Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

If you think Howmanheyman's gonna let you get away with "Cheers guys", even in these circumstances, think again. 

Even I'm not that heartless. You on the other hand, Mumsnet-diet-fad-CT-esque...... :lol:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If you think Howmanheyman's gonna let you get away with "Cheers guys", even in these circumstances, think again. 

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Even I'm not that heartless. You on the other hand, Mumsnet-diet-fad-CT-esque...... :lol:

The fuck? 

• Haha 3

Well I had a test today. Don't have a temperature etc but do have the cough and feel rough. Managed to get a test in Murton, past Seaham so a bit of a drive. Someone related to a lass who works with the eldest bairn had one today at Byker whereas I got stuck in Apache land. I was in a rush otherwise I'd have had a black and white scarf hanging out of the rear car window on the way down, (hear what I'm saying essembee). :good:

;)

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well I had a test today. Don't have a temperature etc but do have the cough and feel rough. Managed to get a test in Murton, past Seaham so a bit of a drive. Someone related to a lass who works with the eldest bairn had one today at Byker whereas I got stuck in Apache land. I was in a rush otherwise I'd have had a black and white scarf hanging out of the rear car window on the way down, (hear what I'm saying essembee). :good:

;)

You not been alert?

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

You not been alert?

Other than the supermarket once and work, I've been nowhere for over a week. Work isn't socially distanced properly although they pretend it is and one of the daughters works at a pharmacy and the other has recently went back to school. Could have caught it through all of those or more likely just have a head cold. 

There's been an outbreak of headlice in my daughters school (year 5), yet a-fucking-gain. How the fuck does that happen if social distancing is being operated? Think the R rate of those little bastards must be over 100. And what scruffy sods have had them all summer without getting them treated, by rights they should be extinct? Doesn't give confidence to you about covid mind. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

;)

One of the Doctors I work with tried to get a test last month. They tried to send her to Galashiels. She pitched up at a Byker walk in centre instead and got one there and then 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

One of the Doctors I work with tried to get a test last month. They tried to send her to Galashiels. She pitched up at a Byker walk in centre instead and got one there and then 

Fucking Galashiels again :lol:

Considering Boris is determined to keep the schools open come hell or high water

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/sep/22/covid-19-number-of-schools-in-england-not-fully-open-quadruples

The number of schools in England badly affected by Covid-19 cases among students and staff has quadrupled in the space of a week, and the number of pupils absent rose by 50%, according to estimates released by the Department for Education.

Prof John Edmunds, a member of the UK's Sage scientific advisory group but speaking to BBC Radio 4 in a personal capacity, said "we haven’t learned from our mistake" in delaying action in March and "we’re unfortunately about to repeat it".

The scientist from the London School of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene told the Today programme: "I don’t think the measures have gone anywhere near far enough."

"I suspect we will see very stringent measures coming in place throughout the UK at some point, but it will be too late again," he said.

He said that we will have let the epidemic "double and double and double again" before stricter measures are introduced, which will mean "the worst of both worlds" because it will mean "putting the brakes on the epidemic for a very long time, very hard".

Miss T's gone in to work today normally nothing phases her. But after Whitty & Valance's projections on Monday & Boris's pathetic response yesterday "a stitch in time saves nine" ffs. I could see her getting anxious as we watched Boris mumble & bumble through last night. She worked all through the Lockdown at school. There was supposed to be a rota but a few teachers didnt turn in last time & she did their days for them. Like I say it didnt bother her last time but I know shes worried this time.