Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

It comes back to personal responsibility again though - if I had been going out and about but was told there was a local cluster I'd be more than happy to go back to almost isolation. 

As I've said before it's about respect/fear of the virus rather than obeying rules. 

• Like 1

What exactly is the game here? Cos cases are cases whether you try and hide the true number or not. And they're gonna end up in hospitals and they're gonna become deaths. 

Fucking scandalous though that they're underreporting to this extent. 

Just been to the supermarket. Actually had to tell a bloke to keep his distance as he trying to lean past me to get something. It’s an absolute shit show. Seems to a few people wearing masks but nowhere near a majority. Not sure what was more depressing the long queue of people waiting to get into B&Ms or the even longer queue for the drive through Costa coffee 

The wife hadn't been to a shop since before the lockdown but decided to go to Home Bargains the other day to pick up a few pieces and ended up losing the head in the middle of the shop with some old doll who leant in front of her three times to grab things from the shelf. Needless to say I'll be continuing to do the shopping again for the forseeable.

a majority have all but given up on the distancing down here. funny how quickly it has changed as just a few weeks ago most people were stepping aside into the road for to make space for each other. polls suggested people weren't fatigued of lockdown and would have been happy to do more for longer, but when you're repeatedly told the economy is reopening, it's safer outdoors while pubs, cinemas and restaurants are reopening for business, it's easy to see why fear has eased. we'll have to see whether this bites us on the arse but trying to save summer feels like a massive roll of the dice to me, which could backfire if we end up with another national lockdown.

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just been to the supermarket. Actually had to tell a bloke to keep his distance as he trying to lean past me to get something. It’s an absolute shit show. Seems to a few people wearing masks but nowhere near a majority. Not sure what was more depressing the long queue of people waiting to get into B&Ms or the even longer queue for the drive through Costa coffee 

A big shoutout to the bloke in ALDI who picked up every single packet of sausages, looking for the best date. Did I fuck go near them, he looked a right scruffy bastard.

Aye, but what about the person who got there before you?

A couple of weeks ago I saw an old woman coughing directly on the fresh veg. Still see people spitting on the pavement too. Minging. 

33 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The wife hadn't been to a shop since before the lockdown but decided to go to Home Bargains the other day to pick up a few pieces and ended up losing the head in the middle of the shop with some old doll who leant in front of her three times to grab things from the shelf. Needless to say I'll be continuing to do the shopping again for the forseeable.

That old wife will be sleeping with the potatoes tbs. 

• Haha 3

I've just ordered a couple of sexy masks for me and the wife. Haven't felt the need during lockdown but now that people are being completely reckless cunts it's time for me to cover up this beautiful thing. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

What exactly is the game here? Cos cases are cases whether you try and hide the true number or not. And they're gonna end up in hospitals and they're gonna become deaths. 

Fucking scandalous though that they're underreporting to this extent. 

Fucking scandalous that this isn’t reported by The Tory Propaganda Channel BBC. 

Although neither are remotely surprising. 

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

It's remarkable how often it is the old dears who just don't get the social distancing thing, especially as they are supposed to be the most at risk. 

Although now we are starting to see more and more 20's and 30's getting the disease, because they still think they can't get it.

22 hours ago, NJS said:

No, data you have which you have to share is less valuable - its a contract sweetener. 

Yes, of course. I hadn’t thought about it like that. 

I see that there have been exactly zero fines for people breaching quarantine rules. Either the public are being incredibly obedient or no one is bothering to enforce the law.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We're still well ahead of them in the deaths per capita rankings.

not for long, you wouldn't have thought. they just had their biggest number of daily confirmed cases. at least ours have plateaued.

i heard fauci comparing the US to europe, where around 95% of things were locked down. in the us, even in the more strict states, it was only something like 50% - they have completely fucked it over there

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I see that there have been exactly zero fines for people breaching quarantine rules. Either the public are being incredibly obedient or no one is bothering to enforce the law.

That must be why the government said they wouldn’t be paying back any of the fines.