Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

In no way, shape or form is there going to be a spike in cases again with 6 million people heading to the pubs tonight 

It's just a matter of time before we get pictures and videos of drunks in a pub all huddled together and chocka block bozzers spilling out in the streets for the ritual saturday night fights.

Hasn’t read the diary but he’s seen the film. Incidentally Tooj messaged me at about 12 to say there’d already been police vans at the Beacon at West Monkseaton. Which, if you’ve never been, isn’t even a rough pub. 

• Haha 1

About half the pubs on my local high street are still closed. Lots of the restaurants still doing open hatch takeaway instead of indoor dining. Not exactly the grand reopening we were led to believe. Plenty of people in the pubs that were open 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Hasn’t read the diary but he’s seen the film. Incidentally Tooj messaged me at about 12 to say there’d already been police vans at the Beacon at West Monkseaton. Which, if you’ve never been, isn’t even a rough pub. 

There were bouncers on the door of the Scotsman from lunchtime today- if anywhere lercal is going to kick off, it’ll be there. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

When you consider the state of men’s toilets in pubs all over the town, it’s fucking incredible that there’s are by far the worst. Fucking manky

The bogs in the garter are a nightmare just going down the stairs. I've never been able to get away with the place, tbh. Last two times I've been close to having bother in a bar have been in the Bee hovel, once with the missus years ago just before we had some scran nearby and on black eye Friday about a decade ago. 

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

About half the pubs on my local high street are still closed. Lots of the restaurants still doing open hatch takeaway instead of indoor dining. Not exactly the grand reopening we were led to believe. Plenty of people in the pubs that were open 

Went for a run round your way earlier with a bunch of lads and lasses from a Peckham boxing club. We felt a little out of place. :lol: But aye, both there and here, there seem to be bigger queues for the barbers than any of the boozers.

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

There was a pic on the wife's Facebook of two police meat vans outside of the queen's head in Wallsend which surprises me not a jot. :lol:

:lol:
I used to buy duty-free baccy and half an ounce of “Moroccan Oregano” over the bar at the Queens when I lived in Wallsend. 

• Haha 2

Well, I've been out for a family meal at Davantis Classico in Tynemouth this afternoon. We had a few things to celebrate we'd missed recently. It was fine,  very enjoyable, they had the distancing done perfectly. Walked back through the village, some pubs were still shut. The Salutation packed with queues outside and no social distancing at all inside.

The problem with turning all the taps on at once is when the place floods, you don't know what tap caused it. IMO restaurants should have opened first today, with a 3 week break if everything was okay before pubs reopening. Now if there's a spike, everything will have to close. Complete incompetence as usual. 

• Like 3