Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

So now we are expected to endure the discomfort of face masks in the office all day. This is 3 months too late and all for show imo. I asked if that implicitly meant we were at risk and if so why can't we work from home? I was told yes, you are at risk and you should work from home. But you're not allowed to work from home so keep coming in and wear a face mask at all times. Honestly, this place is a mad house. 

• Jaysus... 2

It's fecking madness, everything slackening off so the plebs think it's gone away !! Infection rate are same as 16th March evidently, it's going to rocket again just as it has in parts of the US.

I'm not changing what I do in fact will likely me more "safety conscious" as the idiots are out in force.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

So now we are expected to endure the discomfort of face masks in the office all day. This is 3 months too late and all for show imo. I asked if that implicitly meant we were at risk and if so why can't we work from home? I was told yes, you are at risk and you should work from home. But you're not allowed to work from home so keep coming in and wear a face mask at all times. Honestly, this place is a mad house. 

We got an email on Friday to wear face masks but only in clinical areas. What you're being subjected to is ridiculous bordering on pathetic....

1 hour ago, Renton said:

You’re missing the point. Track and trace has started. If someone in your office gets Corona then the whole office needs to self isolate for 14 days. If everyone in the office had a mask on, they don’t need to self isolate.

None of this is about protection of the public. It’s about protection of the economy 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

40 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You’re missing the point. Track and trace has started. If someone in your office gets Corona then the whole office needs to self isolate for 14 days. If everyone in the office had a mask on, they don’t need to self isolate.

None of this is about protection of the public. It’s about protection of the economy 

So wearing a face mask means I don't need to self isolate if I get the call? I hadn't heard that and it's not on any of the information sheets we've received. 

I've taken it off anyway, fuck this. I'll use it when out and about. If the stasi catch me I'll just pretend I'm eating. 

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

So wearing a face mask means I don't need to self isolate if I get the call? I hadn't heard that and it's not on any of the information sheets we've received. 

I've taken it off anyway, fuck this. I'll use it when out and about. If the stasi catch me I'll just pretend I'm eating. 

That’s how my trust are interpreting it. 

No mask if youre sat 2m away from everyone, masks for everyone if keeping 2m away is not possible 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

That’s how my trust are interpreting it. 

No mask if youre sat 2m away from everyone, masks for everyone if keeping 2m away is not possible 

That sounds sensible, and is what I'm going to do. I'm in favour of appropriate use of masks. For some reason, very few people seem to bother with them in supermarkets etc. Wish the government would make it a requirement like they have o  public transport. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

That sounds sensible, and is what I'm going to do. I'm in favour of appropriate use of masks. For some reason, very few people seem to bother with them in supermarkets etc. Wish the government would make it a requirement like they have o  public transport. 

In my team alone we have about 20 staff on shift between 9am-5pm. Given you’re supposed to change your mask when it becomes moist (ie: hourly) we would need 160 masks a day for those that work office hours.

Add another 40 masks for the late shift and night shift staff.

That’s 1400 masks a week the team would go through.

Extrapolate that across the entire hospital and we would run out of masks pretty quickly 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

10 hours ago, ewerk said:

Pubs opening here on 3rd July.

They opened up for drinking (as opposed to eating) last weekend here.  I went past our local and saw a lengthy queue outside mid-afternoon.  I thought that there was little point in queuing then, because anyone who had already got in probably had no intention of leaving before midnight at the earliest :)