Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

On 5/30/2020 at 11:58, Gemmill said:

Apparently, in a local intensive care department, out of every ventilated patient who has been through there with COVID in the last 3 months, only 3 have survived.

Numbers are skewed slightly as only the most poorly end up on there, not all patients will be ventilated and an awful lot of the dead will have been older, BAME or had long term conditions. But still. 3 survivors in 3 months

There's some dude I think from Stanford who is theorising that it's a vitamin D thing. Reckons people in the Northern hemisphere are known to be short of Vit D in general, but if you're BAME and living in the Northern hemisphere, the colour of your skin dictates that you need even more sun exposure to get enough vitamin D. Therefore you're even more chronically vitamin D depleted, which has implications for your immune system. So when you get this thing, it fucks you up. 

Makes logical sense, feels a bit racist, and a bit too neat. Plus I know fuck all about the topic and have no idea just how much of a big deal Vitamin D is or if this is the equivalent or some crackpot telling us to take a Beroca and we'll be fine. 

Interesting that some experimental treatments are based on blood medicine eg Heparin. There's suggestions it's more generally a blood vessel disease than specifically a respiratory one. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

That is quite the thread. 

12th feb W.H.O warn 45 million could be infected  if left unchallenged 

same day Boris skips 4th COBRA meeting !

fucking staggering ! 

You can’t blame the idiots when they’re being told it’s more or less business as usual. There was a kids party down the street yesterday. At least six cars visiting, bouncy castle in the back garden, the lot. It was still going on at about 10 pm. At times like this people need strong leadership and clear instructions as to what they can and can’t do. 

Just now, Tdansmith said:

12th feb W.H.O warn 45 million could be infected  if left unchallenged 

same day Boris skips 4th COBRA meeting !

fucking staggering ! 

He’s a fat, lazy cunt. Cummings is the de facto PM. That’s why Johnson wouldn’t let him go. Because he’s have to find someone else to run the show. A fucking PM who doesn’t work weekends but asks retired NHS staff in at risk groups to put their lives on the line. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s a fat, lazy cunt. Cummings is the de facto PM. That’s why Johnson wouldn’t let him go. Because he’s have to find someone else to run the show. A fucking PM who doesn’t work weekends but asks retired NHS staff in at risk groups to put their lives on the line. 

EZa0bu1X0AAhuAC?format=jpg&name=small

Did he really say that ?  If he did he should be shot 

Just now, Tdansmith said:

EZa0bu1X0AAhuAC?format=jpg&name=small

Did he really say that ?  If he did he should be shot 

According to reports at the time. Denied by number 10, obviously. It strikes me as the sort of thing he might say because apart from being an absolute sociopath he doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as clever as him or his so-called boss seem to think he is

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

You can’t blame the idiots when they’re being told it’s more or less business as usual. There was a kids party down the street yesterday. At least six cars visiting, bouncy castle in the back garden, the lot. It was still going on at about 10 pm. At times like this people need strong leadership and clear instructions as to what they can and can’t do. 

There's almost an arrogance about it that says they're too "hard" to catch the disease. 

It reminds me of the moronic religionists who say the only thing stopping them killing other people is the ten commandments or fear of god - how can they not have innate empathy like most of the rest of the human race? 

I admit to being a bit selfish in not going out as I'm personally shit scared of catching the fucking thing but I at least expect others to care wether I die too. 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

According to reports at the time. Denied by number 10, obviously. It strikes me as the sort of thing he might say because apart from being an absolute sociopath he doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as clever as him or his so-called boss seem to think he is

After seeing the arrogant way he talks to the press and especially regarding Barnard Castle I can certainly imagine he would be capable of saying that, what a horrible man he is.

1 minute ago, NJS said:

There's almost an arrogance about it that says they're too "hard" to catch the disease. 

It reminds me of the moronic religionists who say the only thing stopping them killing other people is the ten commandments or fear of god - how can they not have innate empathy like most of the rest of the human race? 

I admit to being a bit selfish in not going out as I'm personally shit scared of catching the fucking thing but I at least expect others to care wether I die too. 

I think there’s definitely the Ant Middleton type of fuckwit. Then there’s the other type of fuckwit who’ll put shit on Twitter about not being scared of it whilst probably being shit scared. People are idiots though so who knows? I scared of getting it and the same applies to those I know and love getting it. The genie’s our the bottle now though. Until we lockdown again and do even more damage to the economy the government think they’re saving. 

1 minute ago, Tdansmith said:

After seeing the arrogant way he talks to the press and especially regarding Barnard Castle I can certainly imagine he would be capable of saying that, what a horrible man he is.

Honestly I think their whole strategy boils down to perception. A lot of the deaths have been hidden (not including the 20,000 plus missing off the official figures) then there’s the people in care homes (the ones they promised to protect before leaving to die) and you haven’t had the scenes broadcast like in Spain and Italy from the wards. So they’ve been able to kid most people everything is hunky dory. The Cummings story is almost a good thing for them compared to the press constantly asking why there’s been 60,000 excess deaths already. The media on the whole are complicit too. Especially the BBC  

• Like 1