Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Was not being able to use the changing room a massive imposition on you?

Vallance has £600,000 in shares, do you think that’s what is driving the way the entire world is dealing with this pandemic?

I was speaking to my Sister in law this morning, they had a meeting with Public Health England and Leeds City Council yesterday with regards to the local lockdown and they said with the implications on healthas a whole they wouldn't want to see a lockdown. The MP's wanted it.  So basically that's bollocks.

Well if we're arguing from anecdote then I'll say plenty of healthcare workers and scientists disagree. I'm one of them. We have a huge problem on our hands. How many people dying of covid do you think is acceptable and at what age is it okay to die from it? 

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Negative in comparison over the 5 year average.

Exponentially?  Keep an eye on this, that should be interesting. This thing is endemic and following seasonality.  So we should see an increase in the positives.  Hopefully we wont see deaths like we saw in March and I don't think we will.

We do need science to lead this, but the cunts in No. 10 aren't listening to the scientists.

Eh? What does that graph suggest to you? 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Valance held a senior role at GSK and was awarded a lot of shares when he left. He sold 90% of them. GSK are a huge company with fingers in many pies. Shares will go up only if the vaccine works and Vallance will make a few bob. So what? In contrast the non tenderng of PPE is scandalous, I agree.

Interesting point about false positives, I'd be interested to see the data if you have a link?

My sister will be starting chemo soon. Its a good example. If covid is rampant then she is more likely to catch it and die of it. Not that it matters to much in her case but think of all the vulnerable people in hospital who could die if you let rip? 

I'll get a link for it.

Hope your sister battles it.  My friend didnt have her chemo stopped during lockdown thankfully.  However she did say that there was a very noticeble lack of people having chemo compared to last year.

FWIW This guy has just been invited to SAGE - https://twitter.com/carlheneghan

So has Sunerta Gupta - https://www.bitchute.com/video/LFiZswSrMaVz/

I used to have huge respect for Carl Heneghan but I think he's got this one wrong and is digging himself a career ending hole. Anyway, it's important to note that scientists won't all agree about this. Nor is there any right answers. 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well if we're arguing from anecdote then I'll say plenty of healthcare workers and scientists disagree. I'm one of them. We have a huge problem on our hands. How many people dying of covid do you think is acceptable and at what age is it okay to die from it? 

How many people dying of cancer, heart issues, etc is acceptable because we have closed shop?

I don't know.

We may as well give up I suppose.

I would be interested in your take on this actually.

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How do we keep the virus under control?
 So what do we do?

Well the Full National Lockdown seemed to work last time. There were just over 650 new infections daily. The infection numbers are over 10 times that amount now & yet theres no Full Lockdown. I just dont understand it. 

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How many people dying of cancer, heart issues, etc is acceptable because we have closed shop?

I don't know.

We may as well give up I suppose.

I would be interested in your take on this actually.

I got about 10 minutes in. So his hypothesis is that because last years flu season was "soft", there was a pool of people who were going to die anyway when the next virus came along. Claims lockdown had no effect (which to me just seems logically indefensible) and cites Sweden to prove this. Sweden has actually done really badly compared to its neighbours of course, almost as badly as us in fact, but that's because there was less flu there last year apparently? Really?

Sorry, I just think this is nonsensical. The thousands of people dying in ICUs in Spring was a real thing. Its obvious lockdown halted it. And its obvious to me that as the lockdown has been removed, we are heading to a second wave.  Well, I hope he's right tbh, because if this virus is just like a bad strain of flu we'll be okay. I'd very happily be wrong in that case. But I don't think this is anything like flu and I dont think its going away. I think the current data proves it.

1 minute ago, NJS said:

There's no way the UK can learn lessons from Sweden as its a huge sparsely populated country with negligible business and tourist incomings. 

And healthier people, less BAME people, and people with a social conscience (they did lock down to a large extent, voluntarily). 

21 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So basically were fucked without a vaccine?

If you carry on he shows graphs that show Norway and Finland both had harsh Flu seasons 

We're not fucked, no. The virus isn't that deadly to most people. But it has to be controlled, not let it rip. Its not a trade off between health and the economy, you let this get out of control and the economy is destroyed anyway. You need to get the right balance to minimise transmission and stop exponential growth. We're not being strict enough at present imo. 

26 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So basically were fucked without a vaccine?

If you carry on he shows graphs that show Norway and Finland both had harsh Flu seasons 

So Norway and Finlands success was not because they had a harder lockdown, its because they had worse flu the year before? Howay man. 

You're clearly more knowledgeable than me on this, but i think it's been a mixture of things.  But whenever you speak of sweden people jump on the 'ooo look at Norway' first.

Well, look at Argentine.  Strict lockdown and mask laws.

Anyways, it's the reason I stopped coming on this thread.

Hopefully  things improve in another decade or so.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

We're not fucked, no. The virus isn't that deadly to most people. But it has to be controlled, not let it rip. Its not a trade off between health and the economy, you let this get out of control and the economy is destroyed anyway. You need to get the right balance to minimise transmission and stop exponential growth. We're not being strict enough at present imo. 

We get strict and its close all hospitality again, close all hairdressers, barbers etc.

Basically go full lockdown again.  This time were in flu season so may as well leave that until March.  That wont do any harm at all eh.

59 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Do people still talk about how Sweden were wrong on this thread?  I stopped reading it for my own mental health :lol:

Did they do full lockdown?

They’ve the 11th worst covid rate in the world, they’re hardly a shining example of how to do things right.

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

We get strict and its close all hospitality again, close all hairdressers, barbers etc.

Basically go full lockdown again.  This time were in flu season so may as well leave that until March.  That wont do any harm at all eh.

We're going round in circles, I don't know what you want me to say tbh. But this government is doing the minimum it thinks it can get away with to control this imo  that is just common sense. What's their motive to wreck the economy? Maybe reflect on that and you will either come back to reality or go full tin foil.