Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

It's not even the week - it was saying the lockdown was starting on Monday and allowing pubs to have the Friday night - even that icing on the cake stupidity probably killed thousands. 

• Like 3

Can’t get my head around why you have to wear a mask on a virtually empty metro but you can go to the supermarket or, from Monday I think, any number of non-essential shops and not wear one. I think it’s correct but too late regarding public transport but don’t understand the argument it’s ‘safe’ in a retail environment. Also I believe Johnson is doing the briefing today so expect another stupid fucking contradictory announcement that’s meant to boost morale or whatever 

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can’t get my head around why you have to wear a mask on a virtually empty metro but you can go to the supermarket or, from Monday I think, any number of non-essential shops and not wear one.

Pick your favourite contradiction. The importance of exercising in the fresh air has been reiterated throughout this, but it's also fine to have mile-long queues of cars with their engines idling while they wait for their Big Mac and fries. I like that one.

• Haha 3

Don't go to the pub, keep the pubs open springs to mind.

And just there, Johnson stresses outdoor transmission much less risky, next sentence talks about indoor "support bubbles" where people can mix indoors without social distancing. Ffs. 

It’s ok to make comparisons with Europe regarding schools but not with the number of deaths 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

You’d think many people were doing stuff like this anyway, with sensible precautions. By announcing it, it gives the green light for others to go way beyond that, in view of how little respect people now have for the government and their measures 

Edited by Alex

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Johnson is definitely blotto, here 

About £2 a pint in the House of Commons so I’m not surprised. 

(At the tax payers expense obviously)

You've just reminded me that one of my more tangential celebrity encounters is having had a G&T in one of the House of Lords bars while Betty Boothroyd was sat at the next table over. :lol: Sadly I was still a massive pisshead at the time so I don't remember a great deal about it beyond that. (Much like most of the Lords really.) Defiinitely the cheapest round in London anyway. :D 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Lots of suggestions today that social distancing will be reduced to 1m in shops, which basically ends it. Will this mean full stadiums in mid August? 🤔

It would be pretty illogical for that to happen just days after they conceded defeat on schools not reopening fully until September in part because the two-metre rule is incompatible with classroom sizes.

So it'll probably happen.

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

let's have a nice day out at the metro centre

said nobody, ever. 

It’s like a maze of shit shops & dickheads with trousers that don’t fit.