Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

20 hours ago, Alex said:

I’ve noticed more people lately in the supermarket either not wearing masks properly or not bothering at all. As for that flight it’s probably the norm but has only come to attention after the positive tests 

People not wearing them over their nose on the bus to graft is winding me right up now. How thick do you have to be?

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

People not wearing them over their nose on the bus to graft is winding me right up now. How thick do you have to be?

I think some people do it on purpose although I have little doubt many are thick as fuck. And the two aren’t mutually exclusive 

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

If you want to avoid twatful behaviour, I would recommend not spending any time in pubs. 

Beer gardens are one of the pleasures of summer. I think they're safe enough. Now summer is over however I'll give pubs a miss. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Beer gardens are one of the pleasures of summer. I think they're safe enough. Now summer is over however I'll give pubs a miss. 

Exactly this my son was in "the local" on Sunday afternoon and he said it was just like the old days, no distancing, nowt.

Once weather is too shit for beer gardens, I'll be a home drinker

Ive never been in a pub since it all started, you couldn't pay me to go in one if I'm honest.

You'll have people in pubs every day, coughing and splurting all over the place and never get the virus. 

Knowing my luck, I'll pop in for a pint and catch it straight away. 

Not worth it. 

Been past a couple of local pubs loads of times recently when walking the dogs and at one of them you can see right in and it’s definitely business as usual. I saw about 10 people sat round one table all next to each other. I wouldn’t mind but it’s absolutely fucking shite. 

Job retention scheme changes from today

Companies using the government's coronavirus furlough scheme are now having to contribute to workers' wages.

Since March, the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme has paid 80% of the wages of workers placed on leave, up to a maximum of £2,500 a month.

But now that is going down to 70%, with the employer paying 10%.

When the scheme ends (31st oct) i think thousands of workers will be made redundant.

In Germany their scheme is running for two years to save jobs. 

Campaigners representing families whose loved ones have died from coronavirus have accused Prime Minister Boris Johnson of being "heartless" in declining to meet with them.

Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice said it wrote to Mr Johnson five times to request a meeting.

Asked by reporters about the letters, the PM said he would "of course" meet anyone bereaved by Covid-19.

But days later he wrote to the group to say he was "unable" to meet them.

The group, which says it represents 1,600 families, said it was "devastated" to receive the letter, which it has made public.

I hope the media don't let go of this one and force him into a suitably humiliating u-turn and embarrassing meeting with the people whose loved ones may well have died because of his ineptitude. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m sure I’m not alone in being so surprised to find out that he’s a fucking coward. 

He should be sent a white feather for every death. 

What a cracking idea !!

Preferably dusted with anthrax or the like

Edited by Toonpack

went to a boozer near borough market this evening. it was surprisingly busy but they seemed to have it pretty well organised - well distanced tables, staff all in masks, table service through an app that was swift - much quicker than queuing in the bar would have been pre-covid. i was starting to think, yeah - i could get used to this. felt almost normal....until i went for a piss. there were only half the number of urinals open - understandably to allow for distancing. the flip side being there was a scrum of people backed up in the bogs waiting for a piss. i took one look at a scene that was starting to resemble a football ground toilet on match day then swiftly fucked off home after just one pint.