Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

37 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Read above your post although it seems you have and ignored it.

I did. I also didn’t see Patrick Vallance named anywhere in it. So you’re outraged? Give me just one paragraph on why.

12 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

You're clearly thicker than a doctor's wallet (No pun intended).

I'm with Ewerk on that one tbh, the content of the Vallance article is hardly something to stew over.

You seem oddly angry at being asked whats up with it.

Owning shares in a pharmaceutcal company is not a crime. Its a potential CoI but these are transparently declared at all committee level medical meetings and briefings ive been to. Vallance has done nothing wrong at all. 

I get sick of all the pharma bashing. These companies, and GSK in particular, are going to be the solution to this crisis. Its one industry the UK haa excelled in and we should be proud of. Instead, we've massively fucked them over with Brexit. Lets see how that works out. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

You're clearly thicker than a doctor's wallet (No pun intended).

For a start, he's a non-political appointee. He worked for GSK for a long time and rose to a high position that involved the award of a lot of shares. He has since sold most of his shares. He has been transparent about this throughout. It's not like GSK are some small non-entity who he can help get some work, they're one of the biggest pharma companies in the world.

What I was merely asking was for one shred of evidence of corruption and you came up with nothing.

8 hours ago, Renton said:

Owning shares in a pharmaceutcal company is not a crime. Its a potential CoI but these are transparently declared at all committee level medical meetings and briefings ive been to. Vallance has done nothing wrong at all. 

I get sick of all the pharma bashing. These companies, and GSK in particular, are going to be the solution to this crisis. Its one industry the UK haa excelled in and we should be proud of. Instead, we've massively fucked them over with Brexit. Lets see how that works out. 

Try working for one of the cunts and see how great they are

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Whilst I wholeheartedly endorse the sentiment, and would love to pile on, it's not as plain as that in his case, he previously worked for them as a Senior Exec and will no doubt have exercised his share options, it's not like he just dived in to grab shares recently to profiteer (unlike the rest of the corrupt Tory cunts). (Edit - basically what Ewerk said but I hadn't seen his post !!)

Edited by Toonpack

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Try working for one of the cunts and see how great they are

Well it worked okay for Chez Given iirc. Got him off the streets sucking cocks for baccy, and now he eats pigs legs in a swanky pad in Paris.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Well it worked okay for Chez Given iirc. Got him off the streets sucking cocks for baccy, and now he eats pigs legs in a swanky pad in Paris.

Just reminded me. I put "ChezGiven sucks cocks for baccy" in my signature and it got no reaction. About a year later he turned his signatures on by which time I had turned mine off and forgetten about it. He spotted it and was like "wtf!?" :lol:

Remember all the daft cunts with giant signatures btw. Fuck me. 

38 minutes ago, Ant said:

of all the social networks it's by far the shitest, not even any cat videos on the news feed

Not sure why I have it  add me and i'll give you some fake endorsements that make ya look useful :D  

I can't remember your surname? Let me know and I'll add you now. You can keep the fake endorsements though, I proudly display zero endorsements. :lol:

I resisted it until two years ago. Changed jobs and moved to a small startup* and everyone in the room was on it so I seemed like the weird kid so I signed up.  If a mate posts something I'll give it a like so more people see it but other than that I don't use it. 

*Pro tip: don't join a startup that relies on private investment to survive, if there's a global pandemic on the horizon. It gets dicey pretty quickly. 

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I can't remember your surname? Let me know and I'll add you now. You can keep the fake endorsements though, I proudly display zero endorsements. :lol:

I resisted it until two years ago. Changed jobs and moved to a small startup* and everyone in the room was on it so I seemed like the weird kid so I signed up.  If a mate posts something I'll give it a like so more people see it but other than that I don't use it. 

*Pro tip: don't join a startup that relies on private investment to survive, if there's a global pandemic on the horizon. It gets dicey pretty quickly. 

I signed up for similar reasons as everyone at work has it. 

I stopped using Facebook as it is fucking shite and my timeline was just filled with narcissist arseholes.

Linkedin takes the arseholery to another level. The lack of self awareness on there is absolutely astonishing. As far as I can tell, it’s only useful if you need a good sneer once in a while.

• Haha 1

It's wild. Company chief execs during the whole BLM thing, obviously thinking "well I've got to fucking say something", posting a load of bullshit and then getting 300k likes from absolute hoopsniffers across the globe. 

It is eye opening to see how career-driven some people are. I wouldn't fucking dream of posting some of the cringe shit that people I've worked with put up on there. 

I rely on it quite a bit as a consultant but I can't disagree with most of the stuff mentioned about it. There are some people who use it to 'remain visible' which is honestly probably something I should do more of.

58 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Oddly enough, am in the exact same position :lol: Am currently trying to get the one I'm involved with to pivot to a sustainability model before the funds dry up entirely. Challenging stuff..