Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I got an email from my daughter’s school today saying a pupil had been tested positive for C19, but it’s ok for her go to school on Monday because the kid wasn’t in her “bubble”.…

… which is fucking hilarious considering the amount fannys losing their shit and keyboard warrioring when she came back from her cancelled ski trip. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I’m in York tonight. Every pub and restaurant is packed with zero social distancing or mask wearing. I give it 4 weeks before we are back to square one 

Sounds like a shambles 

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: you in any of them? Or just looking through the windows?

It’s come to something on here when a lad can’t go to York and pick up a delivery of used knickers without getting the piss taken mercilessly. 

• Haha 7

56 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Chinese virologist who fled to US vows to PROVE coronavirus is manmade

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/gdRiHU

Sent via @updayUK

Why would she have any more of an insight into this than other scientists? It's not like she's claiming to have escaped the lab with this information, she's claiming she can identify it from the genome sequence. If thats true, why has every other scientist in the world missed it?

If she gets her work past peer review I'll treat it seriously. The idea that she's intending to release the information so that laymen can understand it is concerning  - means she can just create a narrative that vaguely looks like it fits, release it to the public and it'll be swallowed whole without any scrutiny.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 3

Just what are the exemptions from wearing a mask? From my latest supermarket trip it appears to be fat charvas and roid heads 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just what are the exemptions from wearing a mask? From my latest supermarket trip it appears to be fat charvas and roid heads 

• children under the age of 11 (Public Health England do not recommended face coverings for children under the age of 3 for health and safety reasons)
  • people who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
  • employees of indoor settings (or people acting on their behalf, such as someone leading part of a prayer service) or transport workers - although employers may consider their use where appropriate and where other mitigations are not in place, in line with COVID-19 Secure guidelines
  • police officers and other emergency workers, given that this may interfere with their ability to serve the public
  • where putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
  • if you are speaking to or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate
  • to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others - including if it would negatively impact on your ability to exercise or participate in a strenuous activity
  • Like 1