Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I found the cunt on twitter who's chopped his card up. He's spent the last few months moaning about going into lockdown as well. So he's watched the govt build a pile of corpses by doing nothing, went mental when they finally slowed down the rate of deaths, and now they're looking to belatedly reduce transmission, it's all got too much for him. Cunt. 

He's a barrister btw. Wears a nana wig and robes for a living but the face mask is too much. 

• Jaysus... 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Agree with the first bit and the ridiculous inertia of those in charge. The second bit suggests a level of competence (for want of a better word) and planning that’s simply not there with this government. They’ve absolutely winged it from day one. Add in a liberal dollop of we know better than the rest of the world and you have the absolute shitstorm that looks like it’s going to rage on for a good while yet. 

Re my second bit, it didn't need any level of competence IMO, just the "it only kills old/sick people which is great" so we don't need to do anything (lazy win win) mindset, fits perfectly with Johnson's "why do anything when I can do nothing, because I'm a feckless lazy twat" persona, anything done afterwards has indeed been "winged" usually only when either forced or shamed into it. 

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Re my second bit, it didn't need any level of competence IMO, just the "it only kills old/sick people which is great" so we don't need to do anything (lazy win win) mindset, fits perfectly with Johnson's "why do anything when I can do nothing, because I'm a feckless lazy twat" persona, anything done afterwards has indeed been "winged" usually only when either forced or shamed into it. 

It’s possible like. I mean who knows with this lot? IMO once they realised how many people could die the herd immunity / let a few pensioners die went out the window. They just failed miserably in trying to save lives. Inexcusable either way though 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

In lighter news, I have finally got a haircut. Was mad seeing my barber with a full visor on. Was like getting my hair cut by Darth Vader.

Luke, I am your barber 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Blacking up: Okay

Wearing a face mask while you pop into the shop: monstrous imposition

Tbf Hancock's response was canny funny.

But Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the Government had tried to balance public health needs with the “ancient liberties of a gentleman to go shopping”.

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

Blacking up: Okay

Wearing a face mask while you pop into the shop: monstrous imposition

One of my (thick) cousins posted this on Facebook today. He also said that if my Nan was still alive she would be disgusted at how much of a snowflake nation we have become. Apparently missing the irony that her disgust wouldn’t last long as she’d probably catch COVID in a shop and die 

• Like 3