Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'd be surprised if many abide by that guidance tbh. What made people sit up and listen last time was the severity of the measures, this is more of a mild 'well we'd like you to do this'.

I think Johnson will outline stiffer penalties tonight. And perhaps incentives to grass up your neighbours etc...

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

sweat, lads spitting beside you as they run, obviously marking/tackling them, it's not just the training, we've literal matches being played since aug while they wait for league decisions on a start date.

i was getting a bit fed up and went up to watch one of our teams other week cause the lads keep texting me about when i'll be back so thought i'd catch up with them since i'd seen nobody outside my family really since march. 

They were swapping tops mid match with rolling subs because it was a friendly and they'd not enough kits, lads pissing at the side of the pitch and dandering back on, sharing water bottles etc, it's nuts that they've let amateur sports back at all with the only restriction being "no changing facilities" really.

swapping tops and sharing bottles obviously isn't the smartest idea but the actual risk of transmission from playing team sports, in the open air, is really quite low. in london, you had thousands of people crammed together outdoors like sardines for the BLM marches, and there was no spike in cases. Numbers have only picked up again since the schools reopened and after a summer of people gathering indoors in pubs and restaurants.

so it's a calculated risk - you have to weigh it up against what being stuck at home every day is doing to your mental health. 

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

my mums no immune system and the OH is on the vuln list so it's more the risk to them than it is to me

it's obviously a highly personal decision and extreme caution is completely understandable in your case. 

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

swapping tops and sharing bottles obviously isn't the smartest idea but the actual risk of transmission from playing team sports, in the open air, is really quite low. in london, you had thousands of people crammed together outdoors like sardines for the BLM marches, and there was no spike in cases. Numbers have only picked up again since the schools reopened and after a summer of people gathering indoors in pubs and restaurants.

so it's a calculated risk - you have to weigh it up against what being stuck at home every day is doing to your mental health. 

or maybe the rise in cases is to do with seasonality of what it is?  Coronavirus from what I have read over the past months do start to rise at this time of year.

It's all fucking bollocks.  This cunt and his mate are going to extend the emergency measures and it's like living with Kim Jong-un.  It's Orwellian.

In August Covid was the 24th largest killer.  TWENTY FUCKING FOURTH.  Yet we're fucking locking down further.  Causing more issues with other health areas. 

My old man in Jan had a problem with his heart.  12 weeks to see a cardiologist.  Then this hit.  Still not seen a cardiologist.  He fucking dropped dead last Weds.  This cunts in charge have fucking blood on their hands.  Absolute despicable cunts.

Funny how you don't hear about Sweden now eh? 

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

or maybe the rise in cases is to do with seasonality of what it is?  Coronavirus from what I have read over the past months do start to rise at this time of year.

It's all fucking bollocks.  This cunt and his mate are going to extend the emergency measures and it's like living with Kim Jong-un.  It's Orwellian.

In August Covid was the 24th largest killer.  TWENTY FUCKING FOURTH.  Yet we're fucking locking down further.  Causing more issues with other health areas. 

My old man in Jan had a problem with his heart.  12 weeks to see a cardiologist.  Then this hit.  Still not seen a cardiologist.  He fucking dropped dead last Weds.  This cunts in charge have fucking blood on their hands.  Absolute despicable cunts.

Really sorry to hear about your dad mate. 

16 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Really sorry to hear that, completely understand the emotion. The failure of the NHS to keep on top of the workload needs full investigation. Including primary care. At the same time, left unchecked coronavirus would have bought the system to its knees anyway. We fucked up in March and will be paying a heavy price in health for years to come. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Sorry to hear that about your dad mate 

Cheers guys.

It was a shock, but I can't really complain too much.  He was 84 and lived longer than I thought.  He's been knackered last 18 months with his health and with all this shite he's not been out the house since Feb.  What fucking life is that for someone.  You've got to take the positives, he went pretty quick and didn't suffer.  He could have easily been in a hospice or the like.

He got to see Leeds promoted so that's one thing, but he was still gutted I was a mag :lol: 

• Like 10

Condolences Wyki, it's a shitter.

Am pretty certain this non-Covid treatment block is all part of a "NHS can't cope" strategy so we'd better find another way - Oh how about private insurance. Cunts !!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Cheers guys.

It was a shock, but I can't really complain too much.  He was 84 and lived longer than I thought.  He's been knackered last 18 months with his health and with all this shite he's not been out the house since Feb.  What fucking life is that for someone.  You've got to take the positives, he went pretty quick and didn't suffer.  He could have easily been in a hospice or the like.

He got to see Leeds promoted so that's one thing, but he was still gutted I was a mag :lol: 

If you think Howmanheyman's gonna let you get away with "Cheers guys", even in these circumstances, think again. 

• Haha 5