Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

57 minutes ago, Alex said:

That advertising campaign will have cost the taxpayer an absolute fortune as well. Any links between the agency used and senior members of the Tory party will be purely coincidental 

Fucking hell, they've nationalised Dettol?

😉

They’d be all the wrong contracts though, that’s how the government works.

”yeh Dettol yeh? You’ve got shares....no....yeah.....& just give em £1bn of a border patrol contract, anyway got to go pal, need to talk to a McDonald’s about a PPE contract”

6 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Anyone noticed the discarded single use face masks just chucked away along with the rest of the litter

How people can be so lazy is beyond me, just put it in the fucking bin FFS ! 

Yeah loads of them. I’m out walking the dogs all the time and the amount of litter in general disgusts me tbh 

• Like 1

I’m sort of coming to the conclusion that a nuclear winter wouldn’t be so bad.

Admittedly I have a small family, so apart from dying myself I would lose probably 6 people I care about so not too bad in the grand scale of things.

Would maybe allow the planet to reset itself.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not sure how many people would need to be in my local Aldi for the traffic light system they have on the door to be on red. 

Just shy of how many were in the room Johnson was briefing to the other day.

• Like 1

Took the bairns football training at wallsend this morning and there was a bloke there, outdoors, stood nowhere near anyone, wearing a mask but not over his nose. I mean, what the fuck is that? 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Tom said:

I seen about 5 people going into shops without masks yesterday.

Probably not realising that the mask is to protect others from them. Selfish pricks.

I think they realise 

A great way of explaining how covid -19 spreads

"What we are dealing with is a giant tube of glitter. You open a tube of glitter in your basement then two weeks later you are in the attic and all you find is glitter and have no idea how it got there," Maine CDC Director Dr. Nirav Shah said on August 25.

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Almost 3000 new cases yesterday. We appear to be facing exponential rise again. Universities go back next week. I think we're in trouble. 

What do you attribute the lower death rate to?  It's so small compared to the initial peak. The numbers on ventilators are small too.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

There's a 4 week lag on average between diagnosis and death. Also the large majority of cases now are in the young who are much less affected. The infection rate has tripled in 2 weeks which is concerning considering there willl be thousands of students going back to University from high risk places, not to mention schools going back, winter coming, and the flu season starting.

The death rate will go up, but nowhere near as high as begore imo. But life can't get back to normal. 

I still don't see how anyone can dismiss the idea that this was deliberate by China. They've seemingly eradicated it quickly and effectively and after silencing any early whistleblowers. It's surfaced just a few years after their last novel coronavirus and disproportionately effected their biggest economic rivals, whose president is hostile towards them and is up for reelection soon. 

• Haha 2