Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

You surely also have to factor in how you can’t get a test in lots of cases and the subsequent failure to trace those who’ve been in contact with those who have tested positive 

The fact they weren't allowed to answer questions is bullshit. Giving a "we're pretty fucked" lecture then just walking off stage. Clearly a political decision to avoid a situation where they say something negative about the handling or something that might disagree with the govt. 

I’ve seen so many people arrogantly walking about without a mask or writing Facebook posts saying “it’s just flu” etc etc that I can’t help but feel the “we’re fucked” message will fall on deaf ears.

It’s literally the same thing happening again and they’re going to delay taking action, just like last time. I know the economy is their No.1 priority but it’s better to take a small hit now than another huge one in a month.

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’s literally the same thing happening again and they’re going to delay taking action, just like last time. I know the economy is their No.1 priority but it’s better to take a small hit now than another huge one in a month.

3 weeks late locking down last time. They cant afford to wait another 3 weeks this time. 

1 hour ago, trooper said:

3 weeks late locking down last time. They cant afford to wait another 3 weeks this time. 

We weren't even locked down properly at all, even at the start (and 3 weeks late), I work with French and Spanish folks, they locked down properly and it was enforced, but as soon as they started to open up again, it turns to shit, and they by and large adhered to the rules or got a slap and a fine off the coppers.

Significant lump of population hardly abided by the rules first time, that "fuck it" lump got bigger after Cummings bullshit, no chance those who took the piss first time around aren't goin to do same again especially as the Covidiot conspiracies/anti-mask bollocks has gained traction.

• Like 1

I’ve just seen a tubby, middle-aged bald bloke (no, not me, fuck off!) strolling in to Sainsbury’s without a mask, looking for people to challenge him.…

The bloke is in one of the highest risk groups.…

At 3:15pm, when the place is flooded with minging, infected school kids.…

What a rebel. 

• Jaysus... 1

25 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

They're the enlightened ones though, we're just sheeples or something.  Stupid twats :nono: 

This.

One in my local who keeps sending me "you must watch this" videos through fecking messenger

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve seen a few blokes doing it. Walking as if they’re going into a bar fight.

They should be getting fined but nobody holds them to account.

That's what's needed, main shops should employ security, no mask, no get in. In France the Polis do it, that said they don't have the same population level of arsehole coefficient as we do.

It's unbelievable the difference down here to even just up in the Borders

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

This.

One in my local who keeps sending me "you must watch this" videos through fecking messenger

Oh yeah, got them at work.  They "think for themselves" then repeat some drivel a grifter on youtube uploaded.  I've given up on them :jesuswept: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I’ve seen a few blokes doing it. Walking as if they’re going into a bar fight.

They should be getting fined but nobody holds them to account.

I have done, a few times- asked them if they’re not going to wear a mask to keep their fucking distance from me,  and yes, I say “fucking distance”. 

So far, they’ve all mumbled off looking sheepish, but that might be because I can look a bit radge when needed. :lol:

This time, I wasn’t in the shop, and was waiting to meet my laddie from school, so I couldn’t be arsed. :dunno: 

10 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

That's what's needed, main shops should employ security, no mask, no get in. In France the Polis do it, that said they don't have the same population level of arsehole coefficient as we do.

It's unbelievable the difference down here to even just up in the Borders

They’ve set the precedent now though with the medical exemptions which don’t actually require any evidence. Then the coppers moaned about enforcing it in advance and half the shops said they wouldn’t. Typical of the pathetic half baked government policy throughout which had resulted in more deaths and greater economic fallout than was anywhere near necessary. It’s ridiculous. If you’re a severe asthmatic then get a home delivery or click and collect. It’s a fucking national crises. That trip to B&M really isn’t that necessary. If it was compulsory and enforced with strict penalties I think you’d suddenly find a lot of people were able to wear masks. And don’t get me fucking started on the cunts who wear one that doesn’t cover their nose 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 5

Earlier in the 1st lockdown, most/all of the supermarkets round me had security guards monitoring numbers of customers in and out of them. 

Should be easy enough to put the same blokes on the doors and turn away the maskless Freedom Fighters. 

Funny how the same blokes who managed to stride around shouting their lungs out about filthy foreigners,  like this…

NCoqeywqkQwLvGd4LjPPNxD8Am6N151yfts7-I59

… suddenly can’t breathe when they’re buying 6 cans of Carling with one on. 

• Like 3