Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Just now, Alex said:

There’s definitely a strong correlation between racists and anti-maskers like 

Gammons/Brexiteers = Anti Mask arseholes, and ironically (or not) they're the fuckers who've been conned by the biggest "conspiracy" in fucking ages.

• Like 4

Just now, Toonpack said:

Gammons/Brexiteers = Anti Mask arseholes, and ironically (or not) they're the fuckers who've been conned by the biggest "conspiracy" in fucking ages.

Exactly. And they’ll still probably do what they’re told at the next election, when the targeted Russian-funded ads and memes on Facebook tell them who to vote (or not to vote) for. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Exactly. And they’ll still probably do what they’re told at the next election, when the targeted Russian-funded ads and memes on Facebook tell them who to vote (or not to vote) for. 

I am seriously concerned there may not be a fair "next election" as we know them (FPP is inherently undemocratic anyway) the way they're changing the laws and all these "special powers"

• Like 2

BREAKING: Alert level for UK should be increased

The Joint Biosecurity Centre has recommended the Covid-19 alert level for the UK be increased to Level 4, meaning transmission of the virus is “high or rising exponentially”, the UK’s chief medical officers have said.

2 minutes ago, trooper said:

BREAKING: Alert level for UK should be increased

The Joint Biosecurity Centre has recommended the Covid-19 alert level for the UK be increased to Level 4, meaning transmission of the virus is “high or rising exponentially”, the UK’s chief medical officers have said.

Oh no, does this mean we can still go on buses but not meet our family? 
Or is it that we can go to an office with 50+ people but can’t have more than 15 for a funeral? 

Fuck it, I’m off to the pub before they shut them next week. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Oh no, does this mean we can still go on buses but not meet our family? 
Or is it that we can go to an office with 50+ people but can’t have more than 15 for a funeral? 

Fuck it, I’m off to the pub before they shut them next week. 

Same. I’m going on Wednesday. Might be the last chance for a while 

55 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Same. I’m going on Wednesday. Might be the last chance for a while 

I’m hoping to fit in a Champions League match and a massive horse racing festival before the urgent emergency measures are in place. 
I’m shit-out-of-luck if I want to sit in my mother’s garden for a coffee though… ;)

It’s weird because I can now only see one of my friends at work, when we’re normally hanging out a lot socially.

So we couldn’t go for a socially distanced walk but we could share an office. 

It’s all about the money. They’ve only said grandparents can look after kids so that people still go to work. But, if it’s like last time (and the government certainly appears to be repeating past mistakes) then it’ll do more economic damage in the long term anyway. Particularly to the hospitality sector they’re trying to protect. 

You can't do lab work, hospital attachments, art work etc. online tbf. Most courses will have some activities that can't be done remotely.

But anyway denying students social interaction is denying them at least half the point of university, I do feel sorry for them. I dont have any answers unfortunately. 

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

You can't do lab work, hospital attachments, art work etc. online tbf. Most courses will have some activities that can't be done remotely.

But anyway denying students social interaction is denying them at least half the point of university, I do feel sorry for them. I dont have any answers unfortunately. 

You want answers?

I want the truth!

10 hours ago, Ant said:

Wish they'd have locked everything down properly, the local lockdown rules here are fucking stupid. 

Households locked down but I can go to footy training (I haven't). If I wanted with 80 other people and play a friendly this Saturday vs people from multiple postcodes and backgrounds 

My ma can't come to my house but I can meet her in Costa no problem if I choose. 

Lack of gym/footy is starting to get to me mind, no outlet from work stress which is brexit and incessant, no drive to/from work to clear my head etc

But my WhatsApp group chats are nonstop with lads sorting out training and friendlies etc I know it's not worth the risk going back and I've not got complacent but I can see why alot of people have

Playing football, assuming it’s outdoors, sounds pretty low risk. 

The gym, I’m less convinced about. I haven’t been since March. 

If only there'd been clear and comprehensive rules for the various levels of the pandemic from the start. We'd have known what to do from the start, it's at 2 you can do xyz, it's at 3 you can do abc all they'd need to do is publish the levels.

Making it up as they go along (and all the backtracks) has worked so well

Oh aye make masks mandatory at shops etc, and clamp on it hard with on the spot fines/no-entry, short term security/labour intensive but it wouldn't take long for it to sink in.

Friends have just come back from Turkey (rather them than me going through an airport/abroad like) and papers to fill in on flight, where they were staying etc handed in at immigration/visa desk, temperature check as they entered terminal, came home and absolutely nowt on return !!!!

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

Whitty & Valance told us yesterday were this is probably going without swift action now. So Boris delays  for a further 24 hours before he's going to say. We'll shut the pubs at 10 o clock. Without saying it Whitty & Valance were telling us we needed a full Lockdown now. Not something half arsed like shutting pubs at 10. It's a pathetic response for purely economic reasons. They upped the Level to 4 yesterday & the response is shut the pubs at 10 you couldnt make it up 

Edited by trooper

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Advice has changed to wfh if you can. Why the fuck this was changed in the first place is beyond me

To get people to spend money on fuel, coffee, public transport, sandwiches etc. Plus landlords can’t indefinitely charge money for empty office space