Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

One of my (thick) cousins posted this on Facebook today. He also said that if my Nan was still alive she would be disgusted at how much of a snowflake nation we have become. Apparently missing the irony that her disgust wouldn’t last long as she’d probably catch COVID in a shop and die 

And the irony of taking offence at being asked to be altruistic. That’s about as snowflakey as it gets 

Edited by Alex

Emergency measures introduced in Blackburn to prevent a Leicester-style lock down... including asking people to bump elbows in place of handshakes and hugs with those outside their immediate family.

Hasn't "no physical contact at all" been the guidance for months now? :dunno:

9 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Emergency measures introduced in Blackburn to prevent a Leicester-style lock down... including asking people to bump elbows in place of handshakes and hugs with those outside their immediate family.

Hasn't "no physical contact at all" been the guidance for months now? :dunno:

That’s the memo wor lass got anyway 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Sonatine said:

You just know that's 100% true :lol: 

And ‘#AllLivesMatter’

Edited by Alex

The other problem with stuff like that is that it gives fuel to the anti-mask lot because it undermines the message that masks work. 

Johnson was made to look a total cunt at PMQs again today but what use is that when we've got another 4 years of this shit.

• Like 1

At what level of ineptitude does it become nationally urgent for us to remove them from power by force? I'd say that if you'd asked me that 10 years ago, we'd be there or thereabouts. The slow boiling frog perspective is killing us.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

They are literally going to endanger workers in takeaways in order to avoid making Michael Gove look bad. That's where we're at.

You’d hope some sort of alliance of businesses would come together to protect these workers but I doubt it’ll happen 

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

They are literally going to endanger workers in takeaways in order to avoid making Michael Gove look bad. That's where we're at.

I don't get this. Gove was photographed not wearing a mask in Pret, but you don't have to wear a mask in any shop yet do you? So no reason not to introduce them into takeaways at the same time as shops? Not doing so doesn't make sense on any level to me. 

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't get this. Gove was photographed not wearing a mask in Pret, but you don't have to wear a mask in any shop yet do you? So no reason not to introduce them into takeaways at the same time as shops? Not doing so doesn't make sense on any level to me. 

Because of what he was saying about it being good manners and common sense, or words to that effect, about people wearing them in shops. This was before it was announced it was going to be made compulsory in shops. A move he also appeared to oppose going off his comments. So you’re right in that it makes no sense from a scientific/ public health POV. They’ve just excluded one of the types of business that it definitely should apply to to save Gove from being called out as a hypocrite who lacks common sense or any sense of public duty. Not sure why they’ve suddenly started given a shit about that either. Maybe Cummings has him lined up to be the next puppet leader of the country 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

Because of what he was saying about it being good manners and common sense, or words to that effect, about people wearing them in shops. This was before it was announced it was going to be made compulsory in shops. A move he also appeared to oppose going off his comments. So you’re right in that it makes no sense from a scientific/ public health POV. They’ve just excluded one of the types of business that it definitely should apply to to save Gove from being called out as a hypocrite who lacks common sense or any sense of public duty. Not sure why they’ve suddenly started given a shit about that either. Maybe Cummings has him lined up to be the next puppet leader of the country 

Ahh, I wasn't really aware of his comments. Good old common sense again.

Completely off topic, but I was thinking what a bunch of Nazi twats this lot are, literally, cos I reckon they would fit into the third Reich perfectly. Anyway, I think they match up quite closely with Hitler's circle. I've got:

Gove - Goebbles. Master of propaganda. Gove really does remind me of him. 

Patel - Himmler. Head of the SS, genocidal maniac. Dangerous.

Johnson - Goering. Fat, bombastic, narcissistic, alcoholic cunt. 

Cummings - Hitler. The mastermind, pure evil.

Giving Sunak the benefit of the doubt for now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Ahh, I wasn't really aware of his comments. Good old common sense again.

Completely off topic, but I was thinking what a bunch of Nazi twats this lot are, literally, cos I reckon they would fit into the third Reich perfectly. Anyway, I think they match up quite closely with Hitler's circle. I've got:

Gove - Goebbles. Master of propaganda. Gove really does remind me of him. 

Patel - Himmler. Head of the SS, genocidal maniac. Dangerous.

Johnson - Goering. Fat, bombastic, narcissistic, alcoholic cunt. 

Cummings - Hitler. The mastermind, pure evil.

Giving Sunak the benefit of the doubt for now. 

It’s a little known historical fact that Hitler only invaded Poland to test his eyesight.

• Haha 4

Very good news on the Oxford vaccine. Phase II trials have shown a good antibody and T cell response. Awaiting results of phase III trials now, whether it works in practice,  but I really can't see why it wouldn't. Genuinely think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Also I've seen the figures for our trust, very few cases of coronavirus now. It is well under control for now.

Edited by Renton

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

Very good news on the Oxford vaccine. Phase II trials have shown a good antibody and T cell response. Awaiting results of phase III trials now, whether it works in practice,  but I really can't see why it wouldn't. Genuinely think there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Also I've seen the figures for our trust, very few cases of coronavirus now. It is well under control for now.

Blyme. This is like CT being positive about the takeover - I'm immediately suspicious.

• Haha 2