Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

No, It isn’t a private school - there are usually 30 kids in my daughter’s class. They are smaller than usual and staggered so social distancing can be enforced. 

I don’t think our school is equipped to enforce social distancing rules if/when all the kids are back in September even with smaller/staggered classes. The school is just too small with too many kids. 

Aye, i think maybe in September they'll have to drop most social distancing and rely on hygiene measures, washing hands and not sharing stuff. But even washing hands will be a nightmare with 1 sink and a whole classroom. How the fuck they are going to learn much is beyond me, we could end up with a generation of thickies. 

As for home schooling, tried it, fuck that, I'm out. Just like other key workers, I'm really appreciating the skill and dedication of teachers now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well they do have a report on it, they're just refusing to publish it.

I've heard people complaining about this insofar as not revealing the outcome of the data will mean people of colour are less "aware" of the risks around the disease, but on reflection could it not also be possible that if you looked at BAME people as a demographic in isolation, then the case for ending lockdown drops considerably. Which in turn means we are actively increasing the risk to them, sacrificing them on the altar of capitalism.

Or am I getting a bit carried away?

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I've heard people complaining about this insofar as not revealing the outcome of the data will mean people of colour are less "aware" of the risks around the disease, but on reflection could it not also be possible that if you looked at BAME people as a demographic in isolation, then the case for ending lockdown drops considerably. Which in turn means we are actively increasing the risk to them, sacrificing them on the altar of capitalism.

Or am I getting a bit carried away?

I haven't got a clue what you mean if that helps?

My lass told me to put a black metal lid off a jar in the normal bin the other day as apparently they can't be recycled because some sorting machine can't recognise them or something. I instantly snapped with "black lids matter" and got nothing. Could be onto divorce number 2 if this keeps up. 

• Haha 8

35 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He means that the government don't care whether black people die.

And he's probably right.

Ah right. I still confused about whether we are in lockdown or not. Personally,  I dont think we ever have been. 

12 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Why did BOJO miss so many COBRA meetings then?

He's always been a lazy, easily distracted cunt, yet another lifetime trait which seemingly doesn't matter. 

Instead of asking about lessons learnt for the future why don’t they ask why we’ve done much worse than everyone else? 

Not sure why I watch these as they just wind me up. But you’d think journalists would’ve learnt by now to just ask one, to the point question. The way they give these politicians an out almost every time is laughable 

12 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Why did BOJO miss so many COBRA meetings then?

Probably out shagging someone else, now he has another kid around and his partner won't want him touching her now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

EZieCLtWoAMoiLb?format=jpg&name=small

Clearly the situation wasn't serious enough up until this point to warrant his direct attention.

As if Johnson is remotely capable in the first place man. It reads as if the only reason we've not been in sorting this out better is because he's been delegating this stuff away. Now though, the man himself is going to come to the forefront with his expert operational abilities and serious management style.

Give me a fucking break. It's nothing other than outright propaganda and an attempt to draw a line under the abject chaos of what came before. Which, as we know, he was still fucking responsible for.

"Reawakening after a tough old time". Just fuck off.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 3

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/03/covid-19-surgisphere-who-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine

Two of the world’s leading medical journals – the Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine – published studies based on Surgisphere data. The studies were co-authored by the firm’s chief executive, Sapan Desai.

Late on Tuesday, after being approached by the Guardian, the Lancet released an “expression of concern” about its published study. The New England Journal of Medicine has also issued a similar notice.

An independent audit of the provenance and validity of the data has now been commissioned by the authors not affiliated with Surgisphere because of “concerns that have been raised about the reliability of the database”.

The Guardian’s investigation has found:

• A search of publicly available material suggests several of Surgisphere’s employees have little or no data or scientific background. An employee listed as a science editor appears to be a science fiction author and fantasy artist. Another employee listed as a marketing executive is an adult model and events hostess.

• The company’s LinkedIn page has fewer than 100 followers and last week listed just six employees. This was changed to three employees as of Wednesday.

• While Surgisphere claims to run one of the largest and fastest hospital databases in the world, it has almost no online presence. Its Twitter handle has fewer than 170 followers, with no posts between October 2017 and March 2020.

• Until Monday, the “get in touch” link on Surgisphere’s homepage redirected to a WordPress template for a cryptocurrency website, raising questions about how hospitals could easily contact the company to join its database.

• Desai has been named in three medical malpractice suits, unrelated to the Surgisphere database. In an interview with the Scientist, Desai previously described the allegations as “unfounded”.

• In 2008, Desai launched a crowdfunding campaign on the website indiegogo promoting a wearable “next generation human augmentation device that can help you achieve what you never thought was possible”. The device never came to fruition.

• Desai’s Wikipedia page has been deleted following questions about Surgisphere and his history.

Hmmmm :rolleyes:

• Jaysus... 1

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

As if Johnson is remotely capable in the first place man. It reads as if the only reason we've not been in sorting this out better is because he's been delegating this stuff away. Now though, the man himself is going to come to the forefront with his expert operational abilities and serious management style.

Give me a fucking break. It's nothing other than outright propaganda and an attempt to draw a line under the abject chaos of what came before. Which, as we know, he was still fucking responsible for.

"Reawakening after a tough old time". Just fuck off.

More or less what I was going to post. What else could he have been focused on at this time anyway? I know he’s probably doing fuck all, as usual, but it’s the question that needs to be posed to him in light of this ‘news’