away though. Cummings has wrecked any chance, however small, of track and trace working. 

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think they'll think the minor breach clause gets them off the hook. 

It's not going away though. Cummings has wrecked any chance, however small, of track and trace working. 

Like they want track and trace to work, it's onwards and upwards with the cull, cunts!

• Like 1

I’m not sure they’re that clever enough in terms of deliberately doing it but it doesn’t really matter as it looks like the same result either way 

Urghh. People like this genuinely make me feel sick. 

I recall a discussion I had at University once about this, a couple who were my friends at the time and still sort of are. Both upper middle, lower upper class, private school educated, who believed they had achieved their academic successes because of the genes they had inherited, rather than their incredibly privileged upbringing. For the sake of our friendship we had to just leave it there (they were genuinely nice people), but the arrogance of them was fucking galling. They later had a messy divorce and not particularly successful careers as it happens.

It's inbred in this country probably moreso than anywhere else in the world. It's also related to the sense of entitlement and British exceptionalism I mentioned before. I find it even more rankling than the disparity seen in the US tbh, at least there you have a theoretical chance of betterment, even if it is largely illusory. As long as we have the class system, spear headed by the monarchy, nothing will really change. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1