Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

On 9/22/2020 at 08:34, Renton said:

You can't do lab work, hospital attachments, art work etc. online tbf. Most courses will have some activities that can't be done remotely.

But anyway denying students social interaction is denying them at least half the point of university, I do feel sorry for them. I dont have any answers unfortunately. 

And they may be banned from returning home for Christmas.

Anyone downloading the new contact tracing app, which is currently rocking a 1.6 star rating on the Google Play store? 

I don't know if all the bad shit we were supposed to fear about having the app has been sorted out or not. I mean it probably doesn't work anyway... 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Anyone downloading the new contact tracing app, which is currently rocking a 1.6 star rating on the Google Play store? 

I don't know if all the bad shit we were supposed to fear about having the app has been sorted out or not. I mean it probably doesn't work anyway... 

If I want to take my laddie football training at Wallsend BC I need to. Apparently. I’ll need to to scan the QR code as I go in. Although I’m not sure how they’ll enforce or police it. Just looking forward to being told I need to self isolate because someone’s tested positive 

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

If I want to take my laddie football training at Wallsend BC I need to. Apparently. I’ll need to to scan the QR code as I go in. Although I’m not sure how they’ll enforce or police it. Just looking forward to being told I need to self isolate because someone’s tested positive 

My gym are doing the qr code but have a get out clause for anyone without a smartphone to just ensure they have up to date contact details. I suppose that will apply to refuseniks too. 

I downloaded it even though I don't really go that far out and about  - I just think anything that can help is worth any downside. 

• Like 1

parkrun's not happening after all, surprise surprise. https://blog.parkrun.com/uk/2020/09/24/restarting-in-england/

Decent statement at least, it's nice to see them basically saying "there's no evidence to support this but we know too many people would moan" :lol:

Maybe if we all dressed up in hunting gear it'd be all right...