Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

46 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Younger people have stronger immune systems than older but the Spanish Flu was wiping them out disproportionately wasn't it? Or have I misremembered that? 

Strangely enough, different viruses behave differently. Even within the flu family. But this isn't flu, it's an animal coronavirus.

More @Rayvin than you, cos you are now down the rabbit hole, how do you think the state killed Dr Li? Because his death very much looked like it was from covid 19. He wasn't killed instantly, he would have had time to say if he was ambushed and injected with a lethal dose. Did he say anything at all to back up your claims he was murdered? 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Strangely enough, different viruses behave differently. Even within the flu family. But this isn't flu, it's an animal coronavirus.

More @Rayvin than you, cos you are now down the rabbit hole, how do you think the state killed Dr Li? Because his death very much looked like it was from covid 19. He wasn't killed instantly, he would have had time to say if he was ambushed and injected with a lethal dose. Did he say anything at all to back up your claims he was murdered? 

That's what I was getting at man. In response to Tom saying that it was as simple as women having stronger immune systems.

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well they'd have had access to that stuff by the vialful :)

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

They arrested him and he "died in their care". Honestly I wouldn't have put it past them to have watched him get infected and then simply observe him die from it without intervention. Speaking out against the CCP is bad for your health in China - this is a country and harvests the organs of political dissidents after all.

I do note that after this death they decided to brand him a brave hero rather than a dissident. I broadly suspect that he was probably at best "allowed to die" by local Chinese officials seeking to protect themselves from criticism. We'll never know of course but China hasn't done much to warrant a great deal of faith.

Edited by Rayvin

Wouldn’t it make sense to design a virus that did target the young and healthy rather than the old and those with long standing health issues? Seems odd disproportionately attacking BME people too in a bid to overthrow the western hegemony ;)

Edited by Alex

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

She only claims the Chinese government were aware of it before they said they were, not that it’s a man-made virus. 

No she doesn't. She directly links it to a military lab that was recklessly experimenting on bat coronaviruses

39 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Did you ever get to try the all-you-can-eat buffet here?

_V4C0625.jpg

Ah, Poon's!

As featured in a 2015 excerpt from the secret diary. :D (🎵Mammaries! light the corners of my mind, misty water-coloured mammeries....🎶)

The secret diary of Lee Ryder aged 44 and a half.

31/03/2015

Well, just when it goes quiet around the roller coaster ride of NUFC then along comes a derby, the financial results and an unexpected interview with a Toon legend. Ah was nipping into Gosforth for a lunch time special chinkees at Poons which Eddie Eats had recommended to me the other day in the Thomson house bait room. It's not often that the fat cunt turns his nose up at any kind of bait but even he seemed to be drooling at their Hot & Spicy Chicken with Chilli & Sesame Oil with a portion of fried rice and prawn crackers. She-who-must-be-fed, (or Mrs Eats to you and me), had Sweet & Sour King Prawns. Ah was obviously going to ask for mine to have extra chilli on as the Ryder has everything extra hot on account of not being a puff. Anyways, as ah was walking down Gossy High street ah heard a Spanish sounding voice say, "No! It's NOL-berto SOL-ano, not NOR-berto SOR-ano" to a confused looking fan who couldn't pronounce Nobby's moniker. Right enough, it was our old trumpet playing Peruvian hero of yesteryear. "How! Nobby!" ah shouted ower the road. "Can ah have a quick chat, mate? It's Lee! Lee Ryder of the Chronicle! You remember me, mate?" Nobby said aye he did and agreed to have a quick chat, ah quickly said ah'd get to the other side of the road but Nobby said ah was already ON the other side of the road before chuckling to himself. Great craic as ever from the Nobmeister. He ended up going into Poons with me but just had a bottle of Tsingtao beer as he'd already had dinner. Ah was halfway through me scran when Nobby said the Toon would have to spend the new profits they'd announced on players as the team was "leetle bit sheet, Senor Ryder". Ah'd completely missed the news about the profits but Peru's finest export was filling me in on the details which yet again just showed how vital it was having the right contacts and one of the reasons some of us won journalistic awards and some of us named Cameron, Edwards or Caulkin, err, didn't, lol. Ah quickly buzzed Cams when ah went forra piss and he confirmed the story and said he was going to do piece on it whilst ah telt him ah'd get the legends take on it as well making up a 'five players we can buy with the £18M' write up. Poor Cams would get the boring accountant stuff, ah'd get the Legend/player speculation story which ah knew forra fact me loyal readers would lap up far more than the Maths geek shite Cams was getting stuck with. Fuck me diary, ah was only going forra chinkees yet ah got an unexpected NUFC gold plated story handed on a fine China plate! Ah was ganna do a piece on derbies of the past and give Micky Quinn a bell for some quotes but as ah was ahead of the game ah thought ah'd save it for the morra and head off down the club instead forra a few post scran bevvies and a game of Jimmy Juker instead, aye diary, up there for thinking, doon there for dancing! The boy Ryder, keeping one step firmly ahead of the rest! Laters.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 4

Does anyone know what the current restrictions are anyway? Fucked if I do. I’ve been pretty careful but it seems like most people have gone back to normal. Also, you can’t meet more than 6 people but you can spend 4 hours on a flight to Turkey with 200 others. I expect the pubs are staying open too? Honestly, you couldn’t make this shit up 

• Like 1