Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I dunno how you fucking dare, you were displaying serious Rik off the young ones energy back in Feb, bouncing off the walls "LADS THE WORLD IS ENDING AND THE LADY WHO SITS NEXT TO ME HAS THE SNIFFLES." :lol:

I repeatedly had to peel you off the ceiling and put you back behind your desk. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I dunno how you fucking dare, you were displaying serious Rik off the young ones energy back in Feb, bouncing off the walls "LADS THE WORLD IS ENDING AND THE LADY WHO SITS NEXT TO ME HAS THE SNIFFLES." :lol:

I repeatedly had to peel you off the ceiling and put you back behind your desk. 

She'd never had a day off in her career, suddenly came down with acute cough and fever. Same with lass in front, I was in a covid sandwich. A middle-aged covid sandwich.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

She'd never had a day off in her career, suddenly came down with acute cough and fever. Same with lass in front, I was in a covid sandwich. A middle-aged covid sandwich.

:lol: a covid tailspin is what you were in. 

4 minutes ago, trooper said:

136 pupils the entire year 13 having to self isolate at Walbottle Academy

Don't worry Troops, no child will be left behind. We carry on regardless and they all finish this school year having learned 25 percent of what they should. And next year they move up a year because nothing can get in the way of learning, not even a pandemic. Even though it quite clearly is. 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

The cost of what you're suggesting and the consequent delay of those kids and the ones coming behind them being delayed from entering the workforce for a year plus having a fallow year at universities is estimated at £5.6 trillion pounds over the first ten years.

Your missus' life simply isn't worth that much.

But it is probably inevitable, this fucking thing is probably not going away any time soon, there's no ideal answer but persisting with the "old normal" in the face of the carnage is madness, if it's five hundred and eleventy bazillion (copyright P. Patel) that's what it is. Someone in Government needs to grasp that fact and work out options, ploughing on is just folly.

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

But it is probably inevitable, this fucking thing is probably not going away any time soon, there's no ideal answer but persisting with the "old normal" in the face of the carnage is madness, if it's five hundred and eleventy bazillion (copyright P. Patel) that's what it is. Someone in Government needs to grasp that fact and work out options, ploughing on is just folly.

What, the new normal is going to mean no physical schooling? :panic:

We're not at carnage stage yet. Get test and trace sorted, open only essential utilities, which to my mind is hospital and schools, and fast track a vaccine using Gemmill as a guinea pig. 

Just now, Renton said:

We're not at carnage stage yet. Get test and trace sorted, open only essential utilities, which to my mind is hospital and schools, and fast track a vaccine using Gemmill as a guinea pig. 

No USE, I'm bound to be immune anyway. We need a proper weak drip for this. I'M LOOKING AT YOU COVID CRYBABY. 

Btw this government is never gonna get test and trace sorted. They are too busy lying about the present and making undeliverable promises for the future. There isn't the will there to fix it - why bother when you can lie and say it's sorted? They've been doing it for the last 6 months, they aren't gonna get this fixed before there's a vaccine. 

• Like 2

The bottom line now since kids have gone back to school they're are starting to become infected. I cant remember this really affecting kids when the schools were closed (except for key workers kids ). Why cant they bring the autumn half term forward & extend it for a few weeks (4) enabling schools to get a head start before the winter.

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

But what if it does ??? all options need to be explored

If we get figures like in spring I think we are going to need a full lockdown at which stage I'd stop schooling for 3 months again. Werenot anywhere near there yet. School and hospital closure has to be the last things to shut. They might well have to. 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just been informed a member of our team has tested positive but they remain anonymous and not to worry unless I am specifically contacted. Ffs. 

:lol: sweet dreams

• Haha 1