Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Just the 359 deaths today then. Up on yesterday (which was high but that was supposed to be due to the weekend catch-up, which sounded like bollocks seeing as it was a Tuesday). And that’s before the effects of the lockdown effectively ending. And Johnson’s whingeing about being scrutinised. 

Edited by Alex

The death rate coming down appears to have stalled and might be increasing. This comes 2 days after Spain announced zero deaths and I also notice today we have surpassed them in deaths per capita. We are the worst large country in the world on this metric bar Belgium, which is a small country anyway and counts deaths more extensively.

Extremely worrying data. Our infection rate is above what it was when lock down was introduced,  and yet we are unlocking lots of stuff. And telling shielded people to get out and about. I just don't get it. Many experts think this will come back with a vengeance in Autumn. Oh fuck. 

• Like 1

Purely as a distraction. Edit, re: Johnson’s support for the US protests 

Edited by Alex

And then we have the farsically late introduction of quarantine when prevalence here is worse than anywhere else in the world? Literally holidaying in Spain would be a protection, if they were mad enough to take us (looks like only Portugal are that desperate). And the fucking insanity of Rees Mogg and the house of commons. And Brexit. We are in serious trouble here. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

And then we have the farsically late introduction of quarantine when prevalence here is worse than anywhere else in the world? Literally holidaying in Spain would be a protection, if they were mad enough to take us (looks like only Portugal are that desperate). And the fucking insanity of Rees Mogg and the house of commons. And Brexit. We are in serious trouble here. 

Aye, but we’ve got Blue Passports, so, fuck you. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

just noticed that excess deaths are +8% in the south west but +41% in the north east. localised lockdowns are around the corner 

Good luck trying to lock down the morons here. Plus I don't remember London getting selectively locked down when it was the hot spot. I'd agree it's the way to go tbh, but we'll be even more fucked over here.

So this spike being about two and a half weeks after VE Day and its pissed-up karaoke parties etc is presumably just a coincidence 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Good luck trying to lock down the morons here. Plus I don't remember London getting selectively locked down when it was the hot spot. I'd agree it's the way to go tbh, but we'll be even more fucked over here.

it blew up in london when the twits in charge still had hard-ons for herd immunity 

Edited by Dr Gloom

The number of new infections is coming down. Except they’ve increased for the third day in a row and are higher than about ten days ago according to the graph they’re using to illustrate that 

• Like 1

Whitty can do one too tbh. If they’re following his advice, it’s resulted in the highest death rate in the world. If they’re not, he’s remained quiet in order to keep his job. 

• Like 1

Aye. He should be bricking it come the inevitable inquest. Plenty of lay people knew Cheltenham etc was a disaster waiting to happen.

A sad Doctor resembling Tintin prematurely aged after watching his dog drown.

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

When Johnson reduces the two metre rule (yes he just said he wants to do that) I hope he runs it past the virus first. 

Why doesn't anyone ask what the fuck all these travellers are coming to the UK for? 

There's no excuse for business reasons or tourism. 

Then why the hell would anyone negotiate an air bridge with one of the worst affected countries? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

20200603_174802.jpg

Black lives matter rally in Belfast by a bunch of stupid cunts. 

We can't even sort getting on with each other over here and they've decided a  gathering during a pandemic about some lad from another country is a good idea

What happened angered me and saddened me but it didn’t bother me as much as 62,000 excess deaths in the UK. 

I think these people need to check their White privilege and stop virtue signalling. Did I get that right, Rayvin? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ant said:

20200603_174802.jpg

Black lives matter rally in Belfast by a bunch of stupid cunts. 

We can't even sort getting on with each other over here and they've decided a  gathering during a pandemic about some lad from another country is a good idea

“Some lad from another country...”

:lol:  Howay man Ant

I mean, I agree with the sentiment but fuck going on a demonstration right now. I don’t even fancy a trip to the supermarket let alone standing shoulder to shoulder with thousands of randoms 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I mean, I agree with the sentiment but fuck going on a demonstration right now. I don’t even fancy a trip to the supermarket let alone standing shoulder to shoulder with thousands of randoms 

Mental, isn’t it?